Random avatar

thunder_dude7

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Art, and its limits

    See, I think that art really requires talent on the author's part. A red box on a white canvas...I don't see how that has any deep meaning or underlying self ...

    Jul 21, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: McCain vs. Obama

    It would be an interesting change to have a woman or non-white as president, and I would be pleased with that adjustment. But when it comes to who I would ...

    Jul 21, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Art, and its limits

    I really don't like a lot of modern art. I prefer the older art - pieces that were meant to actually depict something, whatever that may be. I think that ...

    Jul 21, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Questions Only

    Unless one parent is abusive or something like that, wouldn't they be equal?

    Jul 20, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Editors

    OK, I think you actually were in the right. He didn't actually give help with the story, just gave you a ton of rubbish. And that makes for a really ...

    Jul 20, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Chew on This

    Oh, I read it! Everybody needs to read this book! The most shocking part, I think, was the process of butchering chickens and how sometimes, the stuff that knocks them ...

    Jul 19, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Brisingr (Eragon 3) Spoiler

    I can't wait for Brisingr to come out! I've never gotten to see what it looks like when a truck full of hardback books explodes! Wait...somebody [spoiler]GETS pregnant, implying that ...

    Jul 19, 2008
  • Writing Activities Re: Questions Only

    Aren't one's parents equally worthy of respect for their respective jobs in raising us?

    Jul 19, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Are people really equal?

    The question change is nice. Much more worthy of debate. Killer/Nonkiller thing: Have you heard the story of the Adulterous woman Jesus met? She was caught in the act of ...

    Jul 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: McCain vs. Obama

    You do realize that not all members of a party will completely fit a mold, though, right?

    Jul 18, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: At what age did you start writing and

    I wrote my first story in 1st grade, before I got serious about writing. It was about a boy who hated Mondays because people would always cut down people's trees, ...

    Jul 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: McCain vs. Obama

    That's all well and good, I just get frusterated when people go against him because of his age. Not agreeing with his opinions that were popular in his generation is ...

    Jul 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: The Bible: Literal or Allegory?

    Nothing is being created, per se. The energy is simply being transfered into a different form.

    Jul 18, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: McCain vs. Obama

    I meant that a certain portion of people are jumping on the Obama bandwagon and whatnot. Not all voters. It's like biting into a cupcake, only to discover that said ...

    Jul 18, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Odd little idea...

    It all seems good, but...erm...disposable phones? As for the villian, quick tip: The villian always has a clear motive for his actions. Revenge is always a simple one, but feel ...

    Jul 18, 2008


In short, Mrs. Pontellier was beginning to realize her position in the universe as a human being, and to recognize her relations as an individual to the world within and about her.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening