User avatar

talkingbird

  • Other Poetry Re: Thawing

    Good point. I'm usually a grammar freak, but whenever I write poetry, I just always forget... haha thanks!

    Aug 4, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Shattering

    thank you! And yeah, I agree after reading it over... I really haven't looked at this since it was assigned in class.

    Aug 4, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Waiting

    This is a poem I wrote in response to the House on Mango Street... so it might make more sense if you have read the book. Like I kind of ...

    Aug 4, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Shattering

    A Poem I wrote for school obviously a while ago about Egypt 18 days –revolt But for a while this not a revolt This is disobeying children Blocked Being disciplined ...

    Aug 3, 2011
  • Media Reviews Re: The House on Mango Street

    This is more a REFLECTION on the book, not a review And so she spent her life By the window Waiting Hope Under the streetlight Somewhere When will the star ...

    Aug 3, 2011
  • General Articles Re: Raw Art

    Raw Art Where thick, charcoal arms reach out to sheets of water color, and acrylic clings to its canvas; where fingers make quick stabs at keys and clutch onto pencils, ...

    Aug 3, 2011
  • Other Poetry Re: Thawing

    Closet doors open Drawers part their lips Waiting for us to shed our winter layers So we thaw from the ice Shake the early sunset off our backs Pluck snowflakes ...

    Aug 3, 2011
  • Media Reviews Re: What is the Best Book you have read...

    Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. It may not have been the best writing one might have seen, but the story is so touching. It's a depressing book, but Jay ...

    Jun 5, 2010
  • Media Reviews Re: Do these even exist?

    -Wintergirls -13 Reasons Why Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson (same person who wrote Speak) It is not you typical shallow teen book, it is about a girl with anorexia, and ...

    Jun 5, 2010
  • Media Reviews Re: Wintergirls -- chilling

    I feel like some people would say this book is 16+ but I dont. I think everyone should read this book. Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson One of the BEST ...

    Jun 5, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Not yet broken

    This is really really good! In my opinion i think in the first few paragraphs you used the word happy to much, but that might just be me because i ...

    May 5, 2010
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Waiting for the Breeze-Introduction

    ooops, sorry, I posted that comment by mistake :P

    May 4, 2010
  • General Fiction Novels Re: Waiting for the Breeze-Introduction

    ,

    May 4, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Horror: To Be Pretty

    Wow, I really like these horror stories. But like the other one, describe the relation between the characters and develop them a little more. Also, some parts are a little ...

    May 4, 2010
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Horror: Dancing the Night Away

    Wow, this sent chills, and I could totally feel what the narrator was feeling... kind of creepy. But yeah, like the other reviews said, I think this story would be ...

    May 4, 2010


We always talk about the "doers" and "dreamers" but I'd like to give a big shoutout to the "tryers".
— Hannah Hart