Random avatar

tonten

  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Valentine's Day

    This was totally knew to me Knew = new? Not bad, I like how you get straight to the point and your use of first person narrative. The emotions portrayed ...

    Feb 20, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Circus of Sorrow/The Spirit of the Circus

    good usage of third person point of view to portray the protagonist's feelings. I like the concept/idea of the story.

    Feb 13, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Harvest

    is very strange. But, try as I might, I couldn't find anything awkward about your sentence structure. Your friends must be mistaken. :D No real critique. Although I do like ...

    Feb 13, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: The Harvest

    I wrote a very silly story last year, when I was exploring with point of view. I'm wondering if anyone can give me any critiques or some helpful suggestions? The ...

    Feb 13, 2005


For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein