User avatar

turity

  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: UPDATE: Timestone Realities P2

    Here's PART 2 to this short...please let me know what you think =)). Thanks in advance! --------------- The next day, she woke up to the most brilliant sky she'd ever ...

    Nov 2, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: UPDATE: Timestone Realities P2

    Thanks guys (esp. Fraggle for the gold star)! I'm glad you liked the first half of my short story. Yes, there is a second part, but I didn't want to ...

    Oct 27, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: UPDATE: Timestone Realities P2

    PART 1 ---------------- Brea was in the middle of the highway again, screaming with one hand shielding her eyes from the glare of the oncoming truck. She was there--she was ...

    Oct 26, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Short Stories Re: DIFFERENT. Dark/Horror/Sci-fi Flash Fiction. 1000 wds PG-13

    I enjoyed this piece for two reasons: it moved along fast enough to not bore and it had a good mystery. It wasn't creepy though like you might have intended. ...

    Oct 26, 2009
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Removed

    I agree with Juniper. I was a little lost reading this. There is no clear idea as to what exactly is happening. A war, yes, but what does the narrator ...

    Oct 25, 2009
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: Feeling Unknown

    Hi, I'm turity! Here are some suggestions: Too much description of her suffering in the beginning. It doesn't hook right away. Try to find a better starting sentence and move ...

    Oct 25, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Golden Moon Ch. 1 P1

    Thanks, Trish, for reading this close enough to pick out all the small things. Not many people do that so I really appreciate you taking the time. Now I can ...

    Oct 24, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Golden Moon Ch 1 P2

    [...continued] Read P1: ------------------ Gabe comes up behind me and I can literally feel his body vibrating inches from mine. "You can only have me," he says voice shaking. He's ...

    Oct 20, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Shades Of Silver

    Hi, I'm turity. First off, I love the title of this work and how it frames the poem at the begining and end. I don't know why but I love ...

    Oct 18, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Struggle

    I didn't think it was boring, but you explained the main idea in too many words. I liked your writing style though. It was thought provoking and definitely had a ...

    Oct 14, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Golden Moon Ch. 1 P1

    Thanks Jet and Zephy for the amazing reviews! I have read Hunger Games and I think the similarities occur because I started the story while I was hooked on Hunger ...

    Oct 12, 2009
  • Media Reviews Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read

    Same here. I loved the Artemis Fowl series. Admitedly, it was my younger brother who introduced the first book to me and it took me a while to get my ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Golden Moon Ch. 1 P1

    Thanks for the critique. I know the post is a bit long but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea to split the chapter halfway. But you're right, ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Science-Fiction Novels Re: Golden Moon Ch. 1 P1

    EDIT: Because of the large word count, I had to split the chapter in two parts. I will post part 2 as soon as this one gets more critique. Sorry ...

    Oct 11, 2009
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Miracles

    This was really interesting to read. I liked the pace you kept. It was quick and to the point, with enough mystery to hook me. Some suggestions: So alone am ...

    Oct 10, 2009


In short, Mrs. Pontellier was beginning to realize her position in the universe as a human being, and to recognize her relations as an individual to the world within and about her.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening