User avatar

snap

  • Writing Tips Re: Publishing works online

    Unless they find out. (through google or somesuch) :) I'm not sure how it works, anyhow, and you're right, probably the majority of the people here are safe on that ...

    May 15, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Publishing works online

    Hey, guys, I was reading a book on writing the other day, and it brought up an interesting point. If you post an entire novel online as you write it, ...

    May 15, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Guys and Dolls

    Those kind of books always have something to offer. :)

    May 15, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Making a Character Death Sad

    *sniffles* I have far too much experience in this area. The safest way to ensure a character's death is sad is to characterize the character well before their death. If ...

    May 15, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Guys and Dolls

    Well since it's a children's picture book, a few of the agents want me to send my entire manuscript within the query doing one at a time is not the ...

    May 15, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Beauty--the Beast

    what is a query letter? im nearly done with the first of two books that i've been working on for the past three years. i'm considering self-publication but i want ...

    May 15, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Guys and Dolls

    When you write the query letter, in the last paragraph, write that you'll be showing it to only one agent at a time. If you get more than one request ...

    May 14, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Beauty--the Beast

    Well, I've officially gotten my first rejection. This is not for me; however, I wish you great fortune in finding adequate representation and eventual publication. It wasn't unexpected, obviously. Act

    May 14, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Some writing hints please

    Unless there's a specific reason for making the chapters short, I don't see a problem with it. I've read books with only one or two page chapters. Actually, I kind ...

    May 13, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Guys and Dolls

    Sorry, I should have mentioned that. :) oops. Anyway, an agent WILL NOT ask you for money up front. In fact, if they do, don't send your work to them, ...

    May 13, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Guys and Dolls

    I'm honestly not quite sure about the illustrator, though if I had to guess, I would say the publisher would do it (but don't quote me on that.) As for ...

    May 13, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Beauty--the Beast

    Most of you don't know this, but I've been working on a novel called Beauty--the Beast. It is very near completion, and I've finally completed query letters, only because I ...

    May 13, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Name of a country

    I came up with some, but I really suck at it. If you have some I can use, pm me, that would be great!!

    May 5, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Name of a country

    McMourning, thanks so much for your advice. I've already utilized it and come up with a country name. Now all that's left is naming towns and landmarks. :) In answer ...

    Apr 29, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Name of a country

    Hey, guys, I'm assuming this is where I can post this, but feel free to move it if I'm off base. I'm currently in the process of writing a romance ...

    Apr 27, 2007


¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— Someone Incredibly Noncommittal