User avatar

xhalcyonx128

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Lack of Freeway Prescience

    Well it looks like I have a ton of ambiguity here; I'll try and fix that. Thanks for the comments. I'll pm you guys to fill you in on the ...

    Jan 14, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Lack of Freeway Prescience

    I tried to keep some sense of rhythem. Let me know if it works or not. Thanks. Careening down a busy highway, rear lights signal an entirety of intentions. Those ...

    Jan 14, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Clocks

    The clock ticks 12:35 My phone tells me 12:32 On with packing I take it off the wall Striking black hands remind me of you Crossed legs on the orange ...

    Jan 12, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Phoenix

    For one of your first posts, I have to say this is very good. The imagry works, and I didn't even notice the rhymes (the best style is the one ...

    Jan 12, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Murdered and the Murderer (extended)

    It made my stomache churn (the actions, not the writing), which is a sign that it's good. When the writing makes my stomache churn, well then there is a problem.

    Jan 12, 2008
  • Other Re: A Quiet Gentle Spirit

    It would probably go in nonfiction, or your blog. Literary-wise: This sounds like an entry from a devotional journal. There is alot of supposition and pushing religion. It isn't neccessarily ...

    Jan 12, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Ode to Burnt Toast

    Oh my gosh, this absolutely made my day ^.^ This is the only problem i spotted: or some pasta--mama mia i think 'maybe' would work better than 'some', but thats ...

    Jan 12, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Two Steps Behind

    Oh, and imagry! Imagry is key!

    Jan 12, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Two Steps Behind

    This is a start, but bubble has excellent points. You walk two steps ahead I’ll walk two steps behind It makes sense for you to lead And me to follow ...

    Jan 12, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Sandprints of Amity

    This is very rough, but I just jotted this down one day in free period. I need some advice about rhythem and rhyme-scheme. I'm not very familiar with writing that ...

    Jan 12, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Life!!!

    *dies* I'm going to appoligize in advance for this critique. This isn't poetry. Simply because something is "expressive" does not instantly make it a poem. Let's go through this line ...

    Jan 12, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Chapter 1 - Part 2

    You set the stage for a quick change of scenery and an increase in plot, so that's good. She is [s]simply[/s] only unconscious. simply sounds out of place. It almost ...

    Jan 12, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Chapter 1 - Part 1

    Hey Ayra, This is a good start. The first paragraph doesn't really express enough about Ayra for the reader to get a picture about what is happening. I get that ...

    Jan 12, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Incredibly discouraged

    Thank you. I have to say it really does. By the by, which two are the stories you are proud of? When an author is proud of his/her work it ...

    Jan 11, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: heyheyhey

    Welcome to YWS! It's pretty easy to find your way around the site, so you'll be fine. Just about everyone is extremely helpful, but at times you may find yourself ...

    Jan 11, 2008


This looks like a really bad episode of Green Acres.
— David Letterman