User avatar

zone

  • Narrative Poetry Re: Faith

    I...well...This is amazing. I'm not sure I really have any words in me to do justice to this but i'll give it a go. The imagery is incredible. For me ...

    Jul 6, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: The Blues Man

    I loved the message you were trying to get across here and I like the way you went about it. However I have to say that, for some reason, it ...

    Jul 6, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Midnight Wolf

    I loved this. The structure works really well and the imagery is perfect. The way you have grouped the lines together adds to the atmosphere that you have created in ...

    Jul 6, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Kindred

    Generally I thought this was quite a good piece of work but it did seem a little...watered down and cliched in places. The imagery could be stronger. I didn't feel ...

    Jun 23, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Spider

    I love the metaphors you've used. I haven't read the first version of this and I'm sure that someone has already said that the metaphors are beautiful. I can't really ...

    Jun 21, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Anxiety

    Well... personally I quite liked the complete lack of structure. It was like you had just written a train of thoughts down and the fact that there was no structure ...

    Jun 7, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Watching

    The rhyming was perhaps a little...forced in places but I liked the way it was structured and I thought the use of three questions in a row on the second ...

    Jun 7, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Beneath the Smile

    I really liked this. You've somehow managed to fill it with a sense of raw emotion yet made it sound restrained and desperate to escape. The character is very deep ...

    Jun 7, 2011
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Boy Who Wasn't There

    I like the way you echoed the first and last stanzas to show the way things have changed. That was very effective. I didn't like the second stanza though. It ...

    Jun 7, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Finger in the Dust

    This is really interesting. I didn't completely understand it but the imagery and the language still had an effect on me. For me it conveyed a deep sense of loss ...

    Jun 6, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Angry

    Wow. You must have been really really pissed off when you wrote this. It's good that you've put it down in words because that really does help when you need ...

    Jun 6, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Angles

    You've got exactly the right tone here. I love how the narrator begins by just asking a question and it leads seamlessly into the other thoughts, which seem very indifferent ...

    Jun 6, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Playground

    I loved the tone and the wistful kind of emotion that you created here. I didn't fully understand it but you created a couple of very beautiful images and although ...

    Jun 5, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: forgotten

    This is beautiful. There are a few points that could have been better and I think that they have all already been covered by other reviewers. Your flow isn't quite ...

    Jun 5, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: I'm Giving You Up.

    There is a lot of intense emotion packed into this poem and I couldn't help but be drawn in by it. I like how you've used an irregular structure, it's ...

    Jun 5, 2011


What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.
— Albert Pines