Doodle Poetry Contest 2026

4 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 69226
Reviews 708
Image

October is an incredible month because it is both Spooktober AND Inktober! If you love poetry and want to experiment with your artistic side, or perhaps you already love to doodle, then this is the contest for you! This doodle poetry contest will last until the end of October, on October 31st.

So, what is the doodle poetry contest?


For this contest, you must create a poem and doodle based on an Inktober 2026 prompt. Now, what exactly qualifies as a 'poem and doodle', you may be asking. This could be many things: a hand-drawn picture, digital art, something simple, or complicated. It can be in classic black ink, or full of colour. The aim of this contest is to write a poem and create an art piece with the same theme.

Here are the prompts to choose from:

Image


To enter:
1- Create your poem and doodle
2- Either publish it on YWS, post it to your NaPo Week Thread, or post it in this thread. If posting outside of this thread, please provide a link below.
3- The winner of this event will be decided by a vote by participants and site members! After the contest concludes, there will be an anonymous voting period done by private message. More information will be provided near the end of the month.
4- Then, the winners will be announced!


Prizes:
1st place- 750 points!
2nd place- 500 points
3rd place- 200 points
Honourable mentions will receive 50 points
Who's to say that my light is better than your darkness? Who's to say death is better than your darkness? Who am I to say?

I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.

Was AilahEvelynMae
and is now EllieMae :)




User avatar
Gender Nonbinary
Points 825
Reviews 34
I stake my claim
"Don’t set yourself on fire just to keep others warm." Penny Reid


they/them




User avatar
Gender Male
Points 52616
Reviews 255
One of the these themes will work beautifully with what I had in mind for my last poem of the NaPo week..




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 24804
Reviews 532
"CACTUS" is calling to me <.<
John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

she/her | team monkeys | #unclassified



When a person tells you you hurt them, you don't get to decide you didn't.
— Louis C. K.