-
Re: Things Seen In Cab-Ride #276
This poem does not make people look at the truth. This poem is not straight to the point. This poem is not sad. This poem is not true. This is ...
May 31, 2008 -
Re: A Holocaust Requiem
Simply beautiful.
May 27, 2008 -
Re: Whistling
Deleted.
May 27, 2008 -
Re: Useless Verse
Gadi, The fact that so many people did not like your poem is commendable. You are on the right path to becoming a poor, starved poet. All kidding aside, the ...
May 27, 2008 -
Re: Ars Poetica
I like this. I'm glad you revised. If you are willing to revise again, I think there are some minor changes to the texture of the poem that will enhance ...
May 27, 2008 -
Re: What Makes Me Bloom
The end of this poem far surpasses the beginning. Notes: 1. 'Aid' as a verb has no 'e'. An aide is a helper. 2. You have made a lot of ...
May 27, 2008 -
Re: It is not yet warm to go outside
It is not yet warm to go outside. As the trees like gummed statues fall to sleep, They stretch their tired limbs Heralding their fresh bareness. Suits and vendors weary ...
May 27, 2008 -
Re: Jesus Fermented on Saturday
Xanthan, I think this poem is fantastic. Your brevity is masterful and hard. But what amazes me the most if the effect of the title on the poem. Such a ...
May 15, 2008 -
Re: three haiku and a not haiku
I like 'beer'. The non-haiku poem is wonderful. I love "wind wind wind to the summit" and "obscene bandages". The powerful brevity of the poem gives it immense appeal. Wonderful ...
May 12, 2008 -
Re: The edges of all things turn in
The edges of all things turn in Rhythm, parading their contours and Concretes. “We are too, too solid!” they cry. And the eye is seduced. It comforts Its aching peripherals ...
May 12, 2008 -
Re: Ravens and Tygers
I love dense imagery. But there are a few times within the poems where the tenor of the poem shifts in such a way that the imagery loses its effectiveness. ...
May 11, 2008 -
Re: Ars Poetica?
Poems about poetry or writing poetry are often called Ars Poetica. Too much counting to justify reading all the counting. The repetition of the lines may be too clever for ...
May 11, 2008 -
Re: Faith
WARNING: DO NOT LENGTHEN THIS POEM. Spontaneity is key here. The poem's length is perfect.
May 11, 2008 -
Re: Anthem Of The Broken Youth
Poems should not be billboards. Don't capitalize everything. I have a suggestion that may sound strange. Rewrite this poem in two ways. Make it in the third person, and do ...
May 11, 2008 -
Re: Misery of Love
Your poem has a good foundation. Some notes: 1. You have used some language which is stale. "time spent together" "will do no harm" "under his charm" "kind at heart", ...
May 11, 2008
