Random avatar

timjim77

  • Other Poetry Re: Broken Dreams

    I think that the first few lines of this poem are a self-fulfilling prophecy.

    Oct 3, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: political poetry

    "is all anyone seas": Should be sees. "First grader sitting in his seat Waiting for Iraq to admit defeat His daddys been gone, he knows why And his mom lays ...

    Oct 3, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: The Wristband Age

    I found this to be trite. It did not achieve what it attempted. First of all, you talk of the wruistband generation, and speak of at least two different generations. ...

    Oct 3, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Warning to Amateurs: Professional Poetry

    Enjoyable and witty. But it sounds a bit pretentious. If you poked fun at your own pretentiousness, then it would be an even better poem .But i truly did enjoy ...

    Oct 3, 2005
  • Lyrics Re: Silent Tonight Under this Man Carved Stone

    I liked it as a poem, and I can hear an even better song behind it. Really liked it. I liked the chorus more than the verses.

    Oct 2, 2005
  • Lyric Poetry Re: The Shedding

    Lay to waste your ill-worn gloves Remove the yellowed skin of ages Brush through the thick waters of grief And emerge with the fire of the river. Bare your feet ...

    Oct 2, 2005
  • Art & Photography Re: A few of my drawings

    Love it. you have an eye for design and pattern. Reminds e a little of Navajo weaving. The pointillism is great too. Probably the best example I've seen of it ...

    Oct 2, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: two-thousand-and-five-survive

    Liked it. The flow was coppy, intentionally, but I think that if the idea of what you were trying to say was better developed, the poem may have hit a ...

    Oct 2, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Sonnet of the Sacrifice

    I remember, far in some distant dream When Earth was lit by awesome splendor, too, When holy men did shine in brightest gleam As bells in towers struck their chords ...

    Oct 2, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Smoke Break

    It's pretty good. It does flow really nicely, everything was well described which I thought was really good. The only problem is - Is that your main character sounds a ...

    Oct 2, 2005
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: please God

    Spanish adds a nice flavor, but the English lacks depth.

    Oct 1, 2005
  • Lounge, The Re: Honesty, not always the best policy.

    I don't believe that self-interest ever wins over truth. In fact, I know it doesn't. To avoid pain by denying the truth is cowardly. The truth is all we have. ...

    Oct 1, 2005
  • Welcome Mat Re: Tim from TYWC, now at new forum

    Thanks people. I'm a tough critique, just so you know, and don't take it personally. i hope you critique tough too.

    Oct 1, 2005
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Duct Tape & Razorblades

    This is an example of what is called emo litereature. Great imagery. While I'm not a fan of emo, and I don't agree with its message, the majority of this ...

    Oct 1, 2005
  • Other Poetry Re: Garbage Man

    interesting. I have heard this before. Hopefully you posted somwhere else and did not plagarize.

    Oct 1, 2005


I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl