User avatar

~Excalibur~

  • Writing Tips Re: Telling vs. Showing?

    It really depends on the scene. Short list which I go by. Tell: Actions of small value or 'uneventful' situations. Hard to follow moods The past Show Character development pieces ...

    Feb 16, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: How do yhou start a story?

    Have any of you three actually finished a book? That tried and true method is usually standard issue, but for those who have trouble writing a book the best bet ...

    Feb 16, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: This isn't a story or anything I just need help?

    A neutral name is just a neutral name, if you want it to sound strong just have heavy ascent on words and less vowels. Germanic and norse are probably your ...

    Feb 16, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Gaea and Frux- Progress Thread

    Thanks. I'm going to take a short break from writing chapters to do some research on development to prepare for beefing up descriptions and fixing the flow for the edit.

    Feb 14, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Gaea and Frux- Progress Thread

    Been continuing work on the story at a quick pace. I just added Chapter 8 to YWS which is the most mature and dark of all the chapters so far. ...

    Feb 11, 2009
  • Research Re: American schools?

    1. Grade systems? What grade are you and how old are you when you're in the "Seniors"\ Been answered already. 2. Schedule system? Do you have the choice to pick ...

    Feb 8, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: A Quick Question

    Oh ya this seems REAL legit. "ยจ The first edition will receive wide publicity all over the region as there will be an exclusive event launch with the presence of ...

    Feb 7, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: A Necessary Question...

    Boo hoo, a terrorist. Chances are you are going to take more flak from being too simple or naive of actual intentions from people rather then be scolded for writing ...

    Feb 4, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Gaea and Frux- Progress Thread

    I've lost so much sleep, screwed up my sleep hours and apparently I have started to lose weight since I began turning the countless scraps of paper, pieces and folders ...

    Feb 2, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: How many/much is too much?

    I always thought that Harry Potter's side cast was a bit undeveloped and rather shallow for most of the book, simply appearing and being fleshed out for a single book ...

    Feb 1, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: Question!

    Not to say anything bad about this novel I've never looked at, but unless your plot is long and has no 'filler' don't cut it. A longer work does not ...

    Feb 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: How many/much is too much?

    I have a story, which few have taken notice on here, titled Gaea and much of the work remains unposted, but I've started to lose some impetus over an issue ...

    Feb 1, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing Requirements

    1. Writing on my computer. (Just feels better that way.) 2. I need music and lately it has been some of the 250 Touhou albums floating around on torrent, particularly ...

    Jan 28, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: A Writer's Code of Law(s)

    1. The story writes itself. Do not plan out every aspect, detail and direction. It will make it predictable and boring. 2. Write or the story will die. 3. Be ...

    Jan 20, 2009
  • Research Re: kingdoms

    Don't forget that even Kings were subject to religious law for many ages. If the Kings disobeyed the power of the church and its ways they tend to lose favor, ...

    Jan 20, 2009


The poetry of the earth is never dead.
— John Keats