z

Young Writers Society

Ready, Set, Write! [Original Song] YWS Tribute Album Part 1

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:58 pm
Taxi says...

Hey, YWS. I've been working on some songs recently; songs heavily inspired by this very community. I don't know if I've mentioned this, but I really, really love this community. Because it's awesome! And I wanted to give it a Christmas present. Since I'm already doing a literary piece for my secret Santa, I thought that this would be a good way to go.

I don't know for sure how far this will go, but I'd love to do an album as a tribute to YWS. I uh, hope that's alright...

So, anyway, here's the first song. It's not completely finished yet, but it's just about there. It's called Ready, Set, Write!

I'd, uh, appreciate any feedback you have. ^_^

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:26 pm
farz95 says...

Hey its Farz !

The music sounds really nice and since the song is a tribute to YWS, I think it is just too sweet!
Good luck to you and one day you might produce an album dedicated to Young Writers Society.

Keep up the great work
:D

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:46 am
View Likes
catslikebooks2 says...

Really nice rhythm! Sounds kind of dark, or like you're preparing for something at the beginning. Whatever make that tinkling sound in the second part sounds awesome! The second part has kind of a lingering, light feel to it. the really fast drum-thing sounds cool too. You can probably tell I don't review music.......yeah. Well, the tension of the beginning and the lightness of the second part work well in conjunction with each other. Whatever makes the sound like you're dropping something adds a nice touch, and the main instrument...clarinet?....has a haunting sound to it. I can bob my head to it, the two parts create a sort of tension and release that's appealing, I would say this is a nice piece of music that I could listen to for quite a while.
"You know how writers are... they create themselves as they create their work. Or perhaps they create their work in order to create themselves."-Orson Scott Card
Cats are awesome! So are books!so obviously; catslikebooks2!

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:33 pm
MiaParamore says...

Hey Lyricalias. :D

Thanks for requesting a review.

Alright, so you asked for review from the wrong person. I love listening to music, but when it comes to technicalities, I'm really dumb, to be honest. But I think you'd love audience kind of critique and that I can give.

First of all, I really like this idea of having a tribute album to YWS- definitely original and sweet. It's so sweet that you love this community so much and I'd like to wish you all the luck.

Secondly, I like the title. It's definitely catchy and I do feel like listening to the song. If a title is able to do that, I think half the job is done.

Alright, so this didn't have any lyrics. When you said it's a song, I thought 'song with lyrics'. lol. But the music was nice. I mean, it was soulful and I did feel like listening to it again and again. :D But I'd love it even more if you have lyrics to it. But don't bother if that's not what you had planned. :D

Uhm, actually about music you should contact Jashy. She's really good at such stuff.

Sorry this review sucked, but I can review fiction, if you ever want it. :)

Keep it up,
Mia
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

As a former (and rather excellent) liar herself, Aru knew that, sometimes, speaking the truth felt like wrenching a thorn out of your side. But doing the opposite meant pretending it wasn't there. And that made every single step ache. It was no way to live.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality