z

Young Writers Society

A Little SomethingSomething About Serena

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sat May 19, 2007 2:12 am
View Likes
PerforatedxHearts says...

Hey, I'm Serena. You've probably seen me hanging out most at the Writing Tips section, or constantly checking up on my story over at the Literary Community (In the Romantic Fiction), And the Bride Wore Black. Why don't you go check it out now?

I write because I'd die if I didn't.

I write because you wouldn't know me so if it wasn't for my stories.

I write because that's the only thing I'm actually good at.

I write because it's exactly like breathing: you'll die if you don't do it.

I've won a few essay contests here and there, also placing 2nd in a sort of Sci-Fi contest (or at least along the lines of it), better known as the Future Problem Solvers Scenario contest, similar to a short-story contest.

I am a subscriber to Writer's Digest, however expensive their magazines may be.

I live in South Texas, somewhere along the coast.

It's sad to say that I honestly can teach better than my English teacher.

No, I'm not bragging.

And...how I wrote And the Bride Wore Black was because of my own experiences of wanting a boy and not getting him, though I've never dated before.

I adore Sarah Dessen, Stephenie Meyer, Meg Cabot, Scott Westerfeld, Libby Bray, Neil Gaiman, Christopher Moore, and so many more writers.

But mainly Sarah Dessen.

I think it just has to do with how she expresses herself in story, her voice, whatever.

I do have a Myspace. PM me to get it, since I don't think I can post it here.

Even if I sound like a stuck-up bitch while I'm editing, I really am not. I sound smarter than I am. I sound older than I am. I act older than I am. But I do not usually spare people just because it's their "first time".

By the way, I'm 13.

--Serena <333

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Mon May 21, 2007 2:25 am
JC says...

It says you're thirteen, I've seen that you are. =D.

I'd say you do sound older than you are, but for some reason somebody of any age saying they know they sound older than they are makes me think they sound younger. Maybe it's just me.

Anyways, I've read you're story already and I remembered to check it off my to do list! So (hehe) it's all good.

Now that I know a bunch of random facts...well...I don't know what to do...

*runs of to the literary section for some good ol' fashioned critiquing*

hehe, by the way I heard you applied for instructor! Good luck with that, I hope to see you joining those ranks soon! hehe.

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

125 Reviews

Mon May 21, 2007 7:51 pm

Yes! I can't wait. Nate says for me to PM him sometime in early June (for me, that's on May 31 at 12:00 AM. Hehe.), so it should all be good. Yay!

Hm. Do you have any stories you want me to comment on? Right now that's all I really have time for.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

514 Reviews

Tue May 22, 2007 12:49 am
JC says...

You know, instructor isn't all that different. Just a new color and some recognition. You haven't been here all that long and I think that there's a lot more that you could do to help out. Honestly, I haven't seen you critiquing much, and it's not all about the writing tips. It's also how helpful you are to others. My advice, critique like crazy, even if it means sacraficing your own work for others. Honestly there isn't much difference between being an instructor, and just helping. So first I suggest you work on helping, and then get your title.

Sorry if that sounded harsh, it was not my intention.
-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

125 Reviews

Wed May 23, 2007 2:06 am

Nah, it's not harsh. I understand.

Yeah, I've tried to get a few more critiques here and there. I'm going to start reviewing like crazy after we get out of school.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

514 Reviews

Wed May 23, 2007 5:01 am
JC says...

Awesome! Maybe you'd be able to fit in some of my things?? hehe. Just kidding. Unless you really want to....hehe. I don't really need critiques any more(for the old stuff) so much as feedback....You might have seen POD around here...not the band...it's the short version of my book, Philosophy of the Dark. It's not done yet, not even close, but I hear it's pretty good....now I feel like I'm bragging...I must shut up! hehe.

Anyways...Good luck with instructor, like I said, and I hope to see more of your writing around here!
-JC

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
— Voltaire