z

Young Writers Society

My Love of Nature

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:44 pm
dizzymisslizzy10 says...

Photography is my passion so tell me what you think! :)
Arizonaandgirlscoutstuff 008cropped.jpg
Arizona Mountain and Flowers
Arizonaandgirlscoutstuff 008cropped.jpg (206.42 KiB) Viewed 365 times

Arizonaandgirlscoutstuff 038 cropped.jpg
Arizona Sunset
Arizonaandgirlscoutstuff 038 cropped.jpg (160.52 KiB) Viewed 365 times

Arizonaandgirlscoutstuff 072cropped.jpg
Palm Trees with Fountain Water Reflection
Arizonaandgirlscoutstuff 072cropped.jpg (198.09 KiB) Viewed 365 times

Arizonaandgirlscoutstuff 087cropped.jpg
Cactus Flower
Arizonaandgirlscoutstuff 087cropped.jpg (210.46 KiB) Viewed 365 times

Marchspringishereyayprettyflowersandseattle! 019cropped.jpg
Church Steeple Sunset
Marchspringishereyayprettyflowersandseattle! 019cropped.jpg (209.2 KiB) Viewed 365 times

Marchspringishereyayprettyflowersandseattle! 021cropped.jpg
Victorian Style Light With Moon
Marchspringishereyayprettyflowersandseattle! 021cropped.jpg (215.81 KiB) Viewed 365 times

Marchspringishereyayprettyflowersandseattle! 059cropped.jpg
Valley Sunset
Marchspringishereyayprettyflowersandseattle! 059cropped.jpg (162.96 KiB) Viewed 365 times

Marchspringishereyayprettyflowersandseattle! 098cropped.jpg
Green Eyes in the Grass
Marchspringishereyayprettyflowersandseattle! 098cropped.jpg (232.93 KiB) Viewed 365 times

Marchspringishereyayprettyflowersandseattle! 190cropped.jpg
Blue Sky Space Needle
Marchspringishereyayprettyflowersandseattle! 190cropped.jpg (226.33 KiB) Viewed 365 times

Marchspringishereyayprettyflowersandseattle! 212cropped.jpg
Powered Up Seattle Sunset
Marchspringishereyayprettyflowersandseattle! 212cropped.jpg (192.41 KiB) Viewed 365 times
Bravery is not the absence of fear, but the will to conquer it knowingly.

150 Reviews

Reviews: 150
Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:02 am
irishfire says...

HEY! Velcome to VWS my child! Morgan pressured me into this review. xDD Kidding, I was already going to because you kick ass. ^^(Seriously though, she has a gun to my head) (Again, I'm kidding xD)

OK! SO! I'VE NEVER REALLY DONE PHOTOGRAPHY BEFORE SO THEY MAY BE NO HELP AT ALL BUT BEAR WITH ME HERE :D AND WE'LL GET THROUGH IT TOGETHER! CALM DOWN WOMAN! ...What? ...I'm the one who's yelling? ...Sorry...>.> <.<

Picture #1:
So, I found this one to be sort've bland. There's no real center focus, and the light is a little iffy.

Picture #2:
Ok, personally, I love this. The light is gorgeous; the color is breath-taking, and just because of this picture I want you to be my new best friend ;)

Picture #3:
Again, this is sorta bland. No center focus, but the light, I love. The homey feel it has to it is really nice and I love how the white on the trees and the pavement, and buildings all sort've highlight it in a way...Iz pretteh.

Picture #4:
Even though the color of this blinded me for a minute and I couldn't find the "enter" key for a minute (kidding again) I love the color! My mom loves flowers like this and I've seen alot of colors but none as vibrant as that! I love the angle as well. Great :)

Picture #5:
This picture, the way the light is, looks like it might be a painting! Its cool lookin :D But again, no center focus.

Picture #6:
This picture was my least favorite, mostly because I don't like the lamp. Iz kinda fugly. *shrugs*

Picture #7:
Again, no center focus. But the color is fantastic! Do you travel alot?

Picture #8:
Gorgeous cat! He's cute ^^

Picture #9:
I love the color of the sky here. Even though the space needle is partically obscerued by a building, it's really cool looking.

Picture #10:
Again, color is beautiful! I love the way the sun is shining through the power cords. :) It's really peaceful and for some reason reminds me of the Old West...*werido*

Overall:
I think you have alot of talent! :D These were all great photos and you have some really good topics. I really can't wait to see more from you! One thing's for sure: Morgan found a keeper ;)

One thing: When I say center focus, I mean one thing in the picture someone can focus on. (I may be off... like I said, never really reviewed photography...)

Keep up the fantastic work!

- Irish :superman:

P.S If you ever need another review, don't be shy to ask. :)
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Robert McCloskey

Teacher: What do we, in the U.S enjoy from places like Mexico?
Student: Wait, legally?

WARNING: This user carries a spatula.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:19 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

Hey Lizzy, you know who I am, but I need to put in my introduction anyways! So, let's try again.

Hey Lizzy, Crocky here!

As you know I like all of these, since, you know, I was reading over your shoulder when you posted these, but ANYWAYS...

ON TO THE REVIEW!

1.) I really like this one. I love how the pink in the flowers contrasts with the rest of the photo. It really makes them stand out. I think the dead twigs and building in the background; it makes it unique.

2.) This one's my absolute favorite out of all of these. The colors are amazing, and I like how the sun isn't in the exact center of the photo.

3.) Ooh, purty. I love how the sky goes from azure to really light pink. I think it'd look better if there were either no people, or more people on the path though. I really like the reflection in the water too.

4.) I think this one's beautiful. Reminds me of a mural or a painting or something. It's absolutely stunning.

5.) This one's really pretty. If you had gotten to it earlier in the day when it was lighter I think it would've looked better though. Also, it looks a little grainy, but I like it that way.

6.) This one's really good. I like the angle and the phase the moon was in when you took this. Only thing I see here is a little light spot near the lower right corner that I think you should edit out.

7.) I LOVE THE COLORS ON THIS. OoO It's amazing. I think you should show more of the ground though, (so uncrop it :P), but other than that, purty.

8.) Your kitty's beautiful. If I were you I'd photoshop this and brighten up the color of the grass and in his eyes, making it more definable, you know?

9.) This one's my second favorite. I love the angle you got, AND THE BLUE SKYE. (For those of you that don't know, Seattle only gets pure blue sky for thirty seconds out of the year). I also like how the building's in the corner. Unlike my friend above, I think it makes it unique.

10.) This one's loverly. :D Colors are amazing, and I really like the angle. Only thing I'd do would be tear down that lamppost, but I believe that's considered vandalism, and being thrown in jail just to get a picture isn't really worth it, wouldn't you agree?

All-in-all, they're amazing, you're amazing, and I want you to keep taking pictures.

Happy YWSing!

~Gsp.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:24 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Phoenix lands to review

1.Okay the first one is okay. I like how you see the mountains over the flowers. It's a nice contrast but the problem with is that neither of them are focused on enough. I'm not sure which one to look at.

2. It's a nice picture of sunset. There isn't much to say about it. It's pretty but predictable.

3. I think this may be my least favorite. There really doesn't seem to be a point to it. Palm trees are nice and the way the sky blends together is nice but again I see no focus. The pond is nice too but still no focus.

4.This is one of my favorites. The colors is vibrant and the closeness allows one to pick up on a lot of details.

5. This one is just dark and fuzzy.

6.This is my absolute favorite. The angle is perfect and the moon looks so nice as does the sky.

7.Again another example of a sunset shot. Pretty of course but not that interesting.

8. A like that cat. It's green eyes contrasts nicely with it's fur and it's fur contrasts with the green grass.

9 It's a nice picture. I don't have much to say about it.

10. This is the best of the the sunset shots. I like how the power lines break it up and I like the the glow of the sun.

Phoenix flies away
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:41 am
phantom of the potter says...

Hi there! You've got a great batch of pictures here!

1) I really like this picture. It is very bright and the flowers pop out really nicely. I think I am the only one who mentioned this, but I really like the like adobe-looking building in the corner. It really makes it feel desert-y to me.

2) Again, this is a really nice picture. There is a bit of noise because of the lighting (the inside of the mountain gets fuzzy) and the mountain could be more in focus. I think I would like this picture more if I could see detail on the mountain.

3) This picture is somewhat blah to me. If you played with the angles a little, though, I think it could be better. Or you could crop into a fun detail.

4) I like this picture, but the saturation is up way too high for me to go "OOH!" for. I definitely see where you were going, but I'd be curious to see the picture before the editing.

5) I think this shot has a lot of potential if the lighting was better. Again, that nasty noise-fuzzy happened, and it detracts from the overall shot.

6) Angles like that are really hard to pull off, I think. You almost have an angle there that I think would look nice, but it isn't quite where it should be. I really like the idea of having the moon behind your focal point, thought. In an odd way, though, I think the noise-fuzzies kind of work in this picture.

7) This picture is one of my favorites. The colors are amazing! The only thing I could say would be to try and straighten out the horizon a little. It distracts me.

8) This is a cool shot. Cats are hard to photograph without their fur becoming shiny, so I congratulate you. The thing about this picture that drew my attention was the fact that the cat's eyes are almost identical to the color of the grass. If there was a way you could exaggerate that similarity a little more, this shot could become even more awesome.

9) I love this. I can't think of much you could have done to make this better.

10) This is my favorites of your sunset-shots. The street lamp in the left hand part of the picture is slightly distracting, but I love the fact that the power lines fade out when they cross the sun. Well done!

You have some awesome pictures here! One thing I noticed is that you are really good at pulling together a color-scheme for your pictures. This makes for great-looking photos, so good for you!
"The grasshopper!... Mind the grasshopper!... A grasshopper not only turns, it hops!... It hops!... And it hops jolly high!" ~Erik, The Phantom of the Opera

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:13 am
TalaPaulwic says...

Hello there. I'm not really into photography, but my father is amazing at it. So I'm basically going to compare your work to hiss, and do my best. From tagging along with him to shoots I've got a rough understanding of how it works.

1.)
Alright. This is a nice simple shot. The flowers look nice. Everything's in focus, and there's a yellow-ish light to it all. It goes for a more natural looking piece. However the building in the background is too square to go with the natural look of the shot. On one hand it looks like it's this perfect natural thing, and then you have an industrial building in the shot and it simply confuses and pretty much ruins the shot.

2.)
The golden sunset over the mountains that are completely covered in shadow. You didn't do great with this, but it wasn't bad at the same time. However when I look at this I can't help but think; "I've never seen this shot before". Then I get a headache for thinking in so much sarcasm.

3.)
I like the colors in the background. I love that naturally occurring gradient sort of deal. Other then that there's really nothing going for the shot. Again it's nothing really original, and so unless there's something spectacular about it all I can do is shrug it off.

4.)
Ow. This is really bright, and the colors are of low quality resolution. I can see that there is a nice shot under all this blinding light, but I can't look at it long enough to see that lovely shot under it all.

5.)
This is by far my favorite shot. Churches give the impression of all things good and that sort of thing. This lighting and the looking at it from the bushes or having a tree in the shot gives it an evil sort of outlook, and defies that first impression.

6.)
This may as well have been put together using photoshop. No offense, but I take pride in being brutally honest, and this shot sucks.

7.)
Oh wow! Just look at all those colors. Very amazing! I love this shot. Again it's pretty much a photography cliche, but it's really pretty.

8.)
Anything with your pet cat I really can't take too seriously as a piece of artwork. Anyways, that cat doesn't show enough emotion for the shot.

9.)
Wow. The lighting in this is just amazing. It's that sort of retro science fiction. I look at the space needle very often, so I don't really enjoy looking at it more. The colors are just lovely. Everything has a blue tint where it's not tinted yellow in the sunlight. How did you catch this with blue skies?! It's Seattle for goodness sakes.

10.)
Oh great. Another sunset shot. The foreground is pure black, and it's the sun going over some mountains. How many times have we seen this shot just in this ten shot series? About three? So just imagine how common it is everywhere else.

Alright. That's all I've got. I'm not a nice reviewer, I'm sorry. I'm not a grammar nazi either, so I'm not too bad I hope.

There are some things I saw that were all the same throughout the 10 shot collection, so I'm going to cover that here instead of ten times over and over again.
You did this with a digital camera didn't you?
You can't get a high quality shot with digital unless you get those thousand dollar cameras and even then the resolution isn't that great. Digital is the sign of just cheap artists. Anyone can snap a picture with a digital and say "hey I made art". Odds are when that happens people'll oo and aa over it because they don't know better.

Alright. I'm done now.
I LOVE YOU DIZZY MISS LIZZY!
All I can hear; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". Even those tears; "I me mine, I me mine, I me mine". No one's frightened of playing it. Everyone's saying it. Flowing more freely than wine. All through your life; "I me mine".

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:10 am
CaptianRandom says...

Hi dizzymisslizzy10, CaptianRandom here,
i loved these photos, they captured where you are and the amazing nature around you, it looks like you had good weather and these photos are amazing and i hope to see more of your pictures.

-CaptianRandom
"Do not allow people to dim your shine because they are blinded. Tell them to put on some sunglasses"

"I don't want my whole life to be real, so i chose for it not to be"

"You have to not care about the goal, you hgave to love the process"
- All from Lady GaGa

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:32 pm
View Likes
BondGirl007 says...

Hey Lizzy! So I'm not going to read any of the other reviews so forgive me if I say stuff that's been said before :).

1- This one I'm not really a big fan of, it doesn't really have a main focus point, the background is blurry and quite grainy. Try different angles, and remember...the background isn't just a background, it's part of the picture.

2- This one again, is kind of bland. It has a focal point, but it's kind of too small to really be enough to make up for the lack of really anything in the rest of the picture.

3- Well again it's a little bland, it just sort of looks like something you took while sitting in the park. The background is a little crowded and there are people walking in the frame which take away from any kind of professional feel.

4- So this one has a definite focus (Yay!) The colors are nice, I like the angle, and the only nitpick I have is the subject. People take millions upon millions of pictures of flowers, next time try something more obscure.

5- Really didn't like this one, it's grainy, dark, and just isn't all that great.

6- This one I thought was kind of cool, it had an interesting subject, and the colors work well together. The angle though is kind of strange.

7- Blahh, another sunset. Unless you get a really really good picture of a sunrise/sunset, like you look at it and are stunned by it's magnificence, most of the time sunset pictures are pretty overdone.

8- This one I think is the best out of all of these, one thing I would do though is edit this so that that strip of brown at the top, the lower right side, are more green colored. I think that would make it amazing.

9- This is my second favorite of your pictures, it's got a good kind of color scheme, the angle is pretty cool, and the subject is kind of funky, good job :D.

10- Bleh, sunset. This one is probably the best out of all of the sunset ones though.

So number one thing I would say work on is your colors and lighting, also what kind of camera are you using?

Good luck!

~Hope
"I'd rather be hated for being who I am, then loved for who I'm not."

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:59 am
TheReader22 says...

WOW! I really LOVE all your pictures! I'd have to say that my favourite is the seventh one, it's such a stunning sight :) I also love the third one, it's simple but beautiful! Awesome job :)

He who knows only his own generation remains forever a child.
— Cicero