User avatar

xxfourthelement

  • Writing Tips Re: Using too much foreign language?

    Depends on how long it is. In novel format, that would look fine. I'd read it. But then, I love foreign languages and try to learn them near obsessively. =] ...

    Aug 26, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Into the Male mind...

    What I've observed from my guy friends is that they're all really... sappy when it comes to their girlfriends. Seriously? They say things like "All I want to do is ...

    Aug 23, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: G H R I E K

    Good luck! The picture is awesome. What's the story about?

    Aug 23, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: how many drafts do you go through??

    It looks something like this for short stories: Write > Read > Edit > Have Somebody Else Read > Edit > Read > Edit > Edit > Print > Edit ...

    Aug 21, 2008
  • Research Re: Writer's Conferences

    Try looking in Writer's Market for a writer's conference in your region. If you live in a large city/metro area, ask a librarian. If you live in New York City, ...

    Aug 20, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Odd way of writing

    Actually, I do something similar - I write scenes that are BEGGING to be written, then figure out how to work up to them. (I usually end up rewriting them ...

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How do YOU get last names for a story charater?

    I grab a local newspaper and throw something at it. If it lands on a name, I use that. If it lands on an article, I skim the article and ...

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Research Re: Radio

    There's a guy who has his own radio station, and he's only 19 - check out kalebnation.com. I've sent him e-mails before, and he's quite nice about answering them. I'm ...

    Jul 8, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Titles and Writing With Titles

    One thing I really get story titles from: lyrics. Either the title of a song or from the lyrics themselves. Mostly, though, I get it from the actual idea of ...

    Jul 3, 2008
  • Research Re: Parallel universes, dark energy, and much more

    There's Lemuria, information here: I also found an interesting site - HowStuffWorks, "Do parallel universes really exist?" The opening quote caught my eye. "In 1954, a young Princeton University docto

    Jul 3, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How to make reviewers hate you...

    (With cackles.) Sounds something like making yourself the most hated writer on CritiqueCircle, only putting number 4 as number 1.

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Research Re: Ballet

    Hello. I'd ordinarily research this myself, but I've researched until my brain was sore and figured that I'd best give up and ask for help. What I'd like to know ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Research Re: Loose Ends Research Thread

    I live south of Detroit, and we're called "Little Detroit" when crime is making the news or there are large amounts of gang activity. It's got a really bad reputation ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Writer's block smashed to pieces!

    I've just gotten over a one-and-a-half month period of writer's block. It's one of the most exciting things that's happened to me! Surprisingly, there wasn't any real reason for it. ...

    Jun 28, 2008


If I feel physically as if the top of my head were taken off, I know that is poetry.
— Emily Dickinson