User avatar

xxfourthelement

  • Writing Tips Re: How to make reviewers hate you...

    (With cackles.) Sounds something like making yourself the most hated writer on CritiqueCircle, only putting number 4 as number 1.

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Research Re: Ballet

    Hello. I'd ordinarily research this myself, but I've researched until my brain was sore and figured that I'd best give up and ask for help. What I'd like to know ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Research Archives Re: Head Injuries

    According to "WHAT IS A HEAD INJURY? The term HEAD INJURY refers to an injury to the BRAIN which is usually the result of an accident, or sometimes an assault. ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Research Archives Re: Rainiest parts of the world?

    It's not European, but here's an article about the raniest place in the world: The coldest place in the world could be in Siberia. People actually do live there, too! ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Research Re: Loose Ends Research Thread

    I live south of Detroit, and we're called "Little Detroit" when crime is making the news or there are large amounts of gang activity. It's got a really bad reputation ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Dirty Work

    Author's note: This story is a bit of backstory to the novel I'm writing. All you need to know is that the narrator, Ian, is a superhero. He is also ...

    Jun 28, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Writer's block smashed to pieces!

    I've just gotten over a one-and-a-half month period of writer's block. It's one of the most exciting things that's happened to me! Surprisingly, there wasn't any real reason for it. ...

    Jun 28, 2008
  • Novel Workshop Re: A Foggy Glass

    I really liked the story. It had a good start. The biggest thing I wanted to point out is the dialogue. You don't seem to have given anybody specific vocabularies ...

    Jun 28, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Starting at the End

    Well, that depends on the reader. I happen to know several people who read the back of the book before they start it, just to check. Other people won't read ...

    Jun 28, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Ask a stupid question...

    Chickens. Why are there so few female rockers?

    Jun 26, 2008
  • General Articles Re: Towers

    Wonderful. I didn't realize at first what you could be alluding to - and when you finally reached that point, your metaphor suddenly hit me in the face like a ...

    Jun 24, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A Wizard's Princess

    Just for the record: all those "simple"s at the end of the chapter/section should be "simply." I find your opening sentence odd, as a reader. I had to read it ...

    Jun 23, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: Heroes Captioned Pics

    Hehehe. I like it. Which episode is that from? I'm not sure if you CAN do those with Photobucket. Not that I've tried. But the photo looks pretty good, anyways, ...

    Jun 23, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: Snowy Trees

    The light was beautiful when you took this photo. Winter always looks beautiful, even if it doesn't feel so nice, and the photo captures the essence of ice-cold.

    Jun 23, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: Get Smart Avatars

    Ah! Quite cute. I like the first one from the old show. (I can still remember watching it on TV Land every day during the summer when I was younger.)

    Jun 23, 2008


But there was no goat man, there was NEVER any goat man!
— OSP Red