-
Re: Abortion
Bob, you present some good points. I think when you say, "the individual can be thrown off a cliff" you are speaking figuratively, for certainly they cannot. Societal ethics apply ...
Apr 17, 2007 -
Re: Secondhand Smoke
"He who takes a is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin ...
Apr 17, 2007 -
Re: Secondhand Smoke
We do not have the right to judge one another, or to look down on anyone, or to villanize anyone. We have a responsibility to help those who are harming ...
Apr 17, 2007 -
Re: Heaven
I don't think you should be writing about that sort of thing. Heaven is not meant to be put into novels, or "changed" to the author's preference. It's like joking ...
Apr 17, 2007 -
Re: Secondhand Smoke
Ok, I did not say ANY of those things, and this is obviously way too an emotional an issue to be discussed rationally any further. And I still contend that ...
Apr 17, 2007 -
Re: Abortion
Also, places where abortion is illegal also have a higher crime rate - although at first, there seems to be no conection, if you think it through, less unwanted children ...
Apr 17, 2007 -
Re: Do we really exist?
I think these strict kinds of dichotomies of existence|purpose often preclude us from seeing other things about our lives. As far as religion is concerned, I've often wondered why people ...
Apr 17, 2007 -
Re: Secondhand Smoke
Hmm, I think you obviously have a different viewpoint from me, but I don't think you have provided a sufficient answer to the question about rights. Freedom comes with rights, ...
Apr 17, 2007 -
Re: Secondhand Smoke
People have the right to do whatever they want with their bodies. People also have the right to be healthy. HOWEVER, those who DO choose to kill themselves slowly (i.e. ...
Apr 16, 2007 -
Re: Church, State, and the Seperation Thereof
Even if some sort of absolute truth exists, God or not, we sure don't know what it use religion as a basis for law is to say that the religions ...
Apr 16, 2007 -
Re: Should Hitler go to Hell?
" Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: but he that shall blaspheme against the ...
Apr 16, 2007 -
Re: Should Hitler go to Hell?
Also, it's important to remember that Hitler commited suicide. As I remember, the Roman Catholic Church rather unilatterally condemns those who take their own lives, though doctrines and opinions may ...
Apr 16, 2007 -
Re: Sacred Honor
"Turn the other cheek" does not necessarily refer to pacifism. It can mean to not seek retribution in any form, or to an even greater extreme, not seek compensation in ...
Oct 30, 2006 -
Re: The Great Rite
Interesting ideas. But I think the difference between Christian theology and the Witch theology you have descirbed is this: Christian theology is based on what is believed to be revealed, ...
Oct 27, 2006 -
Re: Terrorism
Depdns on how you define terrorism. Some would say that we have terrorists attacking us right now, in the form of corporations or the government. Terrorism is a tactice to ...
Oct 26, 2006
