Random avatar

timjim77

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    Bob, you present some good points. I think when you say, "the individual can be thrown off a cliff" you are speaking figuratively, for certainly they cannot. Societal ethics apply ...

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: You're in my Address Book somewhere

    [on warm nights in blooming gardens that you'll never remember right, no] This line disrupts the flow and atmosphere of the poem, perhaps intentionally, but its purpose is not clear. ...

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Secondhand Smoke

    "He who takes a is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin ...

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Garter Snake

    Absolutely stunning. Completely encapsulated an experience and its effect into a brief but delightful poem. Thank you.

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Secondhand Smoke

    We do not have the right to judge one another, or to look down on anyone, or to villanize anyone. We have a responsibility to help those who are harming ...

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Welcome Mat Re: amber

    Write, don't fight! Hey Amber. One suggestion, don't share too many of your ideas! It is often helpful to bounce them off a few people you trust, but sometimes it ...

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Heaven

    I don't think you should be writing about that sort of thing. Heaven is not meant to be put into novels, or "changed" to the author's preference. It's like joking ...

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Secondhand Smoke

    Ok, I did not say ANY of those things, and this is obviously way too an emotional an issue to be discussed rationally any further. And I still contend that ...

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortion

    Also, places where abortion is illegal also have a higher crime rate - although at first, there seems to be no conection, if you think it through, less unwanted children ...

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Do we really exist?

    I think these strict kinds of dichotomies of existence|purpose often preclude us from seeing other things about our lives. As far as religion is concerned, I've often wondered why people ...

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Secondhand Smoke

    Hmm, I think you obviously have a different viewpoint from me, but I don't think you have provided a sufficient answer to the question about rights. Freedom comes with rights, ...

    Apr 17, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Secondhand Smoke

    People have the right to do whatever they want with their bodies. People also have the right to be healthy. HOWEVER, those who DO choose to kill themselves slowly (i.e. ...

    Apr 16, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Church, State, and the Seperation Thereof

    Even if some sort of absolute truth exists, God or not, we sure don't know what it use religion as a basis for law is to say that the religions ...

    Apr 16, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should Hitler go to Hell?

    " Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: but he that shall blaspheme against the ...

    Apr 16, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Should Hitler go to Hell?

    Also, it's important to remember that Hitler commited suicide. As I remember, the Roman Catholic Church rather unilatterally condemns those who take their own lives, though doctrines and opinions may ...

    Apr 16, 2007


All truly wise thoughts have been thought already thousands of times; but to make them truly ours, we must think them over again honestly, till they take root in our personal experience.
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe