z

Young Writers Society

I'm new here (yay!) and I have a question...

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:43 pm
Broken Wings says...

Hi. My username is Broken Wings, as you can see, but please just call me Wings.

I was wondering about the message that was sent to me when I first joined. It says not to post anything until I have reviewed atleast two items...

What does that mean? :?

Thanks for all the help!
-Wings

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:46 pm
Poor Imp says...

Hullo Wings - and welcome, of course, to YWS. ^_^

As to the question about the message: Merely means that you're supposed to comment on someone else's work (in the literary forums) before you post your own. ^_^ That way, everyone gets some remark on what they've written.

Feel free to PM me...or any of the helpful greeters and mods around here with any other questions that might turn up. Pleasant community here, all 'round. ^_^

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:52 pm
David Guinness says...

Hi Wings! Welcome to the YWS!

Hope you like it here. If you have any questions or would like some help navigating the site, don't hesitate to PM me, or the "colorful" people here. ;)

I look forward to reading some of your work!

-David-
David Guinness

93 Reviews

Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:56 pm
Broken Wings says...

Thank you guys, I look forward to reading and writing as well!

But before I go any further, I would like to ask one more question. It seems rude of me to message you a question right after you said I can. (Don't ask, it's just the way I am).

So here it goes: What do we use the points for and how do we get them?

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:59 pm
Poor Imp says...

You get points for posting in the literary, critiquing people's work, for giving tips in the Writing Activities and Writing Tips. You have to spend points to post in Randomness or the Lounge.

Then of course, there's the featured member - whoever ends up with most points at the end of a week. They show up on the main page. ^_^
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

93 Reviews

Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:04 pm
Broken Wings says...

Okay, I'm starting to get this now. :D Thanks a bunch. I'm going to go adventuring! Hopefully I'll meet some friendly elves on the way ^_~

As you can see, you'll find my posts in the fantasy-fiction forum! I'll make sure to check back here often and help as much as I can!

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:10 pm
Wiggy says...

Welcome wings!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo glad you're here!!!! Imp has been of great help already, I can see. :D If you have any more questions or just want to talk, feel free to PM me. :)

I'm Wiggy, by the way, and I love writing too!!!!! (Well, everyone on here does....lol) I'm a historical fiction buff, but I love all types of literature. I'm guessing you mostly write fantasy fiction?

Again, glad you're here hon, and see ya round the site! It ROCKS here, as I'm sure you'll be able to tell soon enough. *huggles* TTYL!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:16 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Greetings and Welcome to YWS. If you have any questions what so ever feel free to PM me. I go by CL or Cal around here, and I'm just the tad crazy. Another fantasy writer? YAY!

Have a cheesemuffin?

Cheerios hon,
CL.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:57 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Argh...I need to remember to keep to the 2:1 Ratio Rule. :(

Anyways, welcome, and enjoy yourself.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:58 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Welcome to YWS. I'm Grif and I'm one of the mods here. If you have anymore questions, just send it to me or another member of big brother.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:14 am
Myth says...

Welcome Wings!

I'm Myth. You've already commented on my work so thanks!

If you ever need anything critiqued in return be sure to let me know. :D
.: ₪ :.

'...'

In the winter months, snowstorms and rainfall in the Patagonian Ice Fields can drastically affect the landscape. Worsened by heavy winds, such storms can reduce visibility and lead to glacial calving, ice collapses, and avalanches. During these conditions, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian