z

Young Writers Society

nova sum

Reviews: 0
Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:44 pm
Guest says...

Hello! I'm new. I'm a decent writer, I suppose--people seem to like my work. I've only written short stories, and I'm trying to write a novel, which isn't turning out too well because I can't make it long enough. :roll: I guess that's all there is to say right now.

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:01 pm
Trident says...

Hello euterpe. May I ask the meaning behind your screen name?

Anyway, welcome to YWS! I hope you have a good time here. This place surely has an enormous impact on one's writing, especially if you take heed of everyone's advice.

Have fun!
Perception is everything.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:22 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Welcome to YWS! If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I have trouble writing long things, too. I always get distracted...

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:44 am
Loranys Gellantara says...

As usual I am going to go through 'me'!

Now I have five names on here, Lauren, Loz, Lozareth, boots and Draco.
You'll see me hanging around everywhere really.

I have officially finished school but I have not graduated. Read my blog for more info!

Well I think that's all except, welcome to YWS, PM me if you need anything and I'm crazy shhhhh!

Cioa

Loz
I'm only laughing on the outside. My smile is just skin deep. If you could see inside I'm really crying

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:28 am
Poor Imp says...

Welcome euterpe.

Short stories are always good, and, for the most part, rather harder to make tight than novels. ^_^ I hope to see some posted.

I'm Imp, a moderator it seems--and if you've any questions, feel free to PM me. Though the FAQ answers most basic questions as well. ^_^

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:12 am
Shafter says...

Salutations and welcome! :D

Not long enough, indeed! You'll usually find that if you expand on your ideas and go for depth, anything you write will expand anyway. No worries! :D

I'm Shafter, the resident punctuation/grammar critiquer. PM if you want a crit, have a question, or just want to chat. See ya around the site!

Cheers! ~Shafter
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:43 am
Vampirewolf3 says...

Hola euterpe13! (My spanish is gettin' rusty)
I remember when I was new...(dreamy look)If you have any questions or need a crit, PM me, and I will come and say the da-erm, never mind. But you can still PM me if you need ANY help.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:00 pm
Cassandra says...

Hi there, and welcome to YWS! I'm Cassandra, and if you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to PM me for help.

Enjoy yourself,
Cass
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

Reviews: 0
Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:36 pm
Guest says...

trident wrote:May I ask the meaning behind your screen name?
Euterpe is the Greek muse of music, and she's represented by the flute. I play the flute, and I like music quite a bit, so I figured it's fitting.

236 Reviews

Reviews: 236
Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:14 pm
carelessaussie13 says...

Hi

I'm on the same page as far as the whole short story thing goes. My parents are always telling me that short stories are a good way to get "big people" to notice my work, but the last thing I did. . .well. . .oh yeah, this is supposed to be about saying hi to you.

Hi!

Basically I just need friends, and I'm mega random, so PM me if you need crits or cookies. Well, virtual ones anyway! :roll:

Hope to read your work soon!
Carelessaussie13
“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” - Freya Stark

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground.
— The Bee Movie