User avatar

xxfourthelement

  • General Fiction Novels Re: The TECH Project, Chapter Two

    Author's Note: The second chapter of my novel, an action/adventure story. This is still setting the stage... Read the previous chapter to understand things better. --- FILE 2: Pre-Exposure "Maria," ...

    Aug 7, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: A Nail in the Butt Could Drive You Nuts

    Before I review, let me just say that this was absolutely hilarious. All right! Let's go! “Ummm...Daddy?” asked the little boy, making a low whistling noise as he blew his ...

    Aug 7, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: Winter's Princess

    A little tight, but a nice photo. The setting is such a pretty color of blue! (And, incidentally, I like the contrast - it's the brightest thing in the photo, ...

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Voice Mail

    Author's Note: This is the second edit of the story, so it's not quite perfect yet. It's not exactly your traditional romance, either... Thanks for reviewing. Hello. My breath catches ...

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: Mutts - Taste

    The first sentence certainly is confusing - what's not there, his lip or the metallic taste? I like your narrator, though. He or she is interesting, with that calm insanity ...

    Aug 5, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Do you overuse words?

    Oooh, it kept putting "said" in mine! I had to kill that one. I like it. It's from my short story Dance, Dance .

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: --Online Writing Contest for Charity--

    [Sorry for the long response time] That's an excellent idea. The HI thing is pretty cool, too. Another quick question, though: how will funds be raised? From entry fees? And, ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Research Archives Re: Government Issues

    There's not really any way to explain to a suspicious or paranoid person that a group of people isn't a terrorist cell, unless there actually ARE some terrorists running around ...

    Jul 22, 2008
  • WRFF Archive Re: More free reviews ...

    I hate to have to ask, but I was wondering if you could do a crit of the first chapter I wrote of an action/adventure novel I wrote. It's not ...

    Jul 11, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: I need help.

    If you want reviews, try going to the "Will Review For Food" board in the Lounge. There are a lot of people there willing to review stories. You have to ...

    Jul 11, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Artemis Fowl

    Ah! I loved the Lost Colony book! Definitely my favorite - though it may have something to do with Minerva and Artemis not being able to figure out if a ...

    Jul 11, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Alex Rider Series by Anthony Horowitz

    I definitely agree with Firestar - I wanted Alex to die and be with his parents at the end of Scorpia! When I saw that there was a sequel, I ...

    Jul 11, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: Mr. Rochester

    Gah! Mr. Rochester! You did an amazing job. I've seen so many versions of Jane Eyre, I'm not sure if I've seen this one (oops) but, thankfully, it's definitely true ...

    Jul 8, 2008
  • Art & Photography Re: wallpaper

    Wow. Super-resolution. :D I liked it. The colors were interesting. Where did the random Mars symbol come from?! Hehe.

    Jul 8, 2008
  • Action/Adventure Novels Re: The TECH Project, Chapter One

    Author's Note: Okay, here's the deal. Last year, I wrote a light sci-fi novel about six teenagers who were transformed using a chemical formula into superheroes. The first chapter went ...

    Jul 8, 2008


How can I be king of the world? Because I am king of rubbish. And rubbish is what the world is made of.
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane