Random avatar

timjim77

  • Other Poetry Re: Writing Challenge 4/17th

    Its eyes, full glee: Huh? Here you rhymed, and you had meter. I love rhyme and meter. I am not one to encourage free verse all the time. But you ...

    Apr 18, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Sensory Defecation

    The first three lines are sheer brilliance. After that, it seems a bit like an out-of-control carriage or something. I still liked the carriage part, and I liked the effect ...

    Apr 18, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: graveyards and roses (me and you)

    One suggestion. Get rid of the italicized 'dead' in the first line. Comes off a bit tacky.

    Apr 18, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Faced with fear

    "hypnotised by the entracing waves": entrancing. But entrancing is redundant there anyway, because you've already told us you were hypnotized. "not understanding were i am": where I am.

    Apr 18, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Trapped in my Mind

    I must disagree with David. The poem has no substance. Every line repeats itself. We can summarize the poem in one line: "I am shouting in agony because I want ...

    Apr 18, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Thousand Piece Puzzle

    It felt as if while reading it the narrator was panting for breath, as if she was running away from something. Loved that effect. The poem would have benefited if ...

    Apr 18, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: He Walked Among the Unspoiled Rushes

    YAY! Awesome. Very nicely done. Imagery: A. Language: A+. Your use of language was incredible, and while it was complex, it flowed sweetly and deliriously.

    Apr 18, 2006
  • Dramatic Poetry Re: Gazebo

    Agree with everyone else. One suggestion: use punctuation at the end of lines. The fact that you can write a simple, etheral poem without a single person finding some flaw ...

    Apr 8, 2006
  • Poetry Discussion Re: Most Influential Poet(s)

    Playwrights know how people interact. They know characters. And they know dialogue. Poetry is dialogue excised from conversations, and put onto the canvas of life. It is dialogue without a ...

    Apr 5, 2006
  • Lyrics Re: The Ballad of Pedro, the Mexican Breakdancer

    Deleted.

    Apr 5, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Under a Tree in a Cemetery

    "Under a tree, in a cemetery" is not meant to rhyme. The poem is free verse.

    Apr 4, 2006
  • Other Poetry Re: Under a Tree in a Cemetery

    Under a tree in a cemetery I found peace under a rock Where many have looked before, Wondering what mystery May lie beneath a silent slab As the one beside ...

    Apr 4, 2006
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Untitled

    Gotcha.

    Mar 31, 2006
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Untitled

    For one, DO NOT introduce your works. It degrades your work. Imagine if you opened a novel, and the first page was a bunch of reasons the author gave for ...

    Mar 31, 2006
  • Narrative Poetry Re: Batteries

    Wow. You have some really tough critics here. I really enjoyed this poem. The rhythm flowed and supported your meaning. I'm a sucker for when form and meaning meet. While ...

    Mar 31, 2006


I understand what you're saying, and your comments are valuable, but I'm gonna ignore your advice.
— Roald Dahl