User avatar

zone

  • Writing Activities Re: Haiku Battle

    It spreads like blood infusing its perfect shade out across the sky

    Jun 5, 2011
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Princess Of The Sand Castle

    Good attempt but I don't like the ellipses, it would be better just to break them up into individual lines unless there is another way around the problem. The imagery ...

    Jun 5, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Wake up

    Streaming across the room in dazzling rays My eyes straining Adjusting to the waking light of day This moment Being dragged from sleep This instant When the turmoil of my ...

    Jun 5, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Demon-Run Heaven (edited)

    Personally I quite liked the jittery flow and the pnctuation everywhere. For me it conveyed a sense of confusion and disorientation and possibly a kind of longing for stability. That's ...

    Jun 5, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Fighting Waves

    I like the repeated use of the word smack and the imagery is good but I thought that some of the imagery was too literal. I'm not sure how else ...

    Jun 5, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Honestly Ugly

    I loved the accusatory tone of the poem. This may be because it reflects exactly what I think of the type of person you describe here. Yes it sounds bitter ...

    Jun 5, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Vow of Silence

    Mysterious. I wasn't entirely sure what was going on, the death of a family member perhaps. The flow was a little jerky but otherwise I thought it was good. You ...

    Jun 5, 2011
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Fight for freedom

    She makes her move To escape To get out of this place She needs the blissful night air To feel the moonlight To see the darkness She needs to replace ...

    Jun 4, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Disco Ball

    This poem made me happy. It's so simple and clear. Sometimes it is just so refreshing to read something that isn't deep or trying to say some kind of spiritual ...

    Jun 4, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: It's still the same

    It's very dark, I like it. I love the way you've structured it, it's almost like a song and it works really well. I also like how the last stanza ...

    Jun 4, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I pity You

    It sounds very pathetic, which all lovesick poetry is anyway, and very self pitying. I'm not keen on this kind of thing but I like the use of "thou" because ...

    Jun 4, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: The Beat of the Jungle

    The syllables were a bit out in places but you've created the escense of the jungle in very few lines which is a real achievement. you're structure is good as ...

    Jun 4, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Confessions

    At first I was a little confused, then I got the gist, then I thought something serious was going to happen, then I read the last line and it made ...

    Jun 4, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: An empty desk

    Very moving and deep. I thought that perhaps the repetition of mother in the first stanza didn't work so well but i'm just nitpicking really. It's a fitting tribute.

    Jun 4, 2011
  • Welcome Mat Re: I'm new

    Sorry if I didn't actually give any information about myself, I guess I was distracted. I listen to pretty much any kind of music, excluding manufactured boy/girl bands, i've been ...

    Jun 4, 2011


One who sits between two chairs may easily fall down.
— Proverb from Romania and Russia