Random avatar

timjim77

  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Living Martyrs

    Wow. I love how you have combined what seems to be your world view, your religion, and your poetic sense all into one. Truly, an exquisite insight. Perhaps the colon ...

    Apr 15, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: 36% success

    Capitalize Greyhound. Sandwich kind of seems vulgar as a verb here. Other than those minutiae, wonderful. You have described a peculiar feeling with clarity, while keeping the fogginess of it ...

    Apr 15, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: The Paschal Four

    I. When in subtle mass I weighed, Latent boughs kicked fleshy drum. Falling circumstances staid The appetite for love and thumb. Patience swaddled in the moons Through clouds about my ...

    Apr 15, 2007
  • Lyrics Re: Thanksgiving (Something Out of Nothing)

    Thanks for your advice. I see your point about the rhythm, and I suppose that's the problem with posting lyrics, as muh of the song informs the rhythm, and si ...

    Dec 14, 2006
  • Lyrics Re: Thanksgiving (Something Out of Nothing)

    Well, actually, it does make sense, perhaps not to you. The poem is written about, among other things, Holy Communion as celebrated in the Catholic Church. One of the ways ...

    Nov 2, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Sacred Honor

    "Turn the other cheek" does not necessarily refer to pacifism. It can mean to not seek retribution in any form, or to an even greater extreme, not seek compensation in ...

    Oct 30, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Falling in Love with Parades, Military Marches and the girl

    Get rid of "*This is a composite poem*." Now, onto the real thing. Amazing. Really well written. The contrast between the parade and the people on the hill was the ...

    Oct 27, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Great Rite

    Interesting ideas. But I think the difference between Christian theology and the Witch theology you have descirbed is this: Christian theology is based on what is believed to be revealed, ...

    Oct 27, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Terrorism

    Depdns on how you define terrorism. Some would say that we have terrorists attacking us right now, in the form of corporations or the government. Terrorism is a tactice to ...

    Oct 26, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Nostradamus

    I guess the actual problem is whether the future is predetermined or not. There are cause and effect chains that will certainly affect the future in existence today, but are ...

    Oct 24, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Jesus War Camp thing

    I agree with both Lama and Galatea. My point is not that the ends justify the means. I don't believe that at all. What I am saying is that as ...

    Oct 17, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Jesus War Camp thing

    Bobby, why the harsh tone at the end? As a matter of fact, I was already aware of these injustices. I know that's ahrd to believe. let's talk about this ...

    Oct 17, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Jesus War Camp thing

    Sureal, I think you misunderstand. Firstly, if you believe that there is possibly a God, you are not an atheist, you're an agnostic. Unless what you're saying is you don't ...

    Oct 14, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Jesus War Camp thing

    You have to understand that no-one is raised in a vacuum - bringing up your child an athiest is exactly the same as bringing them up Christian - it's just ...

    Oct 14, 2006
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Jesus War Camp thing

    All of them....? find me the radical terrorist buddhists. "The first of the five fundamental Buddhist precepts is "Avoid killing any living thing." That is because from the Mahayana perspective, ...

    Oct 14, 2006


He who has a why to live for can bear with almost any how.
— Friedrich Nietzsche