User avatar

snap

  • Fiction Discussion Re: Said, said, said, said

    I think it's really a matter of opinion. I, personally, don't like when "said" is used over and over. To me, at least, it shows a lack of creativity and ...

    Nov 2, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Help for novel?

    Try not writing it in order. I NEVER write my novels in order. I can't. What's one scene that just runs through your head over and over again that you ...

    Oct 1, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Beginning and over description.

    Here's what I do: Tell yourself "It doesn't have to be perfect....I can always edit....I can always edit.....I can always edit!!" over and over again. Remember, chances are you'll have ...

    Sep 15, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Planning

    Here's what I've found DOESN'T work for me: writing chronologically. I had the same problem, and I'm just now starting to rewrite it. But I don't outline. Not in the ...

    Aug 31, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Writing a Fight scene

    Glad to be of service. :)

    Aug 15, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Writing a Fight scene

    Is this a hand-to-hand fight? I'm assuming so. :) I second Allycat on using all the space. And be original. Think about the surroundings, and find what your Main Character ...

    Aug 14, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Bloody Jack Series

    Um, I think there are four, but don't quote me on that. I know there's another one coming out in, like, August. Called Virginia Jack (I think.) :)

    Jul 8, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: Blood and Chocolate

    I actually thought the movie was better than the book (I know, it was a first for me :)) Don't get me wrong, I liked the book, but it just ...

    Jun 28, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Do you find it harder to read...

    My reading doesn't really fluctuate depending on if I'm writing. I do find, however, that if I'm writing, I have a more critical eye for whatever I'm reading. I catch ...

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Can You Write About Things...

    Yes. Definitely. I write about things ALL the time that I've never experienced. I think it helps to have a vivid imagination, and it can never hurt to ask someone ...

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Suggestions for Summer Reading

    Isn't her name Lois? ;) Darn, and I thought I did a once over. Well, I guess spell check doesn't catch everything.... :)

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Suggestions for Summer Reading

    Oh, wow, okay. Got a pen? Good. I'll try to list some that aren't very common, and therefore there's less chance of you already having read them. One of my ...

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: To describe or not to describe; that is the question.

    I only really describe my characters if it's essential to the plot somehow. I'll give a vague idea of what they look like, but I like my readers to have ...

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: Suggestions for Summer Reading

    What kind of stuff do you like to read? Fantasy? Historical? Sci-Fi? Romance? I'll do my best to help!! :)

    Jun 20, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: RedWall Series

    I used to LOVE these books. I agree with the above, though, in that they get very repetitive. I've read them all (with the exception of perhaps a couple of ...

    Jun 20, 2007


"Do not try to be pretty. You weren't meant to be pretty; you were meant to burn down the earth and graffiti the sky. Don't let anyone ever simplify you to just 'pretty'"
— Suzanne Rivard