z

Young Writers Society

The Day before the war began fanfic.

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:22 am
Apple says...

This fanficiton story is for a school assignment. You have to read “The day before the war began” and write a short story using one theme and character from the book. I do really need reviews for this and it would be gladly appreciated! So please review I really need it! Please don't make me grovel! :o

The Day before the war began fanfic.

Filling my lungs with a gulp of icy air, I forced my sore muscles to move under the strain of depravation of food and sleep. I rushed towards the Ferris wheel, the sound of guard’s rampant shouts following in my wake.

I could see the bright fire lights, as it began to grow before me. Robyn you’re nearly there; you’re going to make it! The sound of a bullet breaking through the barrel of the gun snapped me out of my thoughts. My knees buckled out from underneath me in fear. I crashed to the cold hard gravel ground in a lifeless heap.

I heard a chorus of cheers, my heart beating frantically. A shadow covered my wounded body with a heavy shadow. I looked up to see a guard looming over me. A sinister smile glued to his wretched face.

“Stupid girl!” The soldier raised his gun. A shaft of the moons light glinted across the steel of a bayonet pointed at my swollen heart.

The soldier laughed, his brash voice echoing in my ears. Covering my eyes with my hands I awaited the cold sharp pain of death to entomb around me. This was it. After all the hard work, after all this time…surviving!

I felt icy hands wrap around my wrists. Was this deaths grip pulling me up into the great beyond? I felt a sudden tug and pain of being dragged along sharp gravel, carving into my bare flesh.

I opened my eye expecting to see a wave of long blonde hair covering an angelic face. Instead, deep green eyes stared frantically back at me.
“Oh come on, get up!” The boy looming over me screamed in my ears. I felt my body begin to move without me. Stumbling to my feet, the sudden rain of bullets came shooting above me.

I screamed out covering my ears with my hands. “No! Just run!” The boy grabbed at my elbow forcing me into a run. I collapsed onto him crying out in pain as I placed my weight onto my wounded leg.

“I can’t run!” I shouted over the loud screams and wild bullet shrieks. The boy sighed, frustrated. Pulling me up onto his back he darted out from behind a green and white tent, his blood red hair glinting in the lights of the Ferris wheel.

I closed my eyes and pressed my face into his sweat sodden shirt. I was going to die, why was he even helping me? I could hear the soft rumbling of a motor a few metres in front of me.

The boy pulled me off of his back and threw me roughly into the passenger seat. He jumped in after me cursing in an alien language.

“What are you doing?” I asked, pain coaxing my words. The boy ignored me, pressing his foot onto the ignition the jeep jumped forward speeding away from the enemy soldiers following on our tail.

The boy forced the driving wheel to the left, the wheels responded with a large screech throwing the car in the opposite direction. Soldiers crashed out of the colour filled tents firing wildly at the jeep.

I screamed as the jeep took another abrupt turn, my brown hair whipping at my face.
“Slow down!” I screamed in fright as my stomach jumped around my insides.
“Stop!” A voice screamed out towards me. Lifting my eyes I saw a soldier run out frantically into the middle of the dirt road. He raised a pistol at the jeep, pointing it at the thick rubber tyres.

“Stop, stop!” I screamed as the jeep headed towards the old man. The main closed one of his eyes aiming at me. I screamed out readying to throw myself out of the jeep.
“No, don’t.” The boy hissed. He forced his foot even harder on to the ignition. The jeep jumped in resistance the motor screeching for the ignition to be released.

He fired. The bullet crashed through the windscreen sending shards of glass flying in every direction. Covering my head with my hands I screamed out as my skin began to cut from the rain of glass. The man holding the gun screamed as the jeep advanced on him. Throwing himself out of the way the jeep rushed past him heading for the exit.

Crashing through the barb wire fence, the jeep flew out dragging the fence with it. The sound of more strained engines coming towards us echoed through the deathly silent night. I felt a drop of blood land on my hand, I looked up too see the boy touching my forehead.

“Who are you?” I asked, as he brushed away more clots of blood forming on my head.
“Blaire Layton” He said in a husky voice, “The general’s son”.
Last edited by Apple on Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I spy!

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:25 am
whatevr says...

Filling my lungs with a gulp of icy air, I forced my sore muscles to move under the strain of depravation of food and sleep. I rushed towards the Ferris wheel, the sound of guard’s rampant shouts following in my wake. Great sentence, Apple :)

I could see the bright fire lights, as it began to grow before me.
Robyn you’re nearly there; you’re going to make it! The sound of a bullet breaking through the barrel of the gun snapped me out of my thoughts. My knees buckled out from underneath me in fear. I crashed to the cold hard gravel ground in a lifeless heap.

I heard a chorus of cheers, my heart beating frantically. A shadow covered my wounded body with a heavy shadow. Are you sure a shadow covered you with a shadow? Masybe a figure covered me with a shadow or something. I looked up to see a guard looming over me. A sinister smile glued to his wretched face.

“Stupid girl!” The soldier raised his gun. A shaft of the moons light glinted across the steel of a bayonet pointed at my swollen heart.

The soldier laughed, his brash voice echoing in my ears. Covering my eyes with my hands I awaited the cold sharp pain of death to entomb around me. This was it. After all the hard work, after all this time…surviving!

I felt icy hands wrap around my wrists. Was this deaths grip pulling me up into the great beyond? I felt a sudden tug and pain of being dragged along sharp gravel, carving into my bare flesh.

I opened my eyes expecting to see a wave of long blonde hair covering an angelic face. Instead, deep green eyes stared frantically back at me.

“Come on, get up!”When you put the 'Oh' it makes him sound like he thinks the girl is pathetic, unless you want it to seem this way. The boy looming over me screamed in my ears. I felt my body begin to move without me. Stumbling to my feet, the sudden rain of bullets came shooting above me.

I screamed out covering my ears with my hands. “No! Just run!” The boy grabbed at my elbow forcing me into a run. I collapsed onto him crying out in pain as I placed my weight onto my wounded leg.

“I can’t run!” I shouted over the loud screams and wild bullet shrieks. The boy sighed, frustrated. Pulling me up onto his back he darted out from behind a green and white tent, his blood red hair glinting in the lights of the Ferris wheel. This is historical, true? So unless he dyed his hair blood red, I don't think he'd have that colour. I don't really know how else to describe him but...

I closed my eyes and pressed my face into his sweat sodden shirt. I was going to die, why was he even helping me? I could hear the soft rumbling of a motor a few metres in front of me.

The boy pulled me off of his back and threw me roughly into the passenger seat. He jumped in after me cursing in an alien language.

“What are you doing?” I asked, pain coaxing my words. The boy ignored me, pressing his foot onto the ignition The ignition is where the key goes. The word for it is the 'accelerator'. the jeep jumped forward speeding away from the enemy soldiers following on our tail.

The boy forced the driving wheel to the left, the wheels responded with a large screech throwing the car in the opposite direction. Soldiers crashed out of the colour filled tents firing wildly at the jeep.

I screamed as the jeep took another abrupt turn, my brown hair whipping at my face.

“Slow down!” I screamed in fright as my stomach jumped around my insides. Awesome personification.

“Stop!” A voice screamed out towards me. Lifting my eyes I saw a soldier run out frantically into the middle of the dirt road. He raised a pistol at the jeep, pointing it at the thick rubber tyres.

“Stop, stop!” I screamed as the jeep headed towards the old man. The main closed one of his eyes aiming at me. I screamed out readying to throw myself out of the jeep.

“No, don’t.” The boy hissed. He forced his foot even harder on to the ignition. The jeep jumped in resistance the motor screeching for the ignition accelerator to be released.

He fired. The bullet crashed through the windscreen sending shards of glass flying in every direction. Covering my head with my hands I screamed out as my skin began to cut from the rain of glass. The man holding the gun screamed as the jeep advanced on him. Throwing himself out of the way the jeep rushed past him heading for the exit.

Crashing through the barb wire fence, the jeep flew out dragging the fence with it. The sound of more strained engines coming towards us echoed through the deathly silent night. I felt a drop of blood land on my hand, I looked up too see the boy touching my forehead.

“Who are you?” I asked, as he brushed away more clots of blood forming on my head.

“Blaire Layton” He said in a husky voice, “The general’s son”.

Really good apple, i like the idea. Buuuuut I don't really know whats going onn...

Kudos

Biffle
Literally whatevr

199 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:30 am
Apple says...

You have to read the book to get it! Thanks anway, I'll fix up the mistakes.

Haha I said ignotion instead of accelerator! :D
I spy!

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:32 am
whatevr says...

Also, could you remove it from the spoiler? I couldn't read a part of it...
Literally whatevr

199 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:36 am
Apple says...

Done!
I spy!

If you can't get out of your comfort zone, you'll never find what you're looking for. Don't make things quick and easy to feel better short term. Make a change and then you'll feel better longer term.
— Frinderman