User avatar

snap

  • Writing Tips Re: What do you like to see in a book?

    You might check out The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle (as mentioned above) or Pirates! for research or whatnot. It might give you some ideas. :) Also, I agree about ...

    Nov 2, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: historical fiction: how much can I fudge?

    I'm dealing with the SAME thing in one of my novels. I think I agree with Trident, that perhaps it could be another, fictional camp? (I did the same thing ...

    Nov 2, 2007
  • Research Re: Please Help!

    I just asked my dad (the chemist) and he said it was microscope. :)

    Sep 22, 2007
  • Research Re: A Few Things..

    Well, I can't answer the latter question, but I've spent a majority of my life around mentally/physically handicapped people, so I might be of some use. You have to take ...

    Sep 14, 2007
  • Research Re: Funerals/Wakes

    I don't know if this might or might not help, but the "Wake" actually came from medieval times when people would come across someone passed out, drunk, in the road. ...

    Sep 7, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Dialogue in Mutes

    Yeah, italics is good, though I'm pretty sure it's not how you HAVE to do it. You could also do it in quotes, and then, instead of using "said" using ...

    Jul 13, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Beauty--the Beast

    Okay, time for an update. :) I'm still currently waiting for a response from the first agent I got a response from, and from my research, I guess it can ...

    Jun 21, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Confused on Sentence Structure

    I concur. I've always wanted to use that word....

    Jun 19, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: I can't get attached to my characters!

    I always figure that if I don't get attached to my characters, my readers won't get attached to them, either. (Which can be the death of a story. It may ...

    Jun 17, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Curiosity

    They all sound really good. The first two I would definitely pick up and buy, the third I might leaf through a bit, but would probably end up buying it ...

    Jun 12, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Internet writing tips

    It appears we are on two different pages. I completely agree with everything you said, and I have been known to break grammatical rules if it so fits my story. ...

    Jun 8, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Internet writing tips

    I agree with Meep, in that no. 1 isn't worded right, and I took it to mean that you have to LOVE writing, which I do agree with. I disagree ...

    Jun 8, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Commonly misused words

    Ooh, ooh, I have one!! I actually just found one while proof reading my writing. Stationary and stationery. I ALWAYS get these confused. Stationery: Writing materials Stationary: In one place; ...

    May 25, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Publishing???

    I'm going through exactly the same thing. It's tough, but just keep writing!! :)

    May 23, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Beauty--the Beast

    Well, after countless rejections, and much anxiety, I received this upon opening my email: Your premise sounds intriguing, and if you wish to send me a synopsis and the first ...

    May 18, 2007


Steps to enlightenment brighten the way, but the steps are steep. Take them one at a time.
— Cheshire Cat (American McGee's Alice)