Random avatar

thunder_dude7

  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Do you think we should get our troops out of the war?

    Right now it looks all bad and everything, but if we are persistant, good will come out of this. Would you rather be seen as a country who can persist, ...

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay people and Adoption

    To avoid this issue in the furture, I'll ask him to PM me those. Now, back to this debate. My entire reasoning for not being gay is in the Bible, ...

    Mar 25, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay people and Adoption

    Racist quotes: This is meaningless because it also gives many guidelines for slavery, like treating them well, as a member of your family, ect. This follows the "contradicting" quote. As ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: How Old is Too Old?

    "Aedomir, two words: Western Society" I hope that you mean western hemisphere, as in the entire US, and not western US.

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    Correct, and that is where I am still undecided.

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Do you think we should get our troops out of the war?

    I agree with Suzanne. We need t pull out eventually, but we need to make sure that at least Iraq has made some improvements. If only the one who will ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Christmas.

    "Jesus was actually born in Janaury or Febuary so that your arguement out the window." Cite your source, and if it isn't in the Bible, I likely won't care unless ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Gay people and Adoption

    ^That last question makes no sense, it is clearly answered in her post. 2) I'm sorry honey, but the Bible also says that black/foreign/women/athiests/anyone not Christian is wrong. Sometimes. It ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Christmas.

    You know what? I've changed my mind. Celebrating Christmas shouldn't be done if you are atheist. "For the part in bold - why not? Why, exactly, can you not pick ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Do you think we should get our troops out of the war?

    I woul;d like to make the point that they aren't just killing people over there. They're helping the Iraqi people get back on their feet. We aren't needlessly throwing away ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    If you don't want a child, don't have sex. It isn't that hard a concept to grasp. Women who don't want a child, yet still have sex, shouldn't be able ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    The physical and psychological burdens are her's and her's alone. And as such, I feel that a woman should be able to choose whether or not she wants to bear ...

    Mar 24, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    This is NOT true. Pregnancy and labour is extremely physically and emotionally difficult. I've said this multiple times and no one sees fit to address it. The changes that pregnancy ...

    Mar 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Abortions

    And we will harm the baby by killing it. Wait, what?

    Mar 23, 2008
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Is it alright to be gay?

    Neither is the anti-gay one. It's some guy writing down his opinions millenia ago. And yes, both secular and religious scholars agree that there is a strong likelihood that David ...

    Mar 23, 2008


Way, way back in the 1988 Presidential election, then Vice President George H W Bush had a phrase he liked to use: "A Thousand Points of Light." It refers to the idea that a community is made up of people who contribute in a thousand, different small ways, but with each helping to illuminate their community. It's a phrase I think about a lot when it comes to YWS. Looking forward, the site will continue to change and grow, but it will always remain a community dedicated to promoting creative writing as a favorite pastime.
— Nate