Tasting the Air

6 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 16
Tasting the air with my tongue.
I stood right here when I lost someone.
So long ago, but it smells just the same.

Wading through depths while I sung.
Hoping you’d hear I felt afraid and alone.
So wrong I was, supposing you called me by name.

Hanging on lines I was wrung,
Into a tangle of what I’d been through before
So strong I thought, but was convicted and labeled a shame.

Hating the tears, how they stung,
Dying my dress and once again here I stand on my own.
So long ago, but it hurts me the same.
Last edited by Myrcei on Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep."
---Scott Adams




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 5
hi there...madel here' i love writing poems too

but i am not good with it..by the way

i have read your title and been

intrigued so i decided to read this

after reading my whole face was

like a big question mark and a question

pop out of my head "is this really a poem??

well i dont know if this is another type of a poem

this work really confused me....

anyways... i know you have the talent in writing
and i believe in you,you just have a little problem on how to
construct each lines...good luck...
think of a way to get what you want

without giving up more than what you have....




Random avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 2
The poem is written beautifully, but maybe some more punctuation could be used? I think it would make the poem flow a little better, at least in my head. :) Additionally, I love the mood the poem portrays.

Sorry if my review wasn't that good; I'm feeling a little drowsy.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 86
I agree that some punctuation would be helpful to teh flow of the poem. Aslo, try to keep your stanzas the same length or realtively the same if at all possible. I was glad to see that your rhyming did not feel forced as it often can. Those are just my nitpicks. i really enjoyed reading this poem. Nice job!
Who did the jedi mind trick on you women when it comes to capri pants? *waves hand* You want a piece of clothing that makes your ass look wider, your legs shorter, and your feet bigger.
-Christopher Titus




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 26
Beautifully written, especially the rhyming pattern. Also loved the idea behind it. I don't even have any CC to say (Sorry to disappoint!). I just simply enjoyed reading this!
Great work!
- - No one is free while others are oppressed - -
Gandhi.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 890
Reviews 16
Thank you so much everyone for commenting on my poem!
I don't think you could ever understand how much I appreciate it. :D
Thank you, thank you, a million times.
"Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Art is knowing which ones to keep."
---Scott Adams



Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.
— Apple Inc.