-
Re: Phantom of the Opera?
LOL, now I've got everyone reading the book. I didn't really like it, but, if you do, more power to you!
Apr 30, 2007 -
Re: What are you reading at the moment?
I'm always reading several books at the same time. Right now, if I can remember right, it's Fever 1793, The Curse of Treasure Island, Dragon Rider, and Marley and Me ...
Apr 30, 2007 -
Re: Character Answer Game
Anywhere but here. I always want to be anywhere but here. --Sherry What is one of your life goals?
Apr 30, 2007 -
Re: Phantom of the Opera?
Hey, guys, I read this book a while ago, and was curious what you guys thought of it. As you can see, I LOVED the movie, and the play, for ...
Apr 29, 2007 -
Re: Eragon
Like I said, I honestly think most people that DID like the books liked them because the characters were well drawn, and were identifiable. That's what I think, anyway.
Apr 29, 2007 -
Re: Eragon
I actually...*gulp*...enjoyed Eragon. I do recognize its similarities to LOTR, although I have not read star wars. (Watched some of the movies--hated them. Never bothered to read the books. Not ...
Apr 29, 2007 -
Re: Do you ever feel...?
Even better, I think, is to get caught up in your own characters, and their lives. I honestly think that's why I write; because, when I'm writing, I'm not....me, anymore, ...
Apr 27, 2007 -
Re: What makes a great book?
Since this post has been revived, I will tell you what I have observed. I mentioned earlier that I am a good observer, and if I'm watching something, I am ...
Apr 10, 2007 -
Re: Make Up The Worst Possible Opening Line Ever
"In the end she dies." I really read this next one once: "As I sat there, squinting against the bright light shining down on me and the tall silhouetted figure ...
Apr 6, 2007 -
Re: finding a publisher
Agents can really lighten the load. It's not nearly as stressing or time consuming to look for an agent as it is to look for a publisher. A lot of ...
Apr 3, 2007 -
Re: What makes a great book?
ah you are looking for similarities, well, it is really easy to do that one. What are all those books? Best sellers. Even look outside of YA (I don't know ...
Mar 23, 2007 -
Re: What makes a great book?
I think you're right Claudette. But there is the odd book that flies off the shelves. I was wondering why people think it does. I've always prided myself on being ...
Mar 23, 2007 -
Re: What makes a great book?
Hey guys, I thought it would be interesting to get everyone's insight and ideas on this. What, in your opinion, makes a great book? I'm talking about the grab-you-at-the-throat, can't ...
Mar 23, 2007 -
Re: The Child called it
I've read this book several times, it's very powerful, and the author is a very strong man. There are two sequels as well. The lost Boy and A Man Named ...
Mar 23, 2007 -
Re: At what age did you start writing and
I wrote my first poem in first grade, about spring. Been writing ever since!
Mar 23, 2007
