User avatar

starrynight89

  • Lounge, The Re: Iowa wins for Huckabee and Obama

    Well I was up till about 1: 30 a.m. watching it on TV. I thought the way certain candidates addressed the public was rather..humorous. My thoughts on some of the ...

    Jan 5, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Blue Steam

    Hey Proky! Stopped by to leave a review :) I reckon this is either the beginning or an excerpt. You had a lot of description but it wasn't boring to ...

    Jan 5, 2008
  • Romantic Short Stories Re: hm,dont know a title yet. help me?

    Hey newbie! First off, welcome to YWS, hope you learn a lot and read a lot! My darling Lilleth, I will be home by 10:00 o’clock tonight. Dinner is in ...

    Jan 5, 2008
  • Fantasy Novels Re: Chapter 3: Reunited and Realizations

    'lo overeasy, just dropping by to give you my two cents :) Before I start, I should mention that I haven't read the other chapters so this might be largely ...

    Jan 4, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Turning Ideas into Novels

    oh, interesting advice Mantis and thank you for the advise Smurf :)

    Jan 3, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: Writing Resolutions

    I currently have two really interesting ideas. One, I've written close to two chapters. the other sprung from a plausible contest entry which I just can't stop thinking about. So, ...

    Jan 3, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: making a book longer

    LIke suzy said, subplots are your best friends. Make sure not to get too wordy, when you re-read the whole thing, look for any unnecessary dialogue or actions. They are ...

    Jan 3, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: In need of writers block destruction.........

    Yes, I agree with kokobeans, sometimes when I try too hard, I blank out! Sometimes it's better to just stop writing for a few days and nothing think about the ...

    Jan 3, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Cliched stories

    I think cliche isn't a bad thing if written correctly. We've come to a point where, almost everything is "cliche" in a sense. Elves, fairies, vampires, wizards. I mean, can ...

    Jan 3, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Outlining

    I don't really outline until I sink my teeth into the story. I write until the plot files itself out but, outlining is needed once things get complicated. As for ...

    Jan 3, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Turning Ideas into Novels

    Hello, I don't exactly know how to overcome this bad habit of letting ideas wither way without turning them into anything. I do have these interesting ideas and I do ...

    Jan 3, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: I would like to know if my novel is any good.

    Oh, Suzy, you give good advice. Actually, what she said about hiding it is exactly what my Women Studies professor said about our papers. Leave them alone for 24 hrs ...

    Jan 3, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: Vampier stories love them? hate them?

    As long as it doesn't involve Edward Cullen or anything to do with Bella. She makes my blood boil! The whole series, in fact. But other than that, I don't ...

    Jan 3, 2008
  • Lounge, The Re: The YWS Yearbook '07

    Oh, I haven't signed this but it's already 2008! Eek! Oh well. Personally, Yws is an escape from everything. Not a day goes by when I don't come to this ...

    Jan 3, 2008
  • Fantasy Short Stories Re: Olivia

    'lo Azila, Just dropping by to review :) My bubble of idle thought is burst as the electric school bell rings, sharp and metallic , like an alarm clock. The ...

    Jan 3, 2008


You wake up in the morning and it feels impossible? Good. You do it anyway.
— Martin Scorcese