Dear Friend

4 posts
Random avatar
Gender Female
Points 1312
Reviews 64
Spent so much time with you,
can't even remember how we met,
age hasn't its fault,
yes we are still about to blossom.

Who knew you would've become the keeper of my secrets,
who knew one day you would've left,
we've spent tough days together
but with your presence life seemed lighter.

Friends always joking about futile things
but no need to search for them when in need.

Do you remember?
How we used to sit in the hall,
so perfect how we could take our masks away,
the ease of talking without barriers
arguing just for the fun of it.

Used to loose the cognition of time
which now I am aware of,
now I see the cruelty of reality.

Digging into you eyes my friend
I knew you could feel the melancholy of leaving.

Yes we didn't realize that the clock was ticking,
time is not an option
very few are lucky enough to live those memories again.

I can't stop you from following your path,
my selfishness must not become an obstacle for you,
life might be reserving more surprises
it is up to us to walk to them.

My reassurance is that I know ...
I know our friendship will last forever.
Last edited by Iamnotperfect on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:25 am, edited 4 times in total.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 5736
Reviews 84
Wow. This is really good. I absolutely love how you made me imagine these people's lives, and also how I was able to imagine someone old and sad and yet happy at the same time without coming right out and telling me that.
Live, Love, Laugh




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1305
Reviews 11
Hey. Okay, I love this poem. Mainly, because i think almost everyone in the world has a friend like this. Just noticed a few things. I think i'll be jumping around the poem a bit, so, sorry. :)
age hasn't it's fault,

This line seems weird, i'm not sure if it's because of the bold part. Maybe it shouldn't have an apostrophe.
it is up to us to

It think it needs to be, it is, not just is.

There are some areas where you need commas but since it is a poem, and you have poetic license to do whatever you want...Yeah.

Once again, I like the poem. :)




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 1080
Reviews 10
This is a great poem that I can definitely relate to. I like that it was sad but still full of confidence that this friendship could make it through the passing of time. In this stanza,
Iamnotperfect wrote:Used to loose the cognition of time
which now I am aware of,
now I see the cruelty of reality


I would change the last like to something like "now I see the cruel face of reality" so that it flows better with "the cognition of time". Also, I'm not sure but I think you mean lose not loose? Sorry if I'm wrong! Overall I really liked it :)
"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for mankind."
--Horace Mann



I was flummoxed by fractious Franny's decision to abrogate analgesics for the moribund victims of the recent conflagration. Of course, to display histrionics was discretionary, but I did so anyways, implicating a friend in my drama to make the effect cumulative. I think a misanthrope would have a prosaic appellation, perhaps one related to autonomy and the rejection of anthropocentrism. I think they wouldn't think much of the prominence of watching the coagulation of tea to prognosticate future malevolent events, not even if those events were related to jurisprudence.
— Spearmint