Random avatar

thunder_dude7

  • Lounge, The Re: Post Your Pic Here [5]

    Ah. The classic blanket skirt and sweatshirt. Usually means it's cold. I'd a pic of myself, but I'm 99% sure I'm not allowed. Maybe when I'm in college.

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    I'm not saying that a scientific explanation for something divine is bad. I was responding to this: What happens in Exodus seems impossible, and therefore should not be taken literally ...

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: --Online Writing Contest for Charity--

    Ooh! My church raises money for the heifer project every year! I would definetly be interested, but I don't have a credit card or anything, so I don't know if ...

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    That is true as well, Galatea. But yes. There's no magic formula that gives you every answer. Everybody won't live the same life. In the end, the only thing that ...

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: First they came for the YouTubers...

    New comment: they want to prove that copyright infringing amterial is more popular than original videos? Why on earth would that require every single youtube user's name and IP adress? ...

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Title Feedback

    A one-worder? For some reason, I'm already thinking of a horror piece, in which case "The Park" would be better, I think. Or maybe a guy named Park? I'm not ...

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: American English: Dialect or Language?

    Never really gave this much thought. It does seem to make sense that there is English, with many variations of it. Oh, this reminds me of a little tip. If ...

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    Rei, your argument that the happenings in Exodus are probably partially or even completely untrue is absurd. According to Christianity, God created the laws of nature. Seeing as He had ...

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    Sorry, Rei. Missspoke. I meant the theories you pointed out. My fault. Some people thing that the Megilah (the story of Esther) shouldn't be a part of religious texts because ...

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Removed by Author

    Hello, endless secrets! I'm thunder_dude7, and I will be [s]shreding[/s] critiquing your story today! The first two paragraphs are rather info-dumpy. It just didn't feel right for me. Remember: Subtle

    Jul 7, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Does this have any potential?

    Maybe, to prevent yourself from becoming the next Christopher Paolini, you could at least change the spyglass to something else. Wait...main villian is Amber...spyglass...I sware that I've heard the t

    Jul 6, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: "Hey, want to finish this story for me?"

    Round Robin Riter Club

    Jul 6, 2008
  • Randomosity Re: The internet is pleased :-)

    Uh...OK...

    Jul 6, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    Jamie, that was a perfect explanation of my viewpoint. In order to find God's stance on issues that weren't present during Bible times, we must interpret the Bible and pray ...

    Jul 6, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    Well, typically, I think, Catholic Christians interpret the Bible literally, while Protestants(oh which I am one) take the underlying message, though not for your reasons. I think we need to ...

    Jul 6, 2008


There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
— William Shakespeare