z

Young Writers Society

The Ruby of Zoran

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:48 pm
Tigersprite says...

NOTE: This is my first SB, and I'm determined to make sure it's a good one. If you wish to join, make sure that you can commit to this first. If you join and decide to drop out, don't waste my time and confuse other Storybookers by not posting at all. Just shoot me a PM instead. And when the SB has started, don't post here asking to join. PM me or post in the DT.

The Ruby of Zoran: Concept

The story is set in the Kingdom of Nirjia, where the Summer days are short and the Winters long.

Humans and elfkind have been at conflict for 107 years because of a thievery. The conflict arose when the Ruby of Zoran--a gem stolen from the Humans' original land of Gesta to be used as a crown jewel for Zoran, the elven king of those times--went missing. The elves blamed the humans, the humans maintained their innocence and pointed the blame on the elves. Tension is still apparent between the two races although they co-exist in the same cities. Indeed, the present ruler, King Dauki, has recently been attempting to promote unity between the two races; in a landmark move he has recently allowed Zanam--mixtures of the two races who've long been treated as social outcasts--to live in cities. Due to a previous law, once they had reached the age of fifteen, they'd be sent out of whatever city they had been born in.

King Dauki's eldest son, Laridail, announces that he has discovered clues as to the location of the Ruby. But this is dismissed as nonsense by his father, and so Laridail denounces his own claims to avoid his father's displeasure. Yet he has many friends and connections, and so he makes it known amongst the locals of Adiel, Nirjia's capital city, that on the 107th anniversary of the Ruby's disappearance, he will give clues as to its location to any interested in finding it, under cover of darkness in the Ziras Fields. Many are interested in finding it for many reasons: some humans want to prove their race's innocence, while many elves wish to do the same. Even travellers have heard and have come from afar, for ever since the Ruby's disappearance a 50,000 gold piece reward has been up for its return.

You will be a member of a party who set out to find the Ruby, and will travel far and wide in its pursuit, making allies and enemies along the way. You will be free to direct your character as you like (although there is a general plot and rules on things such as magic). Interested?

Rules

-All normal YWS rules apply.

-No netspeak, GOOD GRAMMAR and sensible posts. (That is, don't write something like: Aaron was drowning in the water when the fire turned his blood hot. It must make sense.) I will bug you on this, because I hate seeing bad grammar/ spelling and posts that make no sense.

-No God-modding.

-In regards to swearing, bear in mind that this is a fantasy so you can make up your own swear words, as long as they aren't actual swear words and are referred to as curses. But don't make your character too foul-mouthed (or else I will take it as a violation of the Good Grammar rule), and make sure to point out in some way that the word is in fact a curse (so that the other characters can react appropriately).

-Romance but no sex scenes.

-Medium violence but no hack 'n slash or anything too detailed. (I'll PM you about it if you do this.)

-Put your character's name in bold at the top of your post.

-Only one character per person.

-Don't kill other characters. Not unless it's a mutual agreement that their character is to be killed off by your character, and it must be run by me first.

-No double posting unless there have been no new posts for 24 hours.

-If you're interested, post a profile, and then I'll PM you about any changes to it that need to be made.

-PM me if you have any other questions.

Dropping Out

-If you put in a profile but wish to drop out before the story starts, simply edit the profile out.

-If the story has started and you wish to drop out, PM me. Don't just stop posting. When you PM me, I'll make sure you are absolutely sure you have no time for the storybook, upon which your character will be killed off (it adds some realism to the story, anyway).

-In reference to the above, if you decide you want a break from the storybook, PM me and I'll keep your character as an NPC until you return (or if you change your mind later I'll have them killed off).

-If your character is dormant, i.e. you don't post for around a month or two (PM me if you need a break or are unable to participate for a certain time) your character will be killed off.

All Spots Taken (PM me if you still wish to join)

Zelvna Nay'all---(female elf) retrodisc666 {Currently an NPC until an unspecified time}

Vonual S'haara---(female Zanam) Pinkshearwater {Active}

Ari Mai---(male elf) Forever Threnody {Inactive}

Siofra Farland---(female Zanam) ScarlettFire {Active}

Xavier ap Ganthi---(male Zanam) Skins {Active}

Csel---(male Elf) carbonCore {Active}

Blossom Zan'te---(female Human) MilkNCookies {Has left the SB, character still active}

Avighal Ye'sheal---(female Zanam) jashbagabaldo {Active}

Aikan Dursil--(male Human) Tigersprite {Active}

Arodeth Lothwen---(female Elf) Vampyre {Active}

Raksha "Demon" Jezebel---(female Human) Ladyofthedeathroses {Active}

Vincent Knight---(male Human) Mazzi {Inactive}

Tanosh Abur--(male Human) bonnie babe {Inactive}

Joshua Pastas--(male Human) jok101 {Active}

Isleen Maya Amets--(female Human) Isha {Active}

Original Parties

Party One: Will leave first, the night the details of the quest are told by Laridail in the Ziras Fields. Lead by Aikan (Tigersprite). In the Storybook, party members will be chosen for the the appropriate group.

--Aikan Dursil (m Human)

--Arodeth Lothwen (f Elf)

--Ari Mai (m Elf)

--Vonual S'haara (f Zanam)

--Raksha "Demon" Jezebel (f Human)

--Blossom Zan'te (f Human) {NPC}

--Tanosh Abur (m Human)

Party Two: Will leave the morning after the event at the Ziras Fields. This party will be slightly behind the first. Lead by Csel (carbonCore). In the Storybook, party members will be chosen for the the appropriate group.

--Csel (m Elf)

--Xavier Ap Ganthi (m Zanam) {Currently a loner, not affiliated with any party}

--Vincent Knight (m Human)

--Siofra Farland (f Zanam)

--Avigail Yesheal (f Zanam)

--Zelvna Nay'all (f Elf) {NPC}

--Joshua Pastas (m Human)

New Parties (Will be implemented soon after the current Party One is attacked on the way to Gaja. The attack will delay them, and the current Party Two will meet up with them only to be attacked also. The Inactive characters will be injured and stay behind while the others escape.)

Party One--The Active Party: Members of this party will be relegated to second party if they become inactive.

--Aikan Dursil (m Human) {Active}

--Arodeth Lothwen (f Elf) {Active}

--Avigail Yesheal (f Zanam) {Active}

--Blossom Z'ante {Character Inactive, Death Pending}

--Csel (m Elf) {semi-Active}

--Isleen Maya Amets (f Human) {Active}

--Joshua Pastas (m Human) {semi-Active}

--Raksha "Demon" Jezebel (f Human) {Active}

--Siofra Farland (f Zanam) {Active}

--Vonual S'haara (f Zanam) {Active}

Party Two--The Inactive Party: Members of this party may return to the first if they become active again.

--Ari Mai (m Elf) {Inactive}

--Vincent Knight (m Human) {Inactive}

--Tanosh Abur (m Human) {Inactive}

--Zelvna Nay'all (f Elf) {Inactive NPC, will return to the story later)

Loners: Members of this party go about on their own, and may or may not join a proper party at a later date.

--Xavier Ap Ganthi (m Zanam) {Active}

NOTE: Due to too many of them so far, no more characters (unless previously reserved) can be Zanam. They must either be Elven (the dominant race) or Human (preferably, make them Human). I ask also that their genders are somewhat balanced (not everyone male, not everyone female, you understand?).

Character Template

Code: Select all
[b]Name:
Age (All characters 17 and beyond. Bear in mind that their age is of great importance to their magic):
Race (Elf, Human or Zanam. Background info will be available on the DT):
Magic User or Non-Magic User (If Elf or Human):
 -Which element do they specialize in? (If Elf Magic User):
 -Which weapon do they prefer to use? (If Zanam, if any race Magic/ Non-Magic User):
Appearance (picture if Human, if you can find any also if Elf otherwise use description, if Zanam either describe or use a picture of an Elf/ Human--Zanam can take after either. Please do not use anime unless it's very detailed, cartoon anime pics are difficult to visualize):
Personality:
History (optional):
Reason they decide to join the quest (if a secret reason to be revealed later, merely write *secret*):
Up for love:
Other:[/b]

NOTE: Background info (essential to know before you post a profile), General info and the Rules of Magic will be available on the DT once it's posted.

FURTHER EDIT:

The Ruby of Zoran DT

The Ruby of Zoran Club
Last edited by Tigersprite on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:54 am, edited 22 times in total.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

333 Reviews

Reviews: 333
Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:48 pm
retrodisco666 says...

Name:
Zelvna Nay'all

Race (Elf, Human or Zanam. Background info will be available on the DT):
Elf

Magic User or Non-Magic User (If Elf or Human):
Magic user

Earth

-Which weapon do they prefer to use? (If Zanam, if any race Magic/ Non-Magic User):
Bow and arrow

Appearance (picture if Human, if you can find any also if Elf otherwise use description, if Zanam either describe or use a picture of an Elf/ Human--Zanam can take after either):
She is around five foot six. She has light hair with whisps of grey running through it. She has pale skin and pale grey eyes and very elven features.

Personality:
She is very blunt. She will tell a person what she thinks regardless of the consequences. She is very cold and not many people see a better side of her, yet, she is not evil.

The cold, empty places. Her trusty weapon. Lots of earth around her. A cresent moon. The elven race have more power in society and humans being treated like second class citizens. The study of magic

Dislikes:
Warm sunny places. Places with excess people. Small places surrounded by water. When humans have a stronger position in society than elves. When people rely on weapons too much.

History (optional):
She originates from the colder northern eleven cities.She was recruted by the Zurinians at the age of twelve. She was recruited by an aged woman with saddening eyes who promised her a better life, her mother let her go willingly as she didn't want her daughter to miss an opurtunity. She now recruts for the Zurinians after being with them for many years, yet, it has not been without it's consequences. She had been away from human society for so long she no longer knows how to interact with the properly. She now lives a little away from the Zurinians, as there are too many people there, however, she is always willing to help when needed and vists often so she can go with them and colect more elves and help people train with their magic.

Up for love:
Yes, but it will be hard for her to find it

Other:
She refers to all humans as "shemen" an ancient Elven horrid term for humans and often scream it at them which lands her in trouble with the authorities as she is seen as trying to cause a rift between the two races where as the prince has tried so hard to keep them close. Her bow is made from unicorn hair which she got herself, so it is strong and sturdy and will always been benifical to her and unicorn hair is practically unbreakable once removed from the beats, giving the bow an added advantage.
Reason for joining
The Zurinians sent her as she is the most un-likely to be undistracted on the quest. They would then use the ruby to gain funds to help people train magic in better facilities and make them comprehend the power they truly have through better supplies.

Better? Let me know if not :D
Last edited by retrodisco666 on Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
'I have loved to the point of madness, which for me is the only true way to love'
~Francoise Sagan

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:00 am
Shearwater says...

Name: Vonual S'haara

Race:Zanam

-Which weapon do they prefer to use?: Long Twin swords
Spoiler! :

Appearance
:
From her mother's side, she has silver-like hair but thank god it doesn't make her look old. She can be somewhat self-conscious about it, therefore there are times when she wears a cloak to hide it. She's pretty skinny since she's extremely picky about what she eats and if it doesn't appeal to her, she'll skip her meal.
Spoiler! :

Personality
: Pretty quiet and hard to warm up to but once gotten to known, she's a pretty free-spirited and sometimes a funny girl. She is righteous and will not give a second chance to those who she thinks deserve death. She is a warrior at heart and is proud to be a Zanam, even though many are against her race. She will not tolerate discrimination against her kind and might even become slightly aggressive.

Likes: Peace and equality. She likes funny people who can make her laugh. Also, she's a sucker for beautiful scenery, which is also one of the reasons she loves to travel. She likes to clean and can sometimes be a bit OCD, she might even try to clean other people's things (only if it annoys her that much.)

Dislikes: Excessive noise and dirty people. Discrimination and prideful, rich, arrogant snobs. Those humans and elves who think themselves higher than her.

History
: She grew up in a small household with two brothers. Due to her background, she is up for fights and acts more like a man than a woman at times. This makes her father worried that she will never find a man to love her and might be stuck as being single forever. Her mother, who was an elf, died of sickness when she was ten. Her fathers stays in one of the outcasted Zanam communities with her two brothers and their little family shop and farm while she is out on the hunt for the ruby.

Reason they decide to join the quest: During the winter season, her family found out that her younger brother was infected with the same virus that her mother had. The cure for this certain virus is extremely expensive and even if they sold their house, farm and shop, it would not be enough to save his life. Therefore, when they announced the news about the Ruby, she knew many people would bid very high prices for it. If she were able to obtain the Ruby, she'd sell if off in hopes for enough money to save her brother from an ill-fated death.

Up for love: Hopefully, otherwise she'll be a loner forever! D:

Other: Bites her nails, which is the worst possible habit of hers. Her twin swords are like her children and she polishes, cleans, and sharpens them often.

Let me know if there's something remotely weird or needs tweaking. ^^
Last edited by Shearwater on Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:57 am
Threnody says...

Character Template

Name: Ari Mai

Race: Elf

Magic User or Non-Magic User: Magic User.
-Which element do they specialize in? (If Elf Magic User): Water
-Which weapon do they prefer to use?: A double bladed sword. He can also use this to channel his magic through. Aura magic to be more specific.

Appearance: Ari is very tall and quite imposing. He is from the North and therefore is broad and very tough. He is very pale with white blonde hair and iris's that are whiter than the whites of his eyes with black pinpricks on the iris. This naturally gives him a very scary appearance. He dresses very formally and regally. This includes a cape of polar bear pelt and other furs. His hair is shaggy and short but with a traditional braid hanging down the side. It's interwoven with polar bear teeth enchanted with push magic as water takes a fair amount of energy to harness
Personality: He's reserved and reflective. He chooses to live in the present and will never dwell on the past. He's sometimes ruled by emotions however and can become very aggressive. He hides behind a mask of complete composure. His mask seems impenetrable. Though you'll never know it at first when his emotions change, he lets it out using the subtlest of body language. Some of his closest friends are able to pick up on this. He is very deep and down to earth. He also appears to have no sense of humour whatsoever. Some people are wary of him but get to know him because if you have him on your side he shows unwavering loyalty and a very friendly side.

Likes: He likes people who can hold their own in a fight. He has respect for the human race, but kind of a cold respect. He loves horses and snow. He gets kind of misty eyes around snow. :) He likes the unknown and embraces it. He has great respect for the elven culture and is somewhat traditional.

Dislikes: He's not sure how he feels about Zanam. He dislikes the idea of mixing such a pure race with one of such... taint... like the human. He does not hold this against the Zanam themselves, it's certainly not their fault. He hates deserters and shady people.

History (optional): He is a breeder and trainer of Elven Horses in a populated town way up North. He has also intensively studied the wide spectrum of magic though he only masters Elemental. He is fairly decent at Aura magic but not good enough to apply it. His ancestors supplied many horses for battles and sieges earlier in history and he along with his brother and sister. They are very well known in many Elven circles and very well respected. Unlike a number of Elven business, he will sell to humans and zanam. Only select one's however. He is a very well connected elf and knows many things about the gem that others do not. He does not know the whereabouts and whatnot, but rather rumours and secrets about the kind of power it might hold.

Reason For Joining: He is young and reckless and appears to be along just for fun. This is definitely not so. He wants the gem back so that the power it holds can not be abused. He's afraid that anyone who finds it will use it's power for selfish, unjust, and/or darker purposes. It seems like quite a righteous reason... However, he could also be jealous of the power anyone who found it could have and would like to be that person. It's very unclear, but when he left his home up north, it was on impulse.

Up For Love: Yes
Last edited by Threnody on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

319 Reviews

Reviews: 319
Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:53 am
Jashael says...

First SB post! Here it goes... =))

Name: Avighal Ye'sheal

Race: Zanam

Magic User or Non-Magic User: N/A

Weapon: A sword and a knife.

Appearance: She has dark hair, which is never up, and light blue eyes. Her skin is pale, and she's 5'7" tall, making her look more like an elf. As for outfit, she usually wears a puffed-up, knee-length, white dress (which doesn't really bother her while fighting), black leggings and boots, and a gray shawl around her neck, which helps her to conceal her ears. She always has a sword on one of her shoulders, her violin casing on the other. A dagger is also strapped on her left thigh, but it's hidden by her dress.

Spoiler! :

Her outifit...

(kinda like this but with a shawl, and she always wears neutral colors, which means there are no red. The red part should probably be gray.)

Because of her height and her well-defined curves, she is thought of being in her twenties, but she's still very young (which is a secret, of course). And that fact makes it possible for her to be vulnerable to make mistakes and impetuous decisions, like having to lie up just keep her secret.

Personality: A bit prideful. (See reason below) But she isn't hostile. She goes on with the flow. Childish, playful, but know when to be serious--sometimes. Can be trusted rarely.

Likes: She likes playing the violin. Simply loves music. She also likes practicing her sword-fighting. Being a female Zanam (seemingly deprived of magic), she was urged by her mother to master how to use a sword as early as age three (her Uncle taught her). She also likes companion.

Dislikes: Those humans and elves who are discriminating the Zanams.

History: Avi lived with her mother--an elf. She doesn't know who her father is. The only things that she knows about him is that he was human, he had disappeared in the night when she was still an infant, and that he had loved her so much, that his vanishing had been the cause of having to see her daughter be cast away.

Avi did not accept everything her mother told her about her father, but at least she tried. She wished though that she had rather spent her first fifteen years with her whole family, than a broken one. But she had no control over what already had happened.

And so, the long winter of her fifteenth year had started and it was the month of Avi's birthday. She was turning sixteen and would be cast out of the city soon. Every night then she would linger by a nearby pond and play her violin, alone and usually crying.

One evening, the violin playing attracted a stranger, an elf. They talked and became aquainted to each other. Every night, the stranger, which she eventually found out was the King's youngest son Prince Duma, would stop by the pond and listen to her playing. Avi was happy to have a friend to talk to as her birthday came near.

Then, one night, Duma invited her to the castle to play the violin. Avi was thrilled and agreed to come. Duma was, of course, excited as well. He even told Avi that it would be such a lovely evening having an 'elf' play the violin so beautifully. The statement struck Avi. Only then did she notice that Duma still did not know she was a Zanam. She realized that her wearing a shawl far above her neck due to the starting coldness had been concealing her ears. But even when she had realized that she did not tell the young prince.

She played the violin in the castle.The King was much entertained that she was invited to play in the castle every evening. When the King asked her where she was from, she lied, saying she was an elf from the north.

She turned sixteen and had remained with her mother in the city. But the summer was approaching fast and she would soon be dropping her disguise. Hearing about the quest, she decided then that she, or another Zanam would bring back the Ruby and gain respect for the race. But being part of the quest meant having to be apart from Prince Duma and her mother, and having to face difficulties still beyond her capabilities, she supposed. She accepted the consequences and joined still.

Reason for quest *secret*: Humans had set for the quest to gain innocence, the elves as well; but this Zanam joined the search, not for innocence or the price, but to show eventually that Zanams must be treated like how humans and elves were treated. She'd strive to get the Ruby in a dream of bringing honor to her race; that maybe if she could get the Ruby, Zanams would never be again discriminated. But even if she herself could not grasp and bring back the ruby, she'd make sure a Zanam would, that is, she was ready to kill any human or elf who she'd sense are getting near the Ruby.

Other: She started falling in love with Prince Duma after knowing that Duma was against the Zanam law. She planned to tell Duma that she was a Zanam before she left for the quest (because he was not part of it), but somehow, she was still a bit afraid, so she kept it a secret between her mother and herself.

Up for love: Yes, but let's see if you get her attention away from Prince Duma. Of course, it might be actually easy. She's only infatuated with the prince, like duh... give her a rose and compliment her violin, she'll soon forget about the royal elf. LOL
Last edited by Jashael on Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:57 am, edited 5 times in total.
“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen:
not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”

—C.S. LEWIS

My SPOTIFY page
Facebook
Got a life?

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:24 am
Vampyre says...

Hi, I hope it's ok to make a post!

Name: Arodeth Lothwen

Race: Elf

Magic User or Non-Magic User: Magic User

Which element do they specialize in?: Water

Which weapon do they prefer to use?: Throwing knives, which she's extremely skilled with, due to her high agility levels.
Spoiler! :

She also has a pair of short swords, which she's fairly proficient with, more than a match for an elf, and can hold her own with an average human.
Spoiler! :

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She's polite and friendly, but will keep her distance unless you're a really good friend of hers. She doesn't trust easily, and you have to earn her respect; she won't hand it out freely. She has a very low opinion of cowards and deserters, and won't think twice about killing someone if needed. Very businesslike and efficient about killing - in fact, she was employed as an assassin before coming in search of the Ruby of Zoran. She has a neutral opinion of Zanam, and treats them the same as anyone, eg, they have to earn her trust and respect, she gives no one special treatment.

Likes: Her knives. She really, really, REALLY likes her knives. She had them forged specially to fit her hands and can store magic in them, which she does every day because of her age and the fact she has a very low Aura level. Also, courage, noble people, honesty, people who face up to their mistakes. Honour is very important to her

Dislikes: Anyone who treats people differently based on race, cowards, liars, thieves.

History (optional): She knows nothing of her history due to a head injury when she was 13, right after she discovered her magic and tried to do too big a spell, resulting in a month-long coma and loss of all memory. Her parents abandoned her while she was comatose so she doesn't know who they are.
She was brought up by a band of elves who taught her everything she knows. These elves travel around a lot, hiding from the Zurinians. As a result, she doesn't really have a town to call her home, which aids her in being a successful assassin - no one can ever find where she lives.
From the day she woke up from her coma and discovered what had happened, she threw herself into training for charging weapons with magic, and at age 17 she had her knives forged. She charges them with as much energy as she can spare every morning.
She became an assassin at 16, and was very successful; quick, efficient, and discreet. As a result, she's actually quite rich, though she doesn't show it off or flash her money around.

Reason they decide to join the quest: To bring honour to herself and her adopted family, and to discover the mysterious ruby she's heard so much about.

Up for love: Of course, if you'd be interested in a pairing, please PM me :)

Hope this is ok!
Last edited by Vampyre on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That night she drew her swan breath in a bed
Made soft with all her razor blades,
That kissed her wrists with the romance you lacked.
As the hands that you’d kissed now dealt the trades

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:25 am
ScarlettFire says...

I'm here. Profile coming soon.

Edit: Profile. Do tell me if the pic needs changing.

Name: Siofra Farland.

Race: Zanam.

Magic User or Non-Magic User (If Elf or Human): ---
-Which element do they specialize in? (If Elf Magic User): ---
-Which weapon do they prefer to use? (If Zanam, if any race Magic/ Non-Magic User): Her dagger, though she does also carry a short sword.

Appearance: Siofra has long, black hair, pale green-brown eyes and is about 5'9 in height. Her skin is pale and she is often seen wearing green clothing. She is slim and athletic and much stronger than she looks--she's often easily mistaken for human and weak. She can be ruthless on occasion. Also wears a hooded cloak, as seen below, and rarely seen wearing dresses of any kind--unless it's for some important and fancy thing.
Spoiler! :

Personality:Despite her somewhat hostile first impression, Siofra is actually kind, loving, caring, smart, determined, loyal and fierce, though sometimes easily distracted. She hates to see those she cares about hurt and can get really defensive if someone she likes is harmed, but be warned; if you start asking questions about her past, she’ll often shut down and just not talk if you bring up anything to do with her family, and if she doesn’t shut down, she’s get mad—really mad. And a mad Siofra is a rare sight. And although she’s talented, her downfalls are her short temper and those who try to pry into her past. She’s quiet and thoughtful more often than not and thinks a lot before speaking or doing something.

Likes/Dislikes: Siofra likes to plan things out, if she can, and dislikes when her plans are thoroughly screwed up by stupid mistakes. And she has made a few mistakes in the past, and dislikes when this is pointed out. She also hates being called helpless or a coward—it’s another downfall of hers.

History (optional): Grew up with her mother in the city until she was cast out at 15. No one knows where she went or where she's been for the last five years, but now she's returned to her mother. Her father is a very remarkable elf, according to her mother. Siofra knows nothing more about him.

Reason they decide to join the quest (if a secret reason to be revealed later, merely write *secret*): She's looking for her father, who happens to be an Elf, although she's told no one of this.

Up for love: Sure, why not.

Other: Weapons; a simple dagger and a short sword, both with plain black handles.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:35 pm
Sins says...

I'm excited to be doing a SB again! xD I've missed them...

Name: Xavier ap Ganthi (Zav-ier ap Gan-thi)

Race: Zanam

Which weapon do they prefer to use?:: He keeps a battered dagger that he's had since being a child in his over-shoulder bag.

Appearance: He looks more human than elf, which is something he likes. He looks like this picture under here, just maybe a little less airbrushed. I picked this guy 'cause I reckon he looks elfish. It's all in the jaw line...

Spoiler! :

He has wavy chestnut(ish) coloured hair and almost silver-blue eyes. He doesn't have an especially muscular frame, but isn't really skinny either. Average, I guess. He's rather tanned and likes having stubble on his face because he reckons it makes him look manlier.

Personality: A bit of an idiot... No offence to the guy. He just has no common sense. He never thinks before acting, so that can lead him into tricky situations. He's just as impulsive about what he says and he blurts out what he's thinking. Even though he is lacking in common sense, he's a really good guy. In fact, he really despises using weapons and the whole killing thing. He will only kill if it's the last resort, or if someone he cares about is in danger. Although this is true, he comes across to others as pretty cocky and arrogant because he wants them to believe that he is those things. Getting close to people means trouble.

Likes: Girls/Female Zanams/Female Elves/Female Humans. Basically, he likes females and he couldn't care less if they had three heads or no ankles. He likes people with a sense of humour, confident people, all kinds of bugs, clicking his tongue, getting dirty.

Dislikes: He has a bit of a dislike of elven men because of his past, but he tries not to show it. He hates arrogant people (Ironic considering that's how he comes across), getting close to others and situations that involve talking, especially about emotions.

History: Xavier has an elven father and had a human mother. His mother died after "accidentally" falling several times, resulting in many blows to the head. Xavier's father just "happened" to be the one to find her (You get the idea). This happened when Xavier was twelve, so from then on, he was left in the care of his elven father. Without his mother there, his father treated Xavier badly. He'd make him do all of the work in the house, remind him often that he's a freak (Zanam) and basically make life hell for him. This sparked his dislike of male elves. By the time Xavier turned fifteen, he'd had enough and left. From then on, he's lived mainly on the streets.

Reason they decide to join the quest: Secret. (A.K.A I can't come up with anything right now, so the secret thing may change)

Up for love: Yep. Why not?

Other: Whenever he's about to swear - which happens a lot - he replaces the end of the word with something different, turning it into one that isn't a curse.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

147 Reviews

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:35 pm
Tigersprite says...

Name: Aikan Dursil

Race: Human

Magic User or Non-Magic User: He is a magic-gifted, but does not normally use his magic.

-Which weapon do they prefer to use?: A broadsword, it's a family heirloom passed down for generations in his family.

Appearance:

Personality: He's quiet, a loner. But although he wouldn't actively seek out companionship, he's quite friendly if you talk to him.

Likes: Full moons. Tomes about magic techniques and history. He likes animals, and has a dog which he left behind in his family home upon joining the quest. However, he does have with him a wyvern (a small, fireless dragon--roughly the size of an owl) which hunts for him and delivers letters, its name is Kadum. He has a great interest in history, especially the time at which Humans first came from Gesta to Nirjia.

Kadum:

Dislikes: Those who discriminate against Zanam. Has an intense hatred of fire. He doesn't particularly like fighting, and won't kill unless he deems it absolutely necessary.

History: He was born into a noble family of swordsmen, but in his infancy it was discovered that he was magic-gifted. From then his father treated him with harshness, for he believed that the magic-gifted did not make good warriors. He also felt that magic tied Humans too closely with Elves, whom he detested. So Aikan was treated harshly from a young age. Because of his father, he never went to magic school and trained to be a swordsman instead, and though he was fairly good at this his father never admitted to it, instead calling his son weak.

He was discovered by one of the best swordsmen in Adiel when he was 15, and was apprenticed by him. In his apprenticeship, he made the acquaintance of Prince Laridail, who was also an apprentice of the swordsman, a supposed elf called Gusha. They soon became close friends, and despite the racial differences maintained this friendship when the apprenticeship ended five years later, after Gusha died. It was discovered that he was a Zanam instead of an elf, and some Human Sorcerers had attacked him in his home, burning him to death.

This made him sympathetic to Zanam; to this end he visited their communities outside Adiel. He became close to some Zanam, so close that most of the communities accepted him as one of them, and his father disowned him after discovering his activities, but Aikan had been given the family broadsword prior to this, and refused to relinquish it upon his disowning. He has lived in a Zanam community since.

Reason they decide to join the quest: For several reasons: because Laridail was once a friend of his, because he has a great interest in the Ruby in connection to its impact on the Human and Elven communities, and because he wants the reward of gold pieces. There is a Zanam girl he is interested in marrying; however, he does not have enough money to start a family.

Up for love: His heart is currently set with a Zanam girl, however, the journey may make him rethink the wisdom of this. So yes.

Other: He dislikes for Kadum to sit on the shoulder of another. He only allows it if he is close friends with the person.
Last edited by Tigersprite on Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:34 am
Vampyre says...

Are we waiting on anything, when can we start?
That night she drew her swan breath in a bed
Made soft with all her razor blades,
That kissed her wrists with the romance you lacked.
As the hands that you’d kissed now dealt the trades

147 Reviews

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:09 pm
Tigersprite says...

We're just waiting for the last three people who've reserved places to post. After that I'll post first, and anyone else who might want to join can PM me.
Nathan Leopold

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:29 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Name: Raksha Jezebel *She goes by Demon a lot of the time*
Race : Human
Magic User or Non-Magic User: Magic user
-Which weapon do they prefer to use?: An longsword her father made for her when she was 10.
Appearance She is one of those femme fatale characters she looks very sweet and innocent but once your challenge her to a fight expect to have your head handed to you. She has dark auborn hair down to her waist emerald green eyes pale skin with freckles on both her cheeks. She's 5'6 slim and curvy she is a lot stronger then she looks.
Personality: She is very kind sweet gentle very good sense of humor she is ver intelligent, calm, accepting she can be very blunt when she sets her mind on something she is very efficient and she refuses to stop until she achieves her goal when she loses her temper she gets quiet and radiates malice and anger and she will eventually snap.
Likes: Animals, fighting, magic, practicing magic, making friends and drawing.
Dislikes: Animal cruelty, and not having freedom.
Reason they decide to join the quest : She's doing this to prove something to her father that she is just as worthy for his love as a boy.
Up for love: Yes.
History: Her father was a blacksmith and her mother was a healer they had a very happy marriage and when she was born it was even happier. They are magic users and trained her. Her mother and her took walks in the forest and her mother taught her the healing qualities of the plants. One day her mother and her found a wounded wolf cub and took it home they nursed it back to health and gave it the option of leaving but it stayed. She trained and tamed him letting him keep his wild side as long as it is in check. Her father made her a longsword for her tenth birthday and he trained her until she was as good as any soldier with a lot of reluctance. Her father often lamented not having a son as well and the fact that she isn't the cooking and cleaning type and often will brood about her because she wasn't a boy. Before she set out on the quest her mother gave her her wedding ring and she wears it around her neck on a chain.
Other: She has a black wolf with silver eyes named Rayven.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

147 Reviews

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:47 am
Tigersprite says...

Still waiting for others to post their profiles, but regardless we will most likely start on the 5th.
Nathan Leopold

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:09 pm
Mazzi says...

Name: Vincent Knight (Often called Vince)

Magic User or Non-Magic User: He is a magic user.

Which weapon do they prefer to use?: Bow and Arrows

Appearance:

Personality: Vincent is hard headed and whitty, he can come up with an excellent comeback for people who are 'all mouth' as he describes them. He is very smart and knows many things but wishes to learn more, his curiousity sometimes gets the better of him and he can get into nasty situations which brings him to a bad outcome of been shouted at by his mother and father. He tries to stay alone from them at most times because he thinks they just don't understand him as a person.

Likes: Adventuring, he would go into unknown places for a week away from his parents to concentrate on what's happening and what he needs too do.

Dislikes: People who are lazy and stay in the box all the time. He thinks everyone should have their fair share of adventure in their life.

History: He grew up in a rich family and was brought up well.His mother possessing magic and his father knowing advanced hand to hand combat including strikes and grappling, Vincent was taught with the best of both worlds. He learnt magic and combat since he was 7 (he developed magic at an early age of 5) and was told stories of The Ruby of Zoran and the tension between Humans and Elves. He has met many elves on his adventures and thinks they are perfectly normal and there is no reason to hate them so much.

Reason they decide to join the quest: He believes that finding the Ruby and discovering who stole it could somehow unite Himans and Elves. He also wants to prove to his overprotective parents that he can look after himself. He soon finds himself wanting to find the Ruby himself and eventually goes out too find some other people who have the same goal as he does. To find The Ruby of Zoran. He realizes some people will be in it for the reward but that will just be a risk he will have to take to free the tension between Elf and Human kind.

Up for love: Yes.

Other: His close relationship with his parents has gradually broken down because of their overprotectiveness. He practices combat and magic while on his adventures.
Last edited by Mazzi on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:48 am, edited 6 times in total.
Tell the people Mazzi is here! To defend the defenseless! Befriend the friendless! And to defeat...the defeatless!

P.S and to love Lemurs!

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:10 am
jok101 says...

Name: Joshua Pastas

Magic user or non magic user: Non magic user

Which weapon to they prefer to use?:
269alexthegreatcombatswrd copy.jpg
269alexthegreatcombatswrd copy.jpg (14.08 KiB) Viewed 594 times
he also has a shield that he wears on his back. The shield has 'only human' engraved onto the interior of it.

Appearance:
100402-Bl resized-1.jpg
100402-Bl resized-1.jpg (42.23 KiB) Viewed 594 times
Thats him but not with that sword or those clothes. He often wears amour.

Personality: A leader and a hero, he has led many soldiers to victory against the odds, However he can be arrogrant. He's also quick to trust and can sometimes think to much for the greater good. His worst flaw though is easily his quest for a place in history. Though some would say his weakness for women in far more dangerous.

Likes: His sword, women, women and a good fight, he's always looking for a great opponent, whether its a game of wits or out on the battlefield.

Dislikes: Elven soldiers, defeat, dishonour, Hatred of Zanams

History: Joshua came from a middle class family in one of the most northern cities in Nirjia called Perdidit. From the early age of three he was trained how to use a sword and by the time he was thirteen could use a sword better than any one else in the city. The city burnt down, some say it was an angry human slave others say it was the pyromaniac son of elf duke who lived in the city, whoever started it everyone agrees it started in the dukes house, in the centre of the city, The King sent a small army of elves to help put out the fire and save the civilians but the army, when they got their, only saved the elves.The army then left the women, children and few remaining men, who had not died trying to put out the fire, to fend for themselves as the harsh winter set in. Joshua like most of the remenants of the city migrated southward to Gesta. Joshua and his two siblings, his brother Namil and his sister Fanel, were the only ones from his large family to make it to Gesta.

He and his siblings lived on the streets for a few months until a war with one of the souther most terroties of Gesta broke out. The kings soldiers came around asking for recruits to join the army. Joshua and his Brother Joined and promised to return to they're sister when they had made some money. Joshua got more training and while by the time his training was complete the war with the souther territory was over he and his brother stayed on as foot soldiers. After violence broke out in western terriotry of Gesta Joshua had a chance to prove himself, and he did, First to his captain, who made him second in command and then to the generals when as acting captain he led his squad of twenty men on a tear right through the the war torn territory. He was made a Captain in the army of Gesta and given a squad of twenty five elite soldiers to lead. Joshua led his troops and his brother through seven campaigns. However in his latest campaign his brother was injured and crippled. He brought his brother home bought him a nice house and made sure that his sister was happy with her new husband. He was twenty four when he returned to Nirjia. Since he returned he's been on a few quest and met quite a few people making a name for himself not just as a great leader but a fair hero. He is considered a hero by most because of his righteous acts e.g protecting a town from a group of fifty bandits by himself, Leading an attack on a community of Zanam that was starting to cause trouble for the people. However he is heralded,and feared, most because of his actions during his third campaign where he chose the greater good over his men. He was leading a large force against the an army from across the ocean, the army from across the ocean were human an extreamly racist towrds elves everyone in gesta knew that if they go to far inland they would meet an elf and cause a full out war with the elves. Joshua knew that he had to hold the line or hundred of thousands of people would die. The invading force was four time as large as Joshua's, Joshua saw this and could of retreated with out any body thinking ill of him for doing so but he knew what would happen if he let them pass and held the line at city on the shore. He and his army were locked in seige for a hundred days until back up arrived. Only a thousand men from his original attack force survived. He only has three regrets the first having a relation ship with a elf and her getting pregnant. The second not sparing the child a life of suffering by killing it. Because of this he has a respect for Zanams and often mentors those he meets. He dosen't know what happened to the child because he left but he dose know that he will probably never see him or her. The third regret he has is not retreating, before that battle he was simply a good leader, after it he was a hero. However he feels guilty because of all the men in his army who died and this is why he started doing such heroic things, he had always done them naturally but after the siege he went out of his way to do them, He dose heroic acts because he seeks redemption. He dose it so that he will not just go down in history as the man who got nineteen thousand men killed.

Reason for joining the quest: Glory,a place for his name in the history books and redemption.

Other: Is one of greatest sword master of the time and well known.

Up for love: Maybe.
Last edited by jok101 on Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ogres are like onions.
— Shrek