-
Re: How do you write?
That sounds like a really good way to do it, s_p. I'll tell you why I find writing chronologically didn't work for me: You're right, I was never working on ...
Apr 17, 2007 -
Re: How do you write?
I have a question for all you novel writers out there: How do you write? I am in the process of writing two novels, and the first I began chronologically. ...
Apr 15, 2007 -
Re: Using B.C.E not B.C.
Um, I've never read the Da Vinci Code... And I also find the claim that I like to hear myself talk slightly offensive. And whilst we're here, I kind of ...
Mar 29, 2007 -
Re: Using B.C.E not B.C.
Actually, he had a number of followers, although mainly in Isreal. News of Him didn't reach other parts of the world until later. What's with the 'actually'? You've just repeated ...
Mar 29, 2007 -
Re: Using B.C.E not B.C.
Snap: Actually, Jesus' influence wasn't really felt until later. At his time, and after his death, he still only had relatively few followers (hence the lack of historical info on ...
Mar 28, 2007 -
Re: Using B.C.E not B.C.
I still use BC and AD. I think they're going a little over kill on it. It wasn't just because it was a Christian dominated world they used these letters, ...
Mar 24, 2007 -
Re: It has to be said
Hey guys, I can understand what you mean, chinadoll, but what is also important to understand is that our teachers, especially in English, are older, and often have more experience ...
Mar 24, 2007 -
Re: Too much... writing?
I'm currently working on two different novels as well as several short stories. I think the novels are the most overwhelming, believe it or not. I always have those scenes ...
Mar 23, 2007 -
Re: To outline or not to outline?
I sort of my mind. It depends on what I'm writing. If it's a short story, I know how it's going to end, and how the characters are going to ...
Mar 22, 2007 -
Re: Time intervals!
What about two characters talking about an event that happened 10 years ago, perhaps one that was mentioned in the previous chapter? Just an idea.
Mar 22, 2007 -
Re: Which is better?
In Adam's defense, I can see where he is coming from. I'm in the process of writing two different novels, and I would rather not post the details either, I ...
Mar 22, 2007 -
Re: Third Person or First?
In his trilogy, (Amulet of Samarkand ?) Jonathan Stroud writes in more than one POV, but one he writes in first, and another in third. It was immensely confusing. I'd ...
Mar 21, 2007
