User avatar

zoeybird13024

  • Writing Tips Re: Flashbacks—any tips while writing them?

    I normally have it in first person--I find that works best. Since the character is going through his/her memories, anyway. I have several side novels (not kidding--they're really long...) about ...

    May 19, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Names

    I have really old, historical names that you would have a hard time finding in a phonebook nowadays. Anyone need any of those? A lot of these are common syllables ...

    May 3, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: What Is Your Favorite Writing Tip?

    "A writer only fails when they stop writing". I read that in our Lit. book. It's a quote from Ray Bradbury. I can't stand the things he writes ((haha, sorry)) ...

    Mar 30, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Too Darn Hot

    Normally, my male characters are the attractive--and in some cases, overly-attractive--and my female characters are, for the most part, quite plain and quiet. Only a few of them are very ...

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Too Darn Hot

    Okay, I'm not so bad after all--there's ALWAYS a conflict between my characters. In one instance, guy meets girl, guy and girl fall in love...guy's brother decides he likes girl ...

    Mar 21, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Too Darn Hot

    Hmm, I'm glad I read this! I always tell my friends, whenever I start a new story, that I'm a sucker for romance. It's just not fun for me to ...

    Mar 21, 2008


Never forget how special this site is: the older I get, the more I realize how many lonely writers there are who have only family and maybe some friends to read their works. The fact we get free critique, nightly writing pads, free contests and unlimited interaction at *no cost* with people genuinely wanting to help, can not be overstated or overrated
— Messenger