Random avatar

timjim77

  • Other Poetry Re: A personal opinion

    Wow. This makes me want to give you a caustic critique just so I feel all that emotion in your next poem. This poem is very difficult to critique, because ...

    Mar 31, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Rugburns

    Hmm. Now, while there was some great stuff in this poem, it was too short to have overpowerewd the not-so-great stuff. I do not dislike your poem, but I do ...

    Mar 30, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: 14 - there's no time for you

    "Impune" should be impugn. "Dreams wafts" should be dreams waft. Question mark at end of first stanza. First stanza weak. Second stanza broken, but intense and fascinating. Third stanza echoes ...

    Mar 29, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Shawn

    Well, great. Now we have another piece that forces us to define poem, prose, and everything else. I agree that this is not a poem, but before we tell someone ...

    Mar 28, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: The Hokey Pokey (Remixed)

    You didn't offend me. Simply bored me.

    Mar 28, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: [untitled]

    Subtly caustic, a wild paradox. Good work. Not exactly smooth on the down-go, but interesting enough (and brief enough) to make it well worthwhile. Nice.

    Mar 28, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Poem to xantham_gum / subaltern seasong

    I liked the second one better. The first seems full of itself. The second though, has a very intersting, unique style. It comes off as a dialogue, and utilizes line ...

    Mar 25, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Taste Revenge

    Once again, doing what you do best, pairing words and painting images. Your poems often come across as paintings, and when you make the right strokes, they are pure beauty. ...

    Mar 25, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: It's called imploding

    The imagery and word choice is incredible with the exception of the last stanza and line, which dragged the poem down a little bit. The content is a bit stale, ...

    Mar 25, 2006
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Gossamer and Steel

    "Binary of my shadows." Awesome. I enjoyed this, and I like the way youn use words. Your selection of words I would disagree with at times. This poem would benefit ...

    Mar 25, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: If I Were A Rockstar

    How is it homoerotic? She's a girl.

    Mar 25, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Most Influential Poet(s)

    I know some of my most influential are Dylan Thomas, Emily Dickinson, and Longfellow. What are yours? How have they affected your writing?

    Mar 24, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Scranton

    Dust embraces the morning Like a freshly fallen dew And the steam from the tipple Extols its weary wisdom, Chanting in whistles and The grinding of rotors. The unquestioning miners ...

    Mar 24, 2006
  • Official Polls Re: Favorite Genre

    What about Realism? Why is that always overlooked and relegated to an "other"? The vast majority of modern literature is based on realism.

    Mar 24, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Else

    [pre]My core fled and escaped to her hand, and the mere thought of her beauty chills me with its reality; I fear my iniquity, my avid seed. If to be ...

    Mar 24, 2006


Steps to enlightenment brighten the way, but the steps are steep. Take them one at a time.
— Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice)