z

Young Writers Society

P.S. I Hate You(Contest entry)

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:41 pm
MiaParamore says...

I nervously wrapped a dark black strand of my hair around my slim, quivering finger. The very same finger which bore the sign that I was about to be married. I stole a glance at Peter, his tussled hair mounting on his head. He didn't from anywhere look what you could call nervous, though some worry lines were forming on his forehead, but that might have been the result of standing under the scorching sun. From under the brim of my hat, I tried to look all around-the gardens, a mixture of deep green like Peter's eyes and a pale, yet cheery green. The big leaning mansion stood right in front of me, and for a second I felt that it would lean down and crush me to death.
A small, frail lady opened up the door and for a second took me off swiping. Was she the mother? Mother of Peter? My future mother-in-law? If yes, she wasn't a bit what he had told me her to be. Neither was she tall nor pretty or looked rich from anywhere. The one thing which I don't know why, but had fixed itself inside my head was that Peter's mom had to be some snob. Even that the lady in front of me didn't look like.

"Hey, Bella," Peter extended his hands to embrace the old lady. The lady's hair was all white, except for some strands at the back, which only harnessed her looks. She wore a long cotton skirt with pink embroidery and an ill-fitting blouse. For the first time that I had stepped inside the gates, I felt a pleasure. At least, I was not going to be the worst dressed.
"Peter!" She beamed. She blinked once and patted Peter on his back while gave me a kind look. I returned back the gesture and bent forward to hug her. Her soft hands slid through my back as she patted me too.
"Mom's there? By the way, this is Esmeralda." He said squeezing me by my shoulders and glinting. A mischievous smile ran through his bleached face.
"Esmer, oh my! You're pretty, even though you're a Latina." She said, her hands sticking to her cheeks and eyes rolling. A waft of disgust washed on me-just because I was Mexican didn't mean I had to be ugly or something. In a world were terrorism is plaguing us, we need to stand up united, and not pin-point others or discriminate.
"Bella, how could you-" Peter cut me short as he bounced onto another topic. Intentionally.For the minutes that followed, he was joking, laughing and doing everything to let me drain out. He didn't want anyone of his family to know my feelings or brawl with me on the topic of 'race'. I stood there motionless, thinking again and again if what I was doing right. After Peter had told his mom about me, she had been all furious, refusing to pick up his calls for days. And after a week, on a windy rainy night, he told me reluctantly what his mother had to say about me. With a burst of anger, she had threatened Peter to remove him from her property's heir name if he went ahead to marry me. She had even called me some bad names, which I think won't be appropriate to announce. Peter was all in tears, but he promised that he'd never leave me for mere dollars of money. Just 5 billion, he had said, while I rolled my eyes in disbelief. Weeks after she didn't receive any calls from her son, she finally agreed, and had asked us to meet her. So here I was, walking into a life I had never lived.

We walked inside the mansion, good enough to be called a palace. The place was glittering with royalty. The tall ceiling, the white velvet like wall texture blended in with the smooth red bejeweled dots on the flat surface. The unusual silence did good to my heart and the anger on Bella was soon replaced by an insurgent fear of Peter's mom. Having an ex-supermodel as a mother-in-law wasn't going to be easy for me. Peter had assured me again and again that she was going to be nice and would like me. But more he assured, more I got the pangs in my stomach. My first love and would I lose him for being a middle class Latina?
A silence crept in along with the arrival of Peter's mom, Evelyn. As she walked down the stairs, the air was replaced by arrogance. Her tall stature walked elegantly down the stairs, holding tight the bar. Her purple gown caressed the marble stairs as she made her way towards us. Her bun was neatly made, with small bangs protruding out alongside.
That was her entry. And for her looks?
Time and pain had not wrinkled her face and the same sheen that it might have worn twenty years back was evident even now. The dark pink lipstick didn't do any harm to her calm face as it curved into a smile. Her lips quivered to an end forming a weird angle. I tried to smile, but watching her, made all my wants disappear into fear.
"Mom," Peter rushed to his mom and gave her a hug. Right now, she was facing me, her eyes scrutinizing me from head to toe. A current passed my spine and I shuddered for a second. I looked at her skin and then mine. Sure there wasn't much difference between us. She just looked like a cream layered cake and I looked like a red meaty sausage. Ready to be eaten. She wore a John Galliano maybe and I wore a gown I had brought from a flea market in India. I pushed my glance down and watched the soft velvet like pink gown I wore. It wasn't a bad bargain for a couple of rupees.
"Aye, so is she your Esmer, Peter?" She dropped her jaws, her eyeballs cycloning around the white of them. I didn't know how to to take her gesture as: she liked me or not? I simply curtsied as I had watched ladies from the last century doing on movies. The ex-supermodel gave out a hearty laugh, and when she noticed the three pairs of eyes glaring up at her, she closed her mouth.
"Ooh, I am sorry." She made a genuine smile. "But that....was sweet, Esmeralda." She completed.
I simply nodded. "Thanks!"
"Wow, I finally met her." She grinned.

Nibbling the end of the tiny coconut cookie, I tried to think over the several topics running on my head. First was to tell Evelyn, my going to b mother-in-law that my parents were happy for me. Secondly, they wanted to meet her. Thirdly? Gosh, I shouldv'e prepared a list. Bringing all the points neatly on side of my brain, I looked at my hostess. Her blonde hair twirled down the back of the sofa and she stared at me.
"Mrs. Cot, my parents would like to meet you," I calmly began.
Her face hardened like a cement wall and the smile she had been wearing, the fake one, started melting slowly. I bit my lip, thinking if the time was wrong to raise this subject. I looked over at Peter, who was looking at his mom. She slowly started breathing and managed to smile again. "Oh, yeah. When?"
"Let me see." I said, looking up at the ceiling and calculating the days it would take them to cross the Mexican borders."How 'bout four days?"
"That's too long. Can they come tomorrow?" She asked, looking a bit panicked. I wondered about the reason she could be fussing over.
"I am afraid," I replied.
"Why?" She literally rose her pitch while Bella and Peter joined me to be surprised.
"Because it would take Papa sometime to arrange for the tickets. Ma would have to send invitations to our relatives..." I literally started counting the number of items my parents would have to do on my fingertips.
Her nose cringed and she made a face similar to are-you-serious?
"They don't have money for an air ticket?" She looked flabbergasted, as if that was the most abnormal thing in world. Did she not know that some people couldn't even afford square meal a day? She should have checked her facts.
"No." I replied to her mouth, not ashamed of my parents' financial status.
"In that case, I'd have to send some money for their-"
"No way," I replied with dignity. I wan't shouting at her, but neither was I being shouldered down by her status.
"Why?" She immediately replied, sounding offended. Her eyes turned towards Peter, and she snarled.
"Because my parents aren't beggars."
"Come again."
"They won't accept it. Please, wait for four days." I looked down. I felt her eyes pricking my soul, as I kept on fidgeting with my fingers.
"No way! My best friend is leaving the town tomorrow evening and I won't let Peter marry some slum-dog Latina without consulting her." She barked, veiling down all the love she had shown in the beginning.
I was numb. I was seriously numb. I knew right then what it felt to be spat at. My sudden urge was to say something as bewildering, as shocking and as humiliating to Evelyn as she had said to me. But I couldn't think of anything. Fast, fast, fast, Esmer!I shouted in my head. What bad name you could call a lady with who had everything a girl could ask for? Nice home, well-educated and good-mannered son, a million dollars on her name? Everything except for...
"At least my dad would love my mom until he dies. Or she does." I said with a grimace. I could feel the slap I had greeted her with. She must have felt the same tantalizing, burning sensation on her cheek which I had moments ago endured.
"What do you mean?" Her nose flared, and she got up from her seat. Her cheeks were all red as if she had been slapped for real. I chuckled at the thought.
"I mean exactly what you're thinking of. Your husband didn't love you. So what good did your money give you?" I growled, not once regretting my words. I wasn't sure of what Peter was thinking, or whose side he would take. But this was certain;I won't marry him if he were to support her.
"Shut up!"Eve shouted at me, making the hair on my skin rise. "Get out of my property." She motioned me out, with her fingers shaking slightly. "I never wanted Peter to marry her. Never. And I won't let this happen."
This was my time to look at Peter. I wasn't going to ask him anything, his eyes would tell me all. But to my surprise, his head was hung low.
"Peter?" I asked, unsure if it was my voice I heard. I might have seemed desperate for him to hug me, to tell me what I did was right, to look at his mother and shout at her. But at the same time, I was determined in my thoughts.
"Peter, just tell this loser that she has no place in your heart, and in our property," Evelyn said.
"Property? Keep it with you for all the care I have in world. I don't want it." I replied, still unable to believe that she had taken me for a girl who would marry someone for...
"Stop it, mom!" He finally came out of the shell. He looked up at her, his face looking hurt. The smile marking his face since the morning has vaporised in the air just because of me and Evelyn. I swear I could have murdered her right there.
"WHAT?!" She asked in disbelief, silently asking Bella to bring her some ear drops, if such a thing were to exist.
"Madam, calm down." Bella for the first time intervened and came rushing to her madam's side. She held her by her arms and made her stunned mistress sit down on the sofa.
"No one calms down today. Mom, do you even realize what you said?" He raised his eyebrows, looking more hurt every passing second. "Es, you shouldn't have brought up that topic." He calmly said and I felt a bit ashamed. It wasn't just Evelyn I was insulting, but Peter and his dad, too. I felt silly then. "But you didn't leave her any option, did you?" He turned his eyes on his evil mother. "And remember, she's not marrying me for my wealth." He warned her, is face looking flooded with all the tears he had been wasting on this lady's stupidity.
"Stop it, Peter. I won't let you marry her. She's no good for you."
"She is." He was angrier than I had ever seen him.
"No!" His mother protested albeit knowing she had lost the battle.
"I am marrying her this month's end, and if you wanna come, then come. Or don't! Nobody can change or influence my decision." With that being said, he came to my side and held my arm, and we barged away.

Five days later maybe, the front door of the Cots' Mansion would have opened to receive a letter for the mansion's mistress. The evil lady would have started reading with her spectacles on secretly as she never let anyone know that she wore specs.
Dear Evelyn-the lady without a son.
How you've been? Oh, I guess not too quite well. I don't blame you, but your long tongue that has never learnt to roll itself inside its mouth.
Anyhow, I am grateful to you for creating a scene back at your home coz' Peter changed his mind about the date of the wedding. Earlier, he was planning on a year-end wedding, but now he can't wait to see me walk the aisle, so it's a November 9th wedding. I am sending the invitation, because we aren't taught bad manners here.
[i]Here's my photo wearing the gown I have chosen for my wedding. I was getting it altered. Did I just say altered? I think I did. Actually it's my mom's, which her mom's was. Confusing? Nah, don't bother, it's not something alien. I was just getting it altered. Boring work! But you'd have to love the way the white silk drapes over the cotton and the way the flowers stick themselves on the silk. Wonderful, isn't it?

Just watch yourself because you are gonna spend rest of your life with that Bella, the hag. Happy time living, and yeah don't hesitate to come to our wedding. I think we could make some space for some weirdos.

Lots and lots of hate,
Esmeralda-soon to be Mrs. Esmeralda Cot. x0x0x0x

P.S. I hate you.

Watching the sun burn down to the horizon, I draped my fingers around the silky lace curtains hanging down the bar. The window looked like a portrait of a beautiful scenery that God had painted with a lot of dedication. Withing minutes, the whole portrait was gushing with orange, red and golden rays, creating a spectrum equivalent to eye burning ultra-violent rays. I scrunched shut my eyes for a while, and waited impatiently in my new house for my husband to ring the bell and walk inside with a gait that also made me fall for him.
After sitting in the same pose for another five minutes or so I jumped up as the ring vibrated in the whole house. I almost tripped on my way as I ran towards the tall brass door. The door was creaked open by me and introduced me to a man wearing orange and navy blue uniform and carrying a rather heavy bag on his shoulder. He greeted me with a smile, and I did the same.
"Yeah?" I asked, a bit disappointed, though. He wasn't Peter. That was for sure.
"Mrs. Cot?" He asked, noticing me from head to toe. Before I could answer, he excavated a small parcel from his bag and handed it to me, while bringing forward a paper towards me. I saw my name scribbled on the right most corner and with the pen that he had given me I signed.
I took the parcel in my hands and shot him a smile as he turned back to go away. Disappointment still intact inside me, I lazily strolled to my sofa and took a seat. Although I was sad that Peter had not yet returned back from his work, but the new parcel had me a bit excited. Even if a bit.
Tearing the brown paper off from its edges, I was greeted with a pink card kept on top of a box, the box being a lighter pink. I pulled the card away from the tape's grasp and held it in my hand after I had kept the box on my side.
The card had a picture of roses of white, red and pink colour, with 'Happy Marriage Life' carved out in dark pink shade. A rush of excitement followed as I wondered who the sender could be. Most of the people who had been invited were present at the wedding, but I wasn't so sure.
As I flipped open the card, a neat writing presented the word From Mrs. Cot. Mrs. Cot, Mrs. Cot...Peter's mom?My mouth fell open as it was a huge surprise for me. I wanted the sting she had given me to come back and wanted to tear apart the card, but I couldn't. I was excited at the same time at the prospective of burying the hamlet with my mother-in-law. It would be good to have her here, or for us to visit her.
[i]Dear Esmer,

I am extremely sorry and I didn't mind a bit about you calling me a 'bitch'. Suits me, maybe! I wanted to come but typhoid got better of me, but I am sending a gift just for you.
Love,
Mother-in-law.

Butterflies fluttered in the pit of my stomach and for a second I wanted to jump around and do nothing but dance. Dance to the old Spanish song my mother used to play while cooking. But before all that, I wanted to see the gift because I couldn't believe me eyes-did she just send me a apology letter? I took the box into my hands to unravel its secrets. Slowly the box came to life and bam! I felt my nose on fire, the crackle of the bones the only voice to be heard for the next few seconds. Slowly the pain traveled down my upper lip and I felt myself fighting tears. A boxing glove has been there. I am saying the truth. What I had thought to be a wedding gift sure turned out to be a punching boxing glove which took the life out of me. As soon as I had opened up the box, a red soft material threw itself at me nose. I groaned in pain and after few seconds....I felt numb. I looked down on my dress being washed with the colour red.

"EVELYN!"I shouted, but I knew she would be sitting by the fire in her mansion picturing this scene and laughing with her midget, Bella. Her eyes would be a sparkling blue, twinkling as the fire projected its reflection on the eye's windows. They would have given each other a high-five. Giggled a bit.

But for me? Only whimpering...
Attachments
post_secret_bride.jpg
post_secret_bride.jpg (27.17 KiB) Viewed 420 times
Last edited by MiaParamore on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:59 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:19 am
seeminglymeaningless says...

Hi Shubhi, I hope I didn't get to this that late :/ I only just got on. Here to review as requested! :D

I stole a glance at Peter, his tussled hair mounting on his head.

This sounds weird, "mounting on his head". Did you mean, "mounted on his head"?

He didn't from anywhere look what you could call nervous, though some worry lines were forming on his forehead, but that might have been the result of standing under the scorching sun.

This whole sentence is strangely worded, perhaps: The only signs of nervousness he displayed were small worry lines creasing his forehead, but that may have been the result of the scorching sun.

A small, frail lady opened up the door and for a second took me off swiping.

What does that mean?

But the one thing which I don't know why, but had fixed itself inside my head was that Peter's mom had to be some snob. Even that the lady in front of me didn't look like.

These two sentences don't make sense.

"Hey, Bella," Peter winced and extended his hands to embrace the old lady.

Why would he wince?

The lady's hair was all white, except for some strands at the back, which only harnessed her looks.

I don't think the word you're looking for is "harnessed", perhaps "enhanced".

"Peter!" She beamed. She blinked once and patted Peter on his back while gave me a kind look. I returned back the gesture and bent forward to hug her. Her soft hands slid through my back as she patted me too.

Some small errors.

"Mom's there? By the way, this is Esmeralda." He said squeezing me by my shoulders and glinting. A mischievous smile ran through his bleached face.

Glinting? Bleached face?

A waft wave of disgust washed on me-just because I was a Latin of Spanish descent didn't mean I had to be ugly or something. And by the way, if she didn't know by now, we are always pretty.

"Bella, how could you-" Peter cut me short as he bounced onto another topic.

Esmeralda wasn't saying anything?

No wonder that h Having an ex-supermodel as a mother-in-law wasn't going to be easy for me.

But more he assured, more I got the pangs in my stomach. My first love and would I lose him for being a middle class Latina

You should read over your work to see if you've made silly omissions and strange sentences like these.

Her tall stature walked elegantly down the stairs, holding tight the bar.

:P So her tall stature walked down the stairs as she remained up the top?

Time and pain had not wrinkled her face anyhow in anyway and the same sheen that it might have worn twenty years back was evident even now.

English isn't your native language, is it?

The dark pink lipstick didn't do any harm to her placid face as it curved into a smile.

The word "placid" is usually used to describe something unpleasant.

She dropped her jaws, her eyeballs cycloning around the white of them. I didn't know how to to take her gesture as: she liked me or not?

... I don't understand/can't imagine what you're trying to describe.

Gosh, I shouldv'e prepared a list.

"Mrs. Cot, my parents would like to meet you," I calmly began.
Her face hardened like a cement wall and the smile she had been wearing, the fake one, started melting slowly. I bit my lip, thinking if the time was wrong to raise this subject. I looked over at Peter, who was looking at his mom. She slowly started breathing and managed to smile again. "Oh, yeah. When?"
"Let me see." I said, looking up at the ceiling and calculating the days it would take them to cross the Mexican borders."How 'bout four days?"
"That's too long. Can they come tomorrow?" She asked, looking a bit panicked. I wondered about the reason she could be fussing over.
"I am afraid," I replied.
"Why?" She literally rose her pitch while Bella and Peter joined me to be surprised.
"Because it would take Papa sometime to arrange for the tickets. Ma would have to send invitations to our relatives..." I literally started counting the number of items my parents would have to do on my fingertips.

This whole part seems dubious. It's the first time she's met her mother-in-law and now she wants to immediately introduce her whole family?

"Why?" She immediately replied, sounding offended. Her eyes turned towards Peter, and she snarled.

Why would she snarl at Peter? Why isn't Peter talking?

"Come again."

A rich lady would say, "Pardon me?"

"WHAT?!" She asked in disbelief, silently asking Bella to bring her some ear drops, if such a thing were to exist.

Red: please don't captialise words within dialogue. Also, only use one of those symbols - the question mark or the exclamation mark.
Green: Sudden point of view switch.

"No!" His mother protested albeit knowing she had lost the battle.

You don't need to spell it out to the reader :p

"I am marrying her this month's end, and if you wanna come, then come. Or don't! Nobody can change or influence my decision."

This doesn't happen in today's society. How long had they been together? It just doesn't sound right.

Dear sweet little Eve, the bitch!

[i]How you've been? Oh, I guess not too quite well. I don't blame you, but your long tongue that has never learnt to roll itself inside its mouth.

Anyhow, I am grateful to you for creating a scene back at your home coz' Peter changed his mind about the date of the wedding. Earlier, he was planning on a year-end wedding, but now he can't wait to see me walk the aisle, so it's a November 9th wedding. I am sending the invitation, because we aren't taught bad manners here.
Here's my photo wearing the gown I have chosen for my wedding. I was getting it altered. Did I just say altered? I think I did. Actually it's my mom's, which her mom's was. Confusing? Nah, don't bother, it's not something alien. I was just getting it altered. Boring work! But you'd have to love the way the white silk drapes over the cotton and the way the flowers tick themselves on the silk. Wonderful, isn't it?

Just watch yourself because you are gonna spend rest of your life with that Bella, the hag. Happy time living, and yeah don't hesitate to come to our wedding.

Lots and lots of hate,
Esmeralda-soon to be Mrs. Esmeralda Cot. x0x0x0x

P.S. I hate you.

That's awful and uncalled for. It just doesn't sit right and sounds ridiculous. No one would send a post card/invitation like that.

Although I was sad that Peter had not yet returned back from his work, but the new parcel had me a bit excited. Even if it was only a little bit.

Butterflies fluttered in the pit of my stomach and for a second I wanted to jump around and do nothing but dance. Dance to the old Spanish song my mother used to play while cooking. But before all that, I wanted to see the gift because I couldn't believe me eyes-did she just send me a letter apologizing? I took the box into my hands to unravel its secrets. Slowly the box came to life and bam! I felt my nose on fire, the crackle of the bones the only voice to be heard for the next few seconds. Slowly the pain traveled down my upper lip and I felt myself fighting tears. A boxing glove has been there. I am saying the truth. What I had thought to be a wedding gift sure turned out to be a punching boxing glove which took the life out of me. As soon as I had opened up the box, a red soft material threw itself at me nose. I groaned in pain and after few seconds....I felt numb. I looked down on my dress being washed with the colour red.

"EVELYN!"I shouted, but I knew she would be sitting by the fire in her mansion picturing this scene and laughing with her midget, Bella. They would have given each other a high-five.

I could just sit there and whimper...

lol, that was funny ending. It was kind of hard to tell exactly what happened, but I understood it.

So, overall, I didn't mind this story. The whole idea of a racist mother-in-law is cliché, but I've never read anything like your ending. Ever. Also, if I remember correctly, one of the rules for this competitions was no expletives (ie, no swear words).

I hope you do well for the contest! Please don't hesitate to reply to this thread with any queries or comments regarding my review.

- Jai
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:05 pm
borntobeawriter says...

My dear Daughter,

Sorry for the delay, I think my mind was taking a break from me yesterday.

Jai did an excellent job with the review, pointing out the mistakes.

I think Esmer reacted really strongly calling her mother-in-law a bitch. I completely get the feeling, but when you're in a relationship, you try to avoid making waves, causing trouble. For the sake of your mariage, and usually, to avoid any fights with your spouse. Of course, the mother is horrible but having Esmer act like the bigger person would have been better, I think. Have her throw out the letter, realising that causing war wasn't the answer. Or something.

But the ending was fitting. It was good and funny. It's a shame but Esmer got what she deserved for being so horrible.

I'm sorry I don't have much else to say but Jai really did a great review. Hope this helped.

Mom :D

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:29 pm
Idraax says...

"I tried to look all around-the gardens, a mixture of deep green like Peter's eyes and a pale, yet cheery green." Why is there a dash in this sentence?
"Was she the mother? Mother of Peter?" This is repetitive. I think you should just ask if the woman was Peter's mother.
Overall, this isn't bad. I think you should stretch the tension out between the family a bit more. To me this piece didn't seem to flow very well. It seemed to abrupt in some places, like Peter standing up for his fiancee. Also, it seemed to move too fast. I liked the tone of this piece and I think with a few minor edits, you are good to go! :)
Check these out please! :)
Alezrani
Will review for food thread

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:55 pm
Shearwater says...

Shubhi!
Here to review and look over your entry. I'm going to skip the nitpicking really since I know your writing and plus, Jai has pretty much plucked the fruit.
On to the review.

For your opener, I found that is lacked pull. It didn't pull me into the story as much as I wanted it to. Maybe, it's because you seemed to over do your description there slightly. I suggesting not fluffing that up and actually putting in some sparkling thought or something that makes us wonder or think, something that makes us want to continue. Also, considering what you've stated about Peter and his 'money' the description you placed for his Mother doesn't fit. If this grandma was filthy rich, I think she should have been described as those ladies who have botox and wear overly glamorous clothing with skirts and heels. An excessive use of powdered make-up and eyeliner to make them look younger.

Also, this mother in law is epically evil. I would have got up during that dinner scene and left. Why should this woman take this from her? Why does try so hard to be accepted by the mother and let her trample all over her like that? It makes me angry. =( But, I suppose she really must like this Peter guy. Taking Peter's character into the picture, I feel like you should have added some more relationship details between our Protagonist and him. Why do they like each other so much. What about him makes her head over heels that she would go as far as be verbally assaulted by his Mother? Just a suggestion, you don't necessarily have to give us a huge background story but a simple reason or two to make us believe in them a little more. Although, his backfire in the middle was good, I'd like to have seen a bit more. =)

As for the ending, it was completely surprising. I never expected the mother to actually go ahead and kill her. Also, you managed to avoid cliche with that one but I found to be a forced ending in a sort and the dark humor behind it was also slightly off-putting. But overall, it was a shocker so ten points for you. I did enjoy reading this and I think you did a pretty good job, Shubs.

Thanks for participating!
-Pink
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

Every time our next guest is here, all of our lives are seriously in danger.
— David Letterman