Random avatar

thunder_dude7

  • Lounge, The Re: American Idol

    I didn't watch the Hollywood weeks. I'm very unhappy Brent didn't make it - it was a poor choice on the show's part in going from the top 36 directly ...

    Feb 24, 2009
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Ninjas versus Pirates

    Ninja. Good luck killing one of them. They kill you before you realize that you're dead.

    Feb 22, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: American Idol

    Has anybody else started watching it? I think 36 contestants is too many, but still, I'm watching. I like to pick favorites early. As of what I've seen, my favorite ...

    Feb 22, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hayy :]]

    Hello, Carly! Welcome to YWS! Please remember to write 2 reviews before posting something of your own. In addition, please keep the ratio of reviews to works 2:1. We hope ...

    Feb 21, 2009
  • Lounge, The Re: What's your dream job?

    You know how some people help others with low self-esteem? I'd want to be that, except I'd help people with HIGH self-esteem. The humbleness doctor. "Oh my GOODNESS. I help ...

    Feb 21, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: What Do I Do With My Antagonist?

    How to defeat a villain... It's really up to you, but I really like the idea of taking her power. I'd do that. As for finding a way for her ...

    Feb 21, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: Keeping It Together

    You sound like the kind of person who'd like the snowflake method of outlining. Basically, you start with a simple plot and characters, then you gradually add details until you ...

    Feb 21, 2009
  • Art & Photography Re: Political Cartoon

    The hands are a bit off - the left hand seems tiny compared to the other. Perhaps, if you decide to re-do it, have him holding the nuke he's writing ...

    Feb 21, 2009
  • Writing Tips Re: first person verses second person

    2nd person is really only good for 'how-to' books and "choose your own adventure" stories. Not much else. First person and third person both work - however, it IS possible ...

    Feb 21, 2009
  • Lyric Poetry Re: A Spinster-To-Be

    Hello, Demeter! I feel the need to make my horrendously small review to post ratio a little better, so...here I am. Anyway, let's take a look here... The first stanza ...

    Feb 21, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello there!

    *beep* Hi, Rose! Welcome to YWS! Please remember to post 2 rev- *crash* Sorry about that. You already followed that rule. That automated message is annoying. Anyway... Ah, so a ...

    Feb 21, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: hola amigos

    OK, so if you're not new, then the automa - oh, darn it... *beep* Hello, boltageman! Welcome to YWS! Please remember to post two rev- *crash* Sorry about that. So...welcome ...

    Feb 21, 2009
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello!

    Alright, so it looks like the others handled the rules, so...wait, no, stop! *beep* Hi, Storm_bringer! Welcome to YWS! Please remember to write 2 reviews before posting stories of your ...

    Feb 21, 2009
  • Writing Tutorials Re: Description

    Description gives plenty of people fits. The writer, who has a pain trying to pull it off, and the reader, who gets annoyed with too little or too much. So ...

    Feb 21, 2009
  • Writers Corner Re: A Thief

    He wants attention, eh? Characters can do that. It's irritating, but there is a solution. What you need to do is not KILL him, but rather occupy him. Maybe he ...

    Feb 21, 2009


And then, as if written by the hand of a bad novelist, an incredible thing happened.
— Bartimaeus of Uruk