User avatar

sofi

  • WRFF Archive Re: Royal Reviews

    Hey Sarah! Since I am a very firm fan of yours I would love if you could possibly review my piece and bestow some of your brilliance upon it :D ...

    Dec 23, 2008
  • WRFF Archive Re: You Know You Want Some [re-opened]

    It's called 'Watching Mermaids' (just incase I pasted the wrong link!) and it would be great if you would review it, it hasn't had many! Please take your time though ...

    Dec 23, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Watching Mermaids

    Hey scasha! Thank you so much for reviewing this, I'm glad you enjoyed it :D What you edited sounds so much better so thank you! And have a good christmas ...

    Dec 23, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Hello.

    Hi there! Welcome to YWS!! :D It's lovely to have someone new joining us! This place is really great if you love to write. Do you write any particular genre? ...

    Dec 19, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Here to Say Hi

    Hello! Well Nutty seems to have given you a pretty thorough introduction to the site :D so I'm just here to say welcome and feel free to PM me with ...

    Dec 19, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Watching Mermaids

    It’s supposed to be a bright day, the day she arrives back at Port Maddock. The forecast has predicted the whole week to be sunny and Emily imagines it to ...

    Dec 19, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: introducing...

    Hey! And welcome to YWS! I hope you like it here :D Everyone else has really covered any information you might need to know so I just thought I would ...

    Dec 18, 2008
  • General Articles Re: Time - Does it Exist?

    Hello! I do agree that you should expand on this slightly. I found it very interesting as it is and it definatly made me think, but I also think that ...

    Dec 16, 2008
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Would a character smoking in a novel bother you?

    If that's the kind of character you want to portray then I don't think it's a problem. People should know, and especially us, as writers, that your characters feelings and ...

    Dec 16, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Strawberry Wine

    I looked down at my own shorts and tried to pull them down more so the back of my legs wouldn’t stick to the seat. Whoever invented short shorts obviously ...

    Dec 15, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: Strawberry Wine

    Hello there! I edited a few things as i went through if that's okay! :D Chapter one: He was working through college You know why I’m sending you there, right ...

    Dec 15, 2008
  • Welcome Mat Re: Im new

    Hello there! Just thought I'd drop by and say welcome! Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want a review or anything like that! Hope ...

    Dec 15, 2008
  • General Fiction Short Stories Re: First night in Ecuador

    Hi! I was wondering if you were just posting this on it's own or if it was the opening to something much longer? If it's just on it's own then ...

    Dec 14, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Help!

    Hey everyone! Thanks so much for taking the time to recommend books I really appreciate it! I think I might get him 'Reach for the Sky' but I'll definatly recommend ...

    Dec 13, 2008
  • Media Reviews Re: Help!

    It's funny you should mention that one because that's the one I was going to get him but then someone told me that he already read it :( Thank you ...

    Dec 9, 2008


Way, way back in the 1988 Presidential election, then Vice President George H W Bush had a phrase he liked to use: "A Thousand Points of Light." It refers to the idea that a community is made up of people who contribute in a thousand, different small ways, but with each helping to illuminate their community. It's a phrase I think about a lot when it comes to YWS. Looking forward, the site will continue to change and grow, but it will always remain a community dedicated to promoting creative writing as a favorite pastime.
— Nate