User avatar

~Volant~

  • Writing Tips Re: Writer blues

    Lots of writers feel the way. It's a writer's equivolent of hitting The Wall (an athelete's term meaning the point in the sport where you feel completely hopless and unable ...

    Jun 26, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: A Good Story

    Okay, over the summer, my friends and I want to do this movie thing. My friend wants to be a director, I want to be a writer, and everyone else ...

    Jun 21, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Need Help for Sci-Fi story!

    Hey, I'm writing a science fiction story, and I have two questions: 1) Can you think of any cool sci-fi fan user names? So far I've only got LaserPhaser22 and ...

    Jun 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: A Name For a Character

    Hey, I have a character I need some help naming. She's somewhat the stereotypical girl pretending to be a boy and is a medieval squire, and I'm having trouble finding ...

    Jan 28, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: A question for script, screen play, and play writers

    I personally think it's easier to write a play, but it certainly is maddening because you have almost no control on how your audience will see your characters. You jsut ...

    Nov 10, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Ultimate science fiction cliche?

    I don't think it matters. Technically, it sounds like something I saw on Stargate, where the hosts formed a sort of bond with the parasites and got intellegence beyond intellegence. ...

    Apr 20, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: How long is/was your longest story?

    A novel is anything past 100 pages, so maybe, um, 70,000? more or less. i dunno. I suck at math. haha My longest story was about 30,000 words. I haven't ...

    Apr 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Writing from the POV of the opposite gender?

    the POV of your opposite gender? Dangerous business, mate. Many a good book has been ruined by the fact that the author can't pull off a character of the opposite ...

    Mar 23, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing software

    heh. I don't know anything free, but Dramatica's pretty good. Personally, I hate (make that HATE ) writing softwares, but this one's good if you want to really dissect your ...

    Mar 17, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Help, please! Need idea help

    Of course, the nobleman could higher anyone, but that's not what he wants. He wants the best , and the best usually work on their own. Basically, what he does, ...

    Mar 4, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Help, please! Need idea help

    Yes, it is in medevial times. I meant to mention that...heh... Valor>>I have read "The Thief." That's why I asked for help; All my good ideas were taken!!! I did ...

    Mar 3, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Help, please! Need idea help

    I've got a basic idea of a fantasy story. I've got a swarthy thief as the main character. He's of the Shadow Clan, the elite of the thieves' guilds and ...

    Mar 2, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Help! writing a Science-Fiction, need plot....

    (And definitely don't try basing your story off another. You can keep in mind some element you liked from the story, but you should really try and make it your ...

    Jan 19, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: I want advice to start writing well before it's too late!

    The thing about writing is, it's work. It's work just like anything else. It's fun work for most of us, but work nonetheless. Which means you actually have to sit ...

    Jan 6, 2008


Hi everyone who clicks on my profile!...Um, not quite sure what else to do here. Yup, definitely new at this! XD
— Magebird