User avatar

snap

  • Writing Tips Re: To get a novel published?

    The first thing you'll need for this is a Query letter. However, before you construct the query letter, I completely agree with Suzanna that you should edit edit edit. The ...

    Dec 12, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Outline?

    I generally find I have to know where I'm going when I begin, otherwise I get lost. If I don't have an ending mark, it's difficult for me to write ...

    Dec 12, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Room description

    I agree that it's not so bad to have it all at once. However, I think one important thing is to make sure everything you're describing (and I mean every ...

    Dec 12, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Write what you know

    The piece of advice in question is not a rule, but it's still something to be considered. The caution is that you should focus on stuff you know unless you ...

    Mar 16, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Write what you know

    In answer to your question, is it a rule? Absolutely not. In the physical sense, you can research whatever you want, whatever interests you. And that's what writing's all about, ...

    Mar 14, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Fighting scenes

    Well, the key to writing a fight scene is to have it concise, and not have the protagonist and antagonist going all over the place, both literally and figuratively. When ...

    Mar 7, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: How many words is the average novel?

    I'm at 103,000 words, and it's about 370 pages long. So, 80,000-120,000 or somewhere abouts there sounds about right. :) Also, if you want to know how many pages your ...

    Jan 24, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Stupid Creative Writing Assignment--NEED TIPS!!!

    It's funny, because I'm majoring to be an English teacher, and this is something I always said I'd do. "I'm going to have my class each write a novel! A ...

    Jan 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: A Writing Journal

    It also keeps me entertained in science class. ;) Haha, I wrote my entire last novel in my high school math class. :) And, no, I'm not kidding. :) And ...

    Jan 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Agent or Publisher: who do I contact first?

    Definitely, DEFINITELY an agent. A year ago I was looking to get my book published (although I wasn't successful, and have since realized that my novel sucked and needed some ...

    Jan 9, 2008
  • Research Re: Ma'am

    I'm from Arizona, and I tend to use it a lot. I work at a bank, so a lot of times I'll use names (Mr./Ms. So-and-so), but when I'm asked ...

    Jan 9, 2008
  • Writing Tips Re: Losing Motivation

    I agree with the above. Rewrite. Not right away, though. Give yourself some time to think. Comeback to it in a week or a month, and I'll bet you'll have ...

    Jan 4, 2008
  • Writers Corner Re: The Priceless Bounty

    The only way it's not going to happen is if you decide not to give it a go. You never know until you try. But, that's entirely your decision. :)

    Nov 28, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: deleted

    It looks good. Very elegant writing. I would agree with the above, as to posting in literary forums and breaking it up, and the only thing I would suggest is, ...

    Nov 28, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Creative writing club

    I help run a bi-weekly writing group that meets at Barnes and Noble. And, honestly, I'm not very happy with the way it works. We have two different people reading ...

    Nov 6, 2007


Remember when dad's shoulders were the highest place on earth and your mom was your hero? Race issues were about who ran the fastest, war was only a car game. The most pain you felt was when you skinned your knees, and good byes only meant tomorrow? And we couldn't wait to grow up.
— Unknown