User avatar

xoCairo

  • Other Poetry Re: Silence

    A world frozen in crystals, ice Silences an angry night; Reclaims the land once belonged, And silences a rageful song. Light once pulsed with vibrant beats, Now dead beneath the ...

    Dec 24, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Human

    A side note, before hand: this is kind of messed up, to be honest. It's... different than what I normally write, but it was an idea, and I went with ...

    Oct 19, 2011
  • Writers Corner Re: Character's Voice/Personality - Trouble Deciding, Opinions?

    I've started working on a new project because I've come to the realization that my old one wasn't all that great. I've got it all plotted out and everything, even ...

    Sep 6, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: With Every Breath There is a Dying Wish

    This was interesting. Was this for the 150 words contest? Out of curiosity, what was your prompt? Anyway, this was pretty well written and worth reading, though - obviously - ...

    Aug 19, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Hunter

    Wow. I'm almost speechless. Almost. This was pretty much incredible. And the twist at the end was just... wow. I certainly didn't expect for the prey to be a man. ...

    Aug 15, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: For Daddy

    You're Your scent lingers all around me. I wish you would envelope me. Please. I'd give it al all to feel you near me again. I'd give it all for ...

    Aug 15, 2011
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Closure

    I thought I’d be more upset But I’m just in a ret What's a ret? I seriously dictionary'd that and the best I got was 'soak in water to soften ...

    Aug 15, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Withering Love

    Wow. While this was a tiny bit confusing to me (but then, I'm tired, and generally don't understand things when tired xP), it was very powerful. Your imagery was amazing, ...

    Aug 14, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: He Doesn't Know

    :p The narrarator was a guy. So 'he loves him' was actually right, because there's no difference between 'he loves her' and 'she loves him' but there is between 'he ...

    Aug 14, 2011
  • General Articles Re: As a child I dreamed of being an adult, now I just want to k

    comments changes I know this has already been pointed out, but I'm going to assume your title got cut off. I'd suggest shortening it, so it intrigues us a bit ...

    Aug 14, 2011
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: He Doesn't Know

    After reading, please read the spoiler at the bottom** He's my best friend. He means the world To me. We're inseperable; Even a tornado Coudn't tear us apart But maybe ...

    Aug 14, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: It Had To Be Done

    Woah, did it seem like Shawn killed his daughter? Hmm. Must go back and change that. It was supposed to be like he killed someone else - took revenge on ...

    Aug 14, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Most Awesome Story Ever

    Wow. This was truly the awesomest story ever. It was so awesome that I fell upon my knees and burst into tears (of laughter), but unfortunately oceans don't form from ...

    Aug 14, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: It Had To Be Done

    This was written for the 150 words contest. My theme was "justifying revenge, or redemption." I found this kind of hard to squish down into 150 words - originally it ...

    Aug 14, 2011
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Writers Block

    I'm sure just about any writer can connect with this piece, for sure. :) Overall, it was generally well done and entertaining to read, as well as incredibly familiar. I ...

    Aug 13, 2011


For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein