Keep drawing/writing!

Smexx

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:20 am
icanbefixed says...

*Gasp!*

I love it!
Do you have more like this? If so, PM me when you post it! Because it's scrumdiddlyumptious!

Okay. I think that detailing was good, it's one of those pieces you look at and then take a double take. That's good, it makes the viewer analyze it the second time.

I don't really have anything to say since it's pretty good, and I'm not one for reviewing art, so I say g'night, ma'am.

Love,
Fixed
:smt027
The hardest mountain to climb will have the greatest view. Everything at a different angle: memories serve as double vision, a view from the valleys as well as the precipice. But everything that goes up must come down.The descent from the peak will be twice as graceful & three times as difficult

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:23 pm
Mizzle says...

Hi, Sarah! Saw you were looking for reviews! :) So I came.
I don't quite like the first one--it's just off to me. Like, I see everyone else liked it, but I didn't. It doesn't look like he's actually holding that object, his hands aren't clasped or anything.
But my, oh, my do I love the second one. Dude, it's so out there--and awesome. I'd hang it on my wall. Though, I'm pretty sure when the neighbor's came over they might think I'm weird.
But I love, love, love, love, love this! Especially the rose <3.
Now, I must be off. To figure out who "H" is. Like, now. 'Cause I hate mysteries. They annoy the frick out of me. In that way, though, I love them.
So thank you for the chance to see this beautiful drawings and the mystery! Toodles!
-Mizz
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:56 pm
Flower~Child says...

Like Mizzle I don't like the first one I like the second one a lot though. If you want advise on how to fix the first one pm me and let me know.

-Flower-
My reality comes to a close as I once again realize that you don't love me, and even if I love you with my everything you will never care.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:05 pm
Sins says...

Hey Sarah :)

I really like these! When I saw your first one, I thought that it was quite good. But when I saw the second one, I was really impressed! Well done!

Like Mizzle said, I adore the rose that the skeleton's holding in the second one. I love the detail you've put into it, especially the flower head. (I don't think it's actually called that, but yeah... you know what I mean)

I really love how detailed the top of your first drawing is. The only slight problem I have is the bottom of it, the body. You've detailed the head and the arm very well, the bottom half of the skeleton seems to lack it though. All you need to do is look at a photo of a skeleton, and see what the body actually looks like.

Overall, I thought that these were really good! Especially the second one. All that you need to do is detail the body of the first one a bit better, and you'll have two really great drawings here!

Keep drawing, :wink:

xoxo Skins

Edit: Like Knightley said, well done! You've been featured on the index page! It's a good feeling! My stuff is up there too. We're feature buddies :wink:
Last edited by Sins on Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:23 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

Hi Sarah! I'm here to review.

First one: I'm not a huge fan of this, to be brutally honest. As a whole, it's just off to me. I'm not sure what you were trying to convey, or even what the concept behind it was; it's very vague and somewhat awkward. :/

Second one: A great improvement from the first, I have to say! The way you drew his cloak billowing gives the drawing action, and I immediately thought he was "going forth." It may have been your intention or it might not have been, but either way it works. :D

My only suggestion for this would be...the hands. Since they're so small in comparison to the rest of his body and you're using ink (I believe?), try and define them a tad more. As they are, I can't see much of the detail that might have stood out otherwise. One way to do this would be to use either pencils (they make ones specifically for this purpose) or pastels, my personal favorite. Pastels allow you to mix different colors together easily and then fade the edges so that your drawing comes out seamless and brilliant (color-wise ;) ). If you used either, though, it would be great!

Anyways, I think that's it! Thanks for posting your work, and I hope to see you around some more! If you have any questions or would like another review, please don't hesitate to ask! I'm glad to help.

-Knightley

EDIT: You got featured on the main page! :D
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:43 am
MiaParamore says...

Hi. I am here as requested by Kitty. Your first drawing that of a skeleton wasn't so nicely done. I liked his bony hands and the head part but the lower part is in serious need of help. His arms kind of look a chaos. The double pen marks makes my attention get away from it. What was the red thing?
Now your second picture. I have no words. That's so cool and beautiful. It looked complete and neat. I liked the robe and specially the rose. Such a nice idea.

OVERALL: You have definitely got some talent. I truly loved the second one.
BEst of Luck! PM me when you post soem more.
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

Random avatar

Reviews: 23
Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:52 pm
SophieSays says...

Hi, I am Sophie - here to review, as requested! I am not really sure how I feel about the first one - it's definitely well drawn, the hand in particular. There's something about it that makes me a little uneasy! :D The second one is also very good, just because it looks more like a skeleton than the first one, like you put more effort into it? I think the lack of detail at the bottom of the first picture makes me think that the second one is a bit more 'polished'. The first looks sort of half human/half skeleton. Anyway, I think I am beginning to ramble, so I'll stop. You have a lovely drawing style. Please let me know when you post some more stuff.
Sophie
If you would like a review, please visit my review shop: topic61400.html :)

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:40 am
emmylou1995 says...

Okay, I liked your drawings, even though I absolutly hate skeletons!
On the first guy, I think his nose is too high? Or is it just me? Anyways, I think his nose is too high but other than that its good.
On the second one, I love the rose. The second one is just totally better!
Nice drawings, PM me when and if you post more!
When all you have is nothing, there is alot to go around.

Time is money, money is power, power is pizza, and pizza is knowledge!
— April, Parks & Rec