Random avatar

timjim77

  • Lyric Poetry Re: Untitled

    - Read your poem without the second stanza and without "Will I ever see your face again?" and I think you will be surprised. - Consider using some periods. Crashed. ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: For Drake.

    - The letter is so snarky that it makes it difficult to read. If you reread your story without the letter, I think you find it only improves it. - ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: nothing behind those eyes

    Hmmm, well, yes, I suppose. But no one likes homework attached to a poem, now do they? I understand this was an assignment. I'd say you did a bang-up job ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Imperfection

    A comment on your intro. I feel that one of the beauties of poetry is its capacity to refine raw emotion and edify it. See, emotion is personal. But you ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: What A Disguise Love Is.

    - "I am taken by moments in time": Ok, I am a sucker for the first line. A really big sucker. You have suckered me in. Most juries make up ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Reason for Rebellion

    Hmmm, I feel that the sentiment here is a bit too blunt for it to have much of an impact. There is something to be said for subtlety. - I ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Crucifixion

    I am a cursed one. Like flames that lick my wooden soul (Wooden soul, awesome.) They taunt me crue(l)ly. They whip me, and hurt. Bright red sparks come from my ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Antithetic Love

    Be warned: I read no other comments before this. I do like this poem. And yet there is something about it that itches me. I think it is the tone. ...

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: Anatomy

    Deleted.

    Jun 5, 2008
  • Lyrics Re: Omphalos, the Centre of the Universe

    Thanks for reminding me of this. I've completely redone it, and if I record it I'll post a link. Keep critiquing.

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Draft of a Letter to Delphi

    1. Like Luther is unnecessary. After your other fairly dense allusions, let's hope your audience gets that one. 2. Having followed your poetry, I know you have mostly abandoned texture ...

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Lyric Poetry Re: Deepest Memories

    1. You changed tense in the fifth line. Even in a poem, you usually want to stick to one tense unless you have a good reason not to. 2. "The ...

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: A still life in color

    1. Comma after line "bathing in radiant light", and make pr or. 2. Via Dolorosa. 3. Hmm, I feel like the capitalization of the last line breaks something. I really ...

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: There is a mercy in weeping

    There is a mercy in weeping For the skies are niggard in their bounty. The eye must be chained and eaten For stealing the hoard of the gods. There is ...

    Jun 2, 2008
  • Other Poetry Re: It is not yet warm to go outside

    Some edits made.

    Jun 2, 2008


You don't need to follow me! You don't need to follow anybody! You got to think for yourselves!
— Brian Cohen