User avatar

snap

  • Writing Tips Re: It has to be said

    Hey guys, I can understand what you mean, chinadoll, but what is also important to understand is that our teachers, especially in English, are older, and often have more experience ...

    Mar 24, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What makes a great book?

    ah you are looking for similarities, well, it is really easy to do that one. What are all those books? Best sellers. Even look outside of YA (I don't know ...

    Mar 23, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What makes a great book?

    I think you're right Claudette. But there is the odd book that flies off the shelves. I was wondering why people think it does. I've always prided myself on being ...

    Mar 23, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: What makes a great book?

    Hey guys, I thought it would be interesting to get everyone's insight and ideas on this. What, in your opinion, makes a great book? I'm talking about the grab-you-at-the-throat, can't ...

    Mar 23, 2007
  • Writers Corner Re: Too much... writing?

    I'm currently working on two different novels as well as several short stories. I think the novels are the most overwhelming, believe it or not. I always have those scenes ...

    Mar 23, 2007
  • Media Reviews Re: The Child called it

    I've read this book several times, it's very powerful, and the author is a very strong man. There are two sequels as well. The lost Boy and A Man Named ...

    Mar 23, 2007
  • Fiction Discussion Re: At what age did you start writing and

    I wrote my first poem in first grade, about spring. Been writing ever since!

    Mar 23, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: To outline or not to outline?

    I sort of my mind. It depends on what I'm writing. If it's a short story, I know how it's going to end, and how the characters are going to ...

    Mar 22, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Time intervals!

    What about two characters talking about an event that happened 10 years ago, perhaps one that was mentioned in the previous chapter? Just an idea.

    Mar 22, 2007
  • Writing Tips Re: Which is better?

    In Adam's defense, I can see where he is coming from. I'm in the process of writing two different novels, and I would rather not post the details either, I ...

    Mar 22, 2007
  • Serious Discussion and Debate Re: Heaven

    Another thing about Revelation, and the Bible in general, Angels are not cute, cuddly cherubs with feathery wings. They are actually quite scary. They are described as having large wings, ...

    Mar 22, 2007
  • Research Archives Re: What color is the night sky?

    It depends on the setting. As is obvious, if it's in a large town/city, it'll show a lighter navy blue, if it's in the country, more a black. At least ...

    Mar 21, 2007
  • Research Re: Third Person or First?

    In his trilogy, (Amulet of Samarkand ?) Jonathan Stroud writes in more than one POV, but one he writes in first, and another in third. It was immensely confusing. I'd ...

    Mar 21, 2007
  • Research Archives Re: Tongues

    I'm pretty sure the person could eat and drink, albeit they'd do it a little more slowly. It depends on how much disability you want your character to have. The ...

    Mar 21, 2007


"Be yourself" is not advice. It's an existential crisis waiting to happen.
— Hank Green