User avatar

veronicafletcher

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Lonely Violin

    I love how the behavior of the violin is related to the feelings of the player. Amazing rhyming; I don't think I could make a rhyming poem as long as ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Clearing in The Woods

    Today is the day I go into the woods with my two best friends, Eleanor and Anna. Into the woods, into our secret little clearing. It is a perfect days ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Black Stone

    Six cold black statues, Each with small beetle-like eyes. They stare right through My very soul. Why are they frightened? I can see fear in their eyes. Why are they ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Asthma

    I cough. I wheeze. Suddenly, my lungs feel As if they were Filled with water. My throat feels as if it were a clogged drain. The coughing fit won't stop. ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: A Summer Day

    Sticky sweat dripping down my face. Neighborhood kids running in a race. Eating ice cream, swimming in the pool, ANYTHING to help stay cool. Hopscotch on the concrete, The hot ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • Other Poetry Re: Levi

    Grass, what hides underneath your long green locks? Levi, who swings on his stomach, pretending to be Superman. Mushroom, are you an umbrella for insects? Levi, who runs screaming from ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: The Rhythm of Life

    Down in a valley, a quaint little town is nestled in the hills, as snug as a bird in its nest. The grass on the hills is tainted aqua with ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • Lyric Poetry Re: One Big Poem

    When autumn comes, The leaves fall off the trees Like that piece of homework you threw away and “forgot” to show to your parents When the teacher gave it a ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • Narrative Poetry Re: A Day in The Life of a Fountain

    Plip. Plip. Plip. Plip-plop, plip-plop. Plip-SHWASH! Plop-KACHANG! SHWASH! KA-CHANG! SHWASH! The gleaming metal fountain Turns on in the morning. Starts with a trickle, Like a dove’s coo. Building a

    Apr 4, 2007
  • Action/Adventure Short Stories Re: The Baseball Bat

    Jamie stood there, bat in hand. Her father lay dead at her feet. She dropped the bat, and knelt down next to him, weeping over his bloodstained body. She sat ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Quest for Poseidon's Crown

    Prologue Long, long ago, giants ruled the Earth. Not the “fee fi fo fum” kind of giants you hear about in storybooks. No, these giants were the gods of Genovian ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Hannah's Adventures

    Chapter 1: A Hamster Is Born The fresh litter of newly born hamsters opened their eyes. The runt of the litter slowly crawled over to her food bowl and nibbled ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Syradrum 1 (Falling)

    I like this so far. It's extremely descriptive, and the character's thoughts let you know what is happeningin the story, unlike other stories, where the author has to say 'This ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Just a small pieceform one of my storys

    I loved the vivid verbs and the fact that you used coversation, but the conversations lack depth. 'I love you, John' and 'It's you! It's all your fault!' can be ...

    Apr 4, 2007
  • Fantasy Novels Re: The Locket

    Prologue This story starts out as most adventure stories do: a plain, everyday person whose life is changed forever when someone places a great burden upon their shoulders. You know ...

    Apr 4, 2007


I was flummoxed by fractious Franny's decision to abrogate analgesics for the moribund victims of the recent conflagration. Of course, to display histrionics was discretionary, but I did so anyways, implicating a friend in my drama to make the effect cumulative. I think a misanthrope would have a prosaic appellation, perhaps one related to autonomy and the rejection of anthropocentrism. I think they wouldn't think much of the prominence of watching the coagulation of tea to prognosticate future malevolent events, not even if those events were related to jurisprudence.
— Spearmint