z

Young Writers Society

--

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:33 pm
meganTQ says...

Deleted
Last edited by meganTQ on Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo~ Carlos Varela

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:45 pm
Baconator says...

Applying for college sounds like an extremely aggravating process. I wish you luck! Anyways, it is a great protrayal of how complicated it school is in modern times. Like how when our parents were our age you could not go to college and still be successful. These days the teachers shove college down your throat! Nice ABACDC rhyme scheme. I like how the poem defines your frustration, actions, and feelings towards college applications. Great work :)

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:16 am
cammie says...

LOVE IT! hahahah this was funny. and a perfect fit for the contest.... it could be a winner :-)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to persue them" -Walt Disney
:-)

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:14 pm
xDudettex says...

Hey there!

I myself didn't go to university, so I never had the pleasure of filling out forms and applications. I have friends who did though and this poem of yours describes the way they felt pretty much to the letter.

Applying: you're just so much fun

Now, I know nothing about poetry, so feel free to ignore me, but I think this line would be better if you added an exclamation mark to the end of it. I know this line is supposed to be sarcastic, but I think the sarcasm would work more and be more obvious to the reader if you added the extra punctuation. Like I said before though, feel free to ignore me :)

Accommodation: that sounds nice.
But if you're going to charge me that much,
I'll be eating beans and rice.

So true. Although in my friend's case it's not 'beans and rice,' but 'McDonalds' :P I've heard them complain about how poor they are due to how much they have to pay towards fees and rent.

Sorry for not being much help, but I think you did a great job on this :)

xDudettex
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

Light griefs are loquacious, but the great are dumb.
— Seneca