z

Young Writers Society

Hello YWS!

Reviews: 3
Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:35 am
Summer--Solstice says...

Hello all inhabitants of YWS! I am Summer--Solstice and I am the newbie (but really I'm a yellow alien in disguise come to invade the forums o_O). You can call me Summer!

I'm from California which is now like a land of pure hellfire cause of this heat. I'm in lurve with writing and here to make improvements! I also enjoy the anime/manga stuff, Naruto and Sailor Moon being my favorite! *totally doesn't own Naruto memorbalia >>*.

Romantic-Fiction is one of my favorite forms of writing, though mine is quiet twisted xD My favorite author of all time is going to have be J.K. Rowling because of the world she created. I enjoy poetry to! Though, I don't need to write it because it never ends up happy xD (angst, angst, angsty, angst!) No, I'm not like that.

Anyway... I can haz greeting? :wink:

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:01 pm
roon says...

*hands over greeting*

Hello! I’m fairly new too!

Wow but, I’m a green alien! My earth name is Roon, well not really but you can call me that cause it’s my nickname! I LOVE manga/ anime, and yes Harry Potter is a wonderful thing! Romantic fiction not so much my thing, but hey! Do you have any works posted? If you do I will take a look!

~Roon
The worst tragedy for a poet is to be admired through being misunderstood.

~ Jean Cocteau

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:02 pm
Demeter says...

Hey Solstice / Summer!

Here's one greeting for you. I hope you like it. :P

You could share some of that heat, eh? The Nordic countries would like some too, you know. At least Finland would.

I really like JK Rowling too, and I adore poetry. =) Meh, all poetry doesn't need to happy, right? :P I'm not really interested in anything Japanese, the exception being haikus and tankas, which I'm very into, they're so pretty.

Well, I hope you like YWS, and just PM me if you have any questions/need help.

See you around,

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:46 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

You can haz greeting. ^_^

Hiya Summer and welcome to YWS! :D

Here are a few rules to you started:

~Please review at least two pieces of work before posting your own. This is only fair, because who's going to review your work if you haven't reviewed? :/ Yup, it keeps everything in balance, and is often referred to as the 2:1 ratio.

~Do not use chat-speak or CAPs. For example: dat wuz awsme or THAT WAS AWESOME! We're all writers here, so please post like one. ^^

~Please review all of your work. That way it'll show up on the main page and more people will review it! :D

Also, if you'd care for a review from one of our lovely and talented Instructors, please PM one from this thread-

post580878.html#580878

Have a question? Want to talk or need a friend? PM me and I'll be more than happy to help! :D
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:52 pm
SpencerNolanRivers says...

Hello, Summer. I am quite fond of your name. I once wrote a romantic short story with a character named Summer, and guess where it took place. California!

By the way, my name is Kiara. You can call me Kiki, I'm fine with that. Romantic-fiction has to be one of my favorite genres as well, which is ironic due to my dislike of typical romances. I am also a big Harry Potter fan, JKR is also my favorite author.

Welcome to YWS, and I hope you have a great time here.
House: People interest me. Conversations don't.
Foreman: Maybe because conversations go both ways.
House & Foreman: Like Thirteen.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:12 am
Mira says...

Hiyas, Summer! :) It's wonderful to meet you!

But, wait. You're a yellow alien? I wouldn't happen to know you would I? I met you at that one space station by the Zigma Galaxy? :lol:

J.K. Rowling is awesome. ^-^ Which Harry Potter book was your favorite?

So, I bet you're wondering about all the colorful members. Have no fear, Mira is here!

Blue - Greeters. They lounge about the Welcome forums waiting to pounce and greet the new members. You'll probably meet a few. ^-^

Purple - Instructors. They have to be the best reviewers on the site and help everyone enhance their writing skills.

Light Green - Junior Moderators. They cover specific areas of the site, making it a better place for us all.

Dark Green - Moderators. These people are the real deal. They cover a larger portion of the site.

Red - Administration... (Firestarter, Nate, and Mesh) They're all super amazing and make the site the best place in the universe. ^-^

Well, that's it for the boring part. Now, tell us a bit about yourself. What's your favorite color? Favorite food? If you could be a bug, which one would you be?

Also, if you'd like to meet a few people I'd recommend heading over to chat. ^-^ Here's the link: http://host7110.123flashchat.com/youngwriterssociety/

If you need anything, please PM me. ^-^ I'll help as much as I can.

Smiles!
~Mira
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:22 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey Summer! My name is Chloe, but if you'd like to, you can call me by my username.

I absolutely love your avatar. It's hilarious. *steals* J. K. Rowling is one of my favorite authors. Did you watch the TV special about her a week ago?

Since the other awesome YWS members went over most of what you need to know, I'll add this.

Have you ever wondered what those cool titles under your user-name are?
New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist (when you get your snazzy custom title): 250 - 499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts
Master of the Forum: 1,000+ posts
And there are more, I bet. ;)

So, that's all for now. I hope you have a great time at YWS! Feel free to PM me if you need help or would like me to review something you've written!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:19 pm
kaiden says...

i'm from california too though maybe that's not so surprising. yes the heat is a little unbearable but burning hell? mmm i'll give that to arizona or even texas.(only lived in arizona)

i sorta like anime. one anime show that i really liked was Wolf's Rain but it only had one season because i think the writers kind of wrote themselves into a dead end lol oh well. it was a great show i'd highly recommend it.

i like twisted stories so keep twisting!(cheesy i know.)

A classic is a book which people praise and don't read.
— Mark Twain