Random avatar

timjim77

  • Poetry Discussion Re: Structure?

    Set rhythm? What does that even mean? Yes, poetry needs rhythm. It needs to beat on the heart like a drum. That doesn't mean it needs to be seven syllables ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Poetry Discussion Re: who's/what's your fav poet or poetry

    Dylan Thomas, Emily Dickinson.

    Oct 3, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: Dagger and Scabbard

    It's difficult to get perspective in overhead shots. The use of shading and shadow can improve perspective. Also countour lines on the handle of the knife. The straight lines are ...

    May 8, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Lyra's Father vs. Mrs. Coulter - who would win?

    Actually, the giant polar bear would win. But I voted for Mrs. Coulter. I love those books. I don't even like fantasy in general. Those books were brilliant. The Amber ...

    Apr 29, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Most Disturbing Books

    I just finished a disturbing comedy by Chuck Palahniuk called "Choke." He fakes choking in restaraunts to get money from people. He's also a sex addict. Probably the most duisturbing ...

    Apr 29, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Most Influential Poet(s)

    Playwrights know how people interact. They know characters. And they know dialogue. Poetry is dialogue excised from conversations, and put onto the canvas of life. It is dialogue without a ...

    Apr 5, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Most Influential Poet(s)

    I know some of my most influential are Dylan Thomas, Emily Dickinson, and Longfellow. What are yours? How have they affected your writing?

    Mar 24, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: Multi-Blood Man! [Rated R for Twisted Humor]

    This was nice. Just wasn't funny. Nor did it have a point. At all.

    Mar 13, 2006
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Favorites in Classic Literature...

    I don't know if age is necessarily as important as the impact it has on both literature and society. I consider many of Kurt Vonnegut's books classics. They may only ...

    Mar 13, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: Caffran

    It may be his style, but as far as I've seen it's not the style that any professional uses. F*** professionals. I thought it was awesome.

    Jan 31, 2006
  • Art & Photography Re: Dyslexia

    b's look like b's? Wait, no. Oh, I'm so dyslexic. This is awesome.

    Dec 15, 2005
  • Art & Photography Re: The Birds

    Cool. Very Neo-Dutch.

    Dec 15, 2005
  • Art & Photography Re: A few of my drawings

    The last one you posted, the designs, is the best one by far. It is excellent. I want a copy. Haha!

    Oct 3, 2005
  • Art & Photography Re: A few of my drawings

    Love it. you have an eye for design and pattern. Reminds e a little of Navajo weaving. The pointillism is great too. Probably the best example I've seen of it ...

    Oct 2, 2005


Life is like a bag of potatoes, it starts out rough, but can turn into something beautiful (and yummy).
— Ley